• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!

I'm currently in the process of trying to get an order together and get a few people to send me product for free in order to build my inventory. I don't think hosting is a great option for me at this time. I would need at least 8 weeks notice and it's not something I could do every month. I think you should try and get a guest host. That way you could have a steady stream of shows and not have to worry about finding a guest. Good luck! Bobby
ZippyKitty
I had a show on Sunday. I got a booking for June, one for later in the year (a fundraiser) and one guest who wasn't interested in hosting now but might be interested at a later date.

Meanwhile I have a show on Sunday coming that I think will fall through and one at the end of the month. This is fine with me as far as it goes since I have plans for the two other weekends and I don't do evening shows if I can help it since I'm pregnant and very tired.

But I have nothing from the end of March until the middle-end of June!!!! If no one books at the party at the end of the month I'm meat. I've only been at this a month so calling past guests and hosts and asking them isn't an option. Although I just realized I didn't tell anyone about Help Whip Cancer month. (I'm new - I have baby brain).

Any suggestions? I'm trying for one a week. I know this is less than the two recommended - but I'm pretty run down.

ZK

What about holding your own open house?

Have you called guest from all of your shows that you have done so far to see how their products are doing? You could ask about a show then if you have not done that already.

Do you have an email database? You could send out an email of the dates you are trying to book with the special for that time.

Do you have friends or family that has not hosted for you yet?

You could take up an order of your own if you did not want to do an open house.

I know how you feel being tired and pregnant myself! How far along are you? I am due May 17th.

Recommend and what you can handle...Are very much two different things. I work full time. My goal is 3 shows a month. That's it. After all it is MY BUSINESS!

Now, about bookings. It sounds like you need to sit down and look very carefully at who you know. You said you are fairly new to this so I can not imagine that you have totally exhusted ALL your friends and family. It is possible for the family but friends? Make a physical list. Don't beat your brains about it. What I did was left a note pad on my kitchen table. Every time I went past and knew of someone, I wrote it down. Then I called later on. When you go to the doctors for exams, carry a catalog. Open it and look at it while in the waiting room. Take extras. Ask if you can leave few in the waiting room or ask the receptionist if she would like one. On the next visit, ask her if she had a chance to look at. Then ask if she would be interested in doing a show. Do the same at the hair dressers, the oil change place or where ever you do business. Try putting a sticker on the catalog, "I love doing bussiness with you! Would like to do business with me?" (I have not tried that but I am going to!)

Good luck!

Boy maybe I need to learn to spell!!! Recomended, Recommended or some such thing!

Last edited:
I just did my first show yesterday. I was the host and it went great. I made a list of all the different circles of people I know. My life long friends, family near and far, co- workers, my husbands co workers, my husbands friends, my husband's family, neighbors, the list goes on. Then looked at the list and picked one or two people from each circle the stood out, people who I thought would help me get started. And boy did it work... I had 15 show and 12 bookings!!!

Jenni said:
I just did my first show yesterday. I was the host and it went great. I made a list of all the different circles of people I know. My life long friends, family near and far, co- workers, my husbands co workers, my husbands friends, my husband's family, neighbors, the list goes on. Then looked at the list and picked one or two people from each circle the stood out, people who I thought would help me get started. And boy did it work... I had 15 show and 12 bookings!!!

Congratulations on your bookings and having good friends and relatives.
Bobby

Hi,
Actually I have exhausted my friends and family. I live halfway across the country from my family. And I'm rather shy and private so I have few (but close) friends. I had a party at the end of January - so I'm leery about having another one so close. I think in the future I'll do it when the catalogue changes (with the possible exception of this fall (baby is due August 26). In the meanwhile I do have a midwife appt today and a dentist appt tomorrow and I'm picking boy up at daycare today and Thursday there is a Parents Advisory meeting (mind you there are usually 3 parents there and two of them are me and DH!) So maybe I can work something there... maybe a fundraiser for the daycare - I'll ask Sally (director of daycare) on Thursday when I see her. I have a 2 year old - so I have a habit of quoting Disney/Pixar movies. I guess todays lesson is: just keep swimming, just keep swimming.ZK

There is also the old saying "sometimes you have to spend money to make money" when I first started my business I got my first 6 (yes, 4 years ago we had to have 6 shows our first month) easily. I thought this is going to be great, but no one booked!!! I had one show the following month , no shows the next and 1 show the third, I was so discouraged. This was August and the September special was for stoneware, so I called each guest from my previous shows and offered them a free bar pan when they had their show. That got me several bookings and started the ball rolling. Life is still not always easy, but I get more bookings all the time. I usually kick start each new season with a give-away to keep the momentum (sp) up. This Feb. I took an Easter Basket full of plastic eggs with new products in each egg, if they are interested in hosting they took an egg and when they have their show I buy what's in the egg. People love FREE, so use it to your advantage. I know this is hard to do when you aren't really making that much money yet, but it is a good was to bounce back. When your host has their show, you purchase the item at their discount, then you also subtract your commision and you really don't end up paying that much. I hope this helps.

