• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Love/Hate Relationship With the Outlet Vent

In summary, the author hates it when the items are so cheap that the shipping costs more than the item. She advises people to order through her outlet newsletter, which she sends out every month. She also includes a disclaimer that the items may change and that it is best to order now.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
So I love the outlet for the random out of nowhere sales that come my way when I send out a newsletter mentioning them. But I hate when the items are so cheap that the shipping costs more than the item. I sent out my outlet newsletter two days ago and have received 5 emails from people who want to order a certain item and wanted to know if they added the order to a show if the shipping would be cheaper. I know that outlet items cannot be added to a show. I know if people really need the items they will still order them. It's just frustrating b/c I can't take the shipping away for these people. I mean what do they expect I'm making less in commission on their order than the shipping is. Why would I pay you to order something? Sorry to ramble I guess this pregnancy is finally catching up to me lol. (due on 10/15 :)

I think people are so used to consultants who'll give them things to get their business, they will try for anything. You wouldn't see them calling BestBuy.com or Amazon.com and asking for them to not charge them shipping rates.People just want a bargain anyway they can. If they aren't ordering much, the direct shipping rates aren't that much higher than a show. A show is $4.25 for shipping, the first-tier Direct Rates are only $6.25- I'm assuming it's the same online. I bought $58 worth of stuff on the outlet and only paid $10 in shipping...so that's not bad! Don't worry about them. It's the cost of business. They'd pay for gas going to the store for a sale, or pay for shipping for the sale to come to them. :D

When I have multiple people who want stuff from the outlet, I'll just place the orders for them as one big order. Then when they split the shipping, it's not so bad. The products aren't guaranteed or anything, so they aren't missing out on that and are usually grateful to save a bit on shipping.

I combine orders and well and don't be afraid to say that they must pick items up so you don't have to deliver them. I usually have enough for 11% s/h so that's what I charge. My customers LOVE that. Not only for the savings of money, but time/effort. It's super easy for me (as long as I keep track of who gets what and how much they owe :).

For me, the outlet is just another way to encourage people to check out my site. I send one outlet email a month, and encourage customers to check it out regularly for updates. My goal is that they'll find something on the outlet, and then add something current to their order as well. The outlet has great deals, yes, but I don't want that to be the only orders I get.

I find that people who are bothered most by the shipping charges are ones who rarely order anything through catalogs or online stores. If they regularly order things, the know our shipping is very reasonable.

I always say something in my outlet emails that shipping varies so much thru the outlet, so to order thru me. And then I gather the orders, turn it in, and devide the shipping by the number of orders, have them shipped to me. This gives me an additional meeting with the person to give them the months specials and such. It works for me.

raebates said:
I find that people who are bothered most by the shipping charges are ones who rarely order anything through catalogs or online stores. If they regularly order things, the know our shipping is very reasonable.

I agree. If you order (even at a show) with PL its 10% and it goes to the host. I know we're talking online orders, but jst to agree with Rae.

I usually include this disclaimer on my outlet emails to my customers

"Hurry, the outlet can change just as fast as refreshing your screen. If you see and you want it, you better get it now."

1. Why do some people have a love/hate relationship with the outlet vent on their Pampered Chef products?

The outlet vent on Pampered Chef products is designed to release steam and prevent food from becoming soggy. However, some people may find it to be too small or difficult to clean, leading to a love/hate relationship.

2. Can the outlet vent be removed or altered?

No, the outlet vent is an essential part of the design of our products and should not be altered or removed. Doing so can compromise the performance and safety of the product.

3. How can I clean the outlet vent?

To clean the outlet vent, simply use a small brush or toothpick to remove any food particles or buildup. You can also soak the product in warm soapy water and use a soft brush to clean the vent.

4. Is it normal for the outlet vent to become discolored?

Yes, it is normal for the outlet vent to become discolored over time due to exposure to heat and cooking oils. This does not affect the performance of the product.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef product without the outlet vent?

No, the outlet vent is necessary for proper cooking and to prevent food from becoming soggy. Using the product without the outlet vent may result in uneven cooking and may also be a safety hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • janetupnorth