• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Your Own Seasoning Samples...

In summary, Jeanie Gay created a way to keep her name in front of guests by giving them a business card with a sample of the seasoning on it and a label that says what the seasoning is and how to mix it.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I'm just playing around with this, and I didn't know what forum to put it in...

Since the samples are being discontinued on the supply order, I put this together. What you can do is purchase 3x3 ziploc baggies (I get them on Ebay) and put in a single serving of seasoning mix (enough for one batch of dip).

Cut out along the outside lines (they're very faint so they won't show as much when printed). Fold and score on the inside lines. In case they don't show up well, the strip is 3.5 inches wide, and you would score at 1.25 inches, 3.75 inches, 4 inches, and 7.5 inches.

You'd have to print this twice, once on each side of the paper (and hope they line up right!).

Right under where it says "Your Pampered Chef Consultant", there is a text field where you can click and enter your own information. It will seem weird because it will populate in upside down... but it will appear right when you print and cut.

So... does this make sense? and is there any interest in me making some more for the other seasonings?

Attachments

• DillDipPacket.pdf
    196.3 KB · Views: 598
Thanks for posting that. I didn't know that they were discontinuing the dill mix samples. I give them to all of my host and to the guest for a door prize. I also give them to whoever orders from me when I am at fair/festival type thing. I LOVE THE DILL MIX. I also give them a recipe card that I type up with the garden dip recipe on it - the recipe is from the All the Best Cookbook.
I make this recipe at least once a week and put it on crackers instead of using veggies.

I can't believe that they are doing that.

Thanks Joy for giving such a great idea. Well a matter of fact, I love all your ideas. The newsletters and flyers are always awesome.

(please forgive for any mispelled words - I am setting on my porch in the dark typing on my laptop - I am trying to catch errors)

Yes, I believe the packets are discontinued but we get to buy full size bottles of all the seasonings at sample pricing :)

How much dill seasonong in the pouch?

This would make a great add onto a gift package idea. Pair it with a small bowl and a medium square and they are set. Or small bowl, rectangular tray and either stand or woven tray or.....

Nice work! I'd like to continue to give out samples of the seasonings, this looks really nice;)

This is a great idea for all the seasonings. I'd really like to print a smaller card that is 4 per page or something so that it's less printing to give out more samples if I want to give them to all guests. The pull-apart bread for cinnamon would be great. I made that last night. Hmmm....
Jeanie Gay

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing! i didn't realize the samples were going away either. :(

For the dill dip, I'd do 2-3 tbls per packet.

Let me see what I can come up with in a smaller format.... I agree that cinnamon would not be nearly as much of a sample... (and I do have 2x2 baggies sitting around here somewhere!).

I love the Dill Dip one - thanks for sharing. Do you have any others or any recipes I can make with the other samples? I'd like to give these out at my open house!
Thanks!!
Joanne

when are they getting rid of the dill seasoning?????????????how much is it for us?

Great work! I wanted to complain about them getting rid of the SW Season packets too...:mad:

I did my first Dip and Sip show last night. First. if you've never made the Cheesy Bacon dip, it is awesome! I baked my bacon on the bar pan and sold 2 of them out of 6 orders.

After I got home, I started thinking about making my own seasoning samples to give away. I think I came up with an awesome idea. Use your business cards for the samples. Stick a label on the back of your card with the name of the seasoning and mixing directions and staple the sample zip bag to it. It keeps your name in front of someone and you know they won't throw it away (at least until they use the seasoning). I'm going to do this.

Jeanie

pcjeanie said:
I did my first Dip and Sip show last night. First. if you've never made the Cheesy Bacon dip, it is awesome! I baked my bacon on the bar pan and sold 2 of them out of 6 orders.

After I got home, I started thinking about making my own seasoning samples to give away. I think I came up with an awesome idea. Use your business cards for the samples. Stick a label on the back of your card with the name of the seasoning and mixing directions and staple the sample zip bag to it. It keeps your name in front of someone and you know they won't throw it away (at least until they use the seasoning). I'm going to do this.

Jeanie

What all did you fix and do at this show? It sounds neat. And I am a sucker for chips and dips!!! Did you do your own inviations? I have a few host who will be repeat hosts and I woul dlove to do something different for them.

I made Cheesy Bacon Dip and served with the Beer Bread which I made with apple juice in the mini loafs. I made the Classic Dill Dip and Chipolte Ranch Dip. I also made a Caramel Apple Dip for the first time that I did not like (made with apple butter). The host furnished veggies and apples for the dips and made other dips, too (Vidalia onion dip, tuna/cr cheese spread). She also used the oil dipping set and served basil blend canola oil with sourdough bread. This was my first dip show and I thought it turned out great! I highly recommend the Cheesy Bacon Dip. Cooking bacon on the large bar pan sold 2 of them for me. I thought about it today and wish I would have done a spinach dip. Oh yeah, I also demoed making lemonade in the Quick Stir pitcher since that was the guest special (big difficult demo, ha).

