1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Low sugar desserts recipe

Tags:
  1. I need a recipe for something that i can make at a desserts show that has low sugar or no sugar. preferably something that still taste good. I am doing a show for my cousin this weekend and she emailed to tell me that our grandmother is coming and she is on a low sugar diet.
    help please !!
    thanks

Aug 22, 2005
  2. Debunny

Debunny Member

Have you thought of just substituting the sugar in any recipe with Splenda? It tastes really good and you can bake with it too. I lowcarb and only use Splenda and can not tell the difference. You use the same amount that is called for with sugar. HTH :)

Debbie

Aug 24, 2005
  3. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte

I did the ice cream sandwich torte at a diabetic host's show. I just substituted sugar free ice cream sandwiches, sugar free pudding, and I whipped heavy cream with Splenda (I just added to taste) instead of the whipped cream. We didn't tell the customers it was low-sugar until the end, and no one could tell the difference.

Good luck!
    Diane

Aug 25, 2005
  4. pamperdawn

pamperdawn Member

Good idea Diane. Thanks!

Aug 25, 2005
  5. thanks

i really like the substitution angle, my recrutier suggested i do the berries'n cream wanton cups and sub the sugar w/spenda and sugar free yougart and cool whip. sounds pretty easy and quick. Can i buy sugar free yougart???
    thank you for your replies and good ideas

Aug 25, 2005
Have something to add?