Heh!
I just got a text message from DH. "Do you have a recipe for the daycare cookbook?" What cookbook? Of course I have a recipe - I love too cook! So I asked him to ask if they wanted to launch the cookbook with a fundraising cooking show! Now I have to scare up a recipe.ZK

Now DH is trying to talk me out of it! He doesn't mind me selling to other parents but doesn't like making money off the kids. I'll talk to the daycare and see what they think. They do book sales.ZK

ZippyKitty said:
Now DH is trying to talk me out of it! He doesn't mind me selling to other parents but doesn't like making money off the kids.

I'll talk to the daycare and see what they think. They do book sales.

ZK
If he's really bothered, offer to donate part of your commission. Just make sure you at least cover your expenses. You would still get exposure, and any bookings from the fundraiser!:thumbup:

Thanks Becky - that is a good idea. Right now I'm more worried about going inactive between March and June than the money. (I'm working right now - this was to be a post baby job that I am testing out) So I want to keep the business going until after baby comes - but the money doesn't matter (as much) until after that. Since we may be moving in the fall anyways... So that would solve my problem and possibly his. Of course - I'd like money too :)
ZK

ZippyKitty said:
Thanks Becky - that is a good idea. Right now I'm more worried about going inactive between March and June than the money. (I'm working right now - this was to be a post baby job that I am testing out) So I want to keep the business going until after baby comes - but the money doesn't matter (as much) until after that.

Since we may be moving in the fall anyways...

So that would solve my problem and possibly his.

Of course - I'd like money too :)
ZK

I participated in a fundraiser this past Fall, with a big whopping $250 in sales (it was a Vendor Fair Fundraiser), and I donated part of my commission - which amounted to donating about $20! HOWEVER - I had 4 bookings that day - so also an extra $12 for the org. through that, and those bookings have been incredible for me! It turned into a Win/Win for everyone!

I had no shows from Oct. - Jan. I got back into action by hosting my own show, I invited friends, family (only becuase if I didn't invite them they would have been upset, they all had been to shows of mine last year), and but mainly I did the show anyone who loved PC but didn't want to host their own show. (you know those people that tell you Hosting is not for me or I am not a party person!) I ended up with 6 bookings from my show!!!! I plan to do at least 1-2 of these shows per year so that those who don't care to host can come to a show!! :chef:

just keep swimming, just keep swimming
Too cute, I thought I was the only one who did that....

My mother is a mediator. So I grew up in a household where compromise meant that everyone wins! In other words, solutions where everyone's needs are meant are the best. This is why I'm a little puzzled over my husband's reluctance. I win because I get a show I desperately need. They win because they get the money for program materials (my son can go through a LOT of paint! and he eats more than most other kids - 3 to 4 servings at lunch). And they do book sales (scholastic) - so it isn't like they don't use commercial fundraising tools. We shall see. ZK

Heather,
I intend to do such a thing post baby. And maybe each 6 months when the catalogue comes out. "Hey come see the new goodies! Just in time for Christmas / Summer!" So out of curiosity (I know I can look this up) does anyone know what price does one pay for going inactive?ZK

Related to L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!

What is "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!"?

"L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" is a personal account written by a Pampered Chef consultant about her experience juggling her business and pregnancy.

How does "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" relate to Pampered Chef?

"L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" is a story about a Pampered Chef consultant, so it is directly related to the company and its products and business model.

What can I learn from "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!"?

Reading "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" can provide insights and tips for balancing a business and pregnancy, as well as understanding the challenges and rewards of being a Pampered Chef consultant.

Is "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" only for pregnant Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" can be enjoyed and learned from by anyone interested in the Pampered Chef business or interested in the topic of juggling work and pregnancy.

Where can I find "L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!"?

"L's Story: Juggling Bookings & Being Pregnant!" can be found on the Pampered Chef website, as well as on various online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Sheila