Jeanie

I've been doing this for about a year now, it's my gift when you bring a friend. I have used the tea bags attached to the old book marks from T&C. (I print out instructions and ordering info on a sticky label) Now I'm keeping it simple and using some of the old recipe cards I have on hand and attaching 1 Tbsp. of seasoning to those. I got the baggies at JoAnn's Fabrics ($1.49/100---different sizes, I use the tea bag size). It's much more economical to use the already printed recipe cards!

pcjeanie said:
I made Cheesy Bacon Dip and served with the Beer Bread which I made with apple juice in the mini loafs. (big difficult demo, ha).

Jeanie

Can you post the Cheesy Bacon Dip recipe? Or tell me what cookbook it is in and maybe I have it already. Someone sent me a bacon dip recipe a few weeks ago and it may be the same one, but I am not sure. Does it have cream cheese, mayo, colby-jack cheese, bacon and ritz crackers? I have made one with swiss cheese before that I got from a friend.

Thanks!

Also,what recipes do you all attach to which spice? I have been trying to think of a different little door prize or hostess gift b/c I really do not like the new SB, which I usually give my hostess. I would love it if you could post them.

The easiest recipe I found is 1 cup mayo, 1 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp spice (dill seasoning or southwestern).

Jeanie

Italian SeasoningI have an extra bottle of the Italian Seasoning. Is there something simple to do with it? I have made the North Stars I found off here with it and they were great but it has to be cooked. And I would like a dip that does not have to be cooked to attach to it. With a hold extra bottle I could give this as a treat for all my guest and not just a few of them who win prizes.

Love This!!
PampChefJoy said:
I'm just playing around with this, and I didn't know what forum to put it in...

Since the samples are being discontinued on the supply order, I put this together. What you can do is purchase 3x3 ziploc baggies (I get them on Ebay) and put in a single serving of seasoning mix (enough for one batch of dip).

Cut out along the outside lines (they're very faint so they won't show as much when printed). Fold and score on the inside lines. In case they don't show up well, the strip is 3.5 inches wide, and you would score at 1.25 inches, 3.75 inches, 4 inches, and 7.5 inches.

You'd have to print this twice, once on each side of the paper (and hope they line up right!).

Right under where it says "Your Pampered Chef Consultant", there is a text field where you can click and enter your own information. It will seem weird because it will populate in upside down... but it will appear right when you print and cut.

So... does this make sense? and is there any interest in me making some more for the other seasonings?

Just wanted to tell you - I LOVE THIS!! I just finished making up some Dill Sample Packets. Did you make one for the Southwest Seasoning as well? Would love to do that one, too!! :D

bumping this up.....Joy.....??? are you out there? :D

where is the cheesy bacon dip from?

Cheesy Bacon DipHere is the recipe. I got it from someone's website that was on here - cannot take credit for it.

It does taste wonderful!!! I usually double it when I make it.

Attachments

• Cheesy Bacon dip.doc
    24 KB · Views: 286
SusanBP0129 said:
Just wanted to tell you - I LOVE THIS!! I just finished making up some Dill Sample Packets. Did you make one for the Southwest Seasoning as well? Would love to do that one, too!! :D

I love it, too!!!! Such a great idea, and well designed. Thank you!!!:)

The Consultant who recruited me gave me this idea. Buy 8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock and slice it down the center (= 2 - 4 1/4" x 11). Fold in half. Use a Die Punch (Marvy Craft Punch) from Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics, to create a see through opening for a 3x4" ziploc bag to show through. I like the Heart.
NOTE: These punches only allow you to punch from the raw edge of your paper and set in just 1/2" from the edge.

I attach my business card on the front and staple through the top edge of the
ziploc packet. I use 2 tsp. of whatever seasoning I want to give. That has been more than enough to make up the Dill Dip with 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayo. I give a suggested use for whatever seasoning it contains (on a label on the back of the fold. I also stamp my name and website on the back - giving the Spice # to reorder. Most times, I can get 10 packets from one of the larger bottles of seasonings. I either give one to each guest, at the party or attach one to all outside orders.

Today, I decided to be more generous, and used a Twix -It to close each of the bagged orders. Kind of a nice Holiday touch. I enclosed the Holiday Catalog, and thank you letter telling the benefits the Hostess of the party received. My hope is that when they see her actual savings, they will give a second thought to having their own party.

The graphics on Post #1, would give the impression that Pampered Chef was the source of the Spice Sample. I would be concerned about the use of the PC Logo without having HO permission. They are so strict about anyone copying the Logo. Does anyone else share my concern?

bumping this up.... Southwest Seasoning anyone??

1. What ingredients are included in the seasoning samples?

The seasoning samples include a variety of herbs, spices, and other flavorings such as garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and dried herbs like oregano or thyme.

2. How many seasoning samples are included in a set?

Each set includes five seasoning samples, each with a different flavor profile to suit a variety of dishes.

3. Are the seasoning samples pre-mixed or do I need to mix them myself?

The seasoning samples are pre-measured and pre-mixed, so all you need to do is add them to your dish for a delicious flavor boost.

4. Can I use these seasoning samples for any type of dish?

Yes, the seasoning samples are versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes such as meats, vegetables, soups, and more. They are great for adding flavor to both savory and sweet dishes.

5. Are the seasoning samples all-natural and free of preservatives?

Yes, all of our seasoning samples are made with natural ingredients and are free of preservatives, additives, and artificial flavors. We believe in providing high-quality, clean ingredients for our customers to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • chefann