• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Patches From Around the World

In summary, three families lost everything in a fire at Langley Air Force base in Hampton, VA. One man's son never knew that his father had to go fight in a war, so he always told his kids that daddy had to go make a quilt. He collected patches from all around the world, all branches of the service, many different nations, and from lots of different police forces, and made a quilt. The quilt was lost in the fire. Several of his buddies are attempting to recreate the quilt for him, and are looking for patches from lots of different places. If anyone has any patches from the military or police, they are welcome to donate them to the families.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
Hey everyone! My sister works on Langley Air Force base in Hampton, VA and 3 of their families lost everything this past weekend in a fire. One of the men never wanted to tell his kids when he got deployed that "daddy has to go fight in a war" so he always told them "daddy has to go make a quilt". He collected patches from all around the world, all branches of the service, many different nations and from lots from the police and made a quilt. He lost the quilt in the fire. Several of his buddies are attempting to remake a quilt for him and are looking for patches from lots of different places. If anyone who is in the military or has family in the military or is in law enforcement has any patches that they would be willing to donate they would be greatly appreciated! If you have any, let me know and I'll send you the address to send them to. Thanks in advance!

Awe, I love the sentiment behind the idea, but I have to forewarn you that half the fun of the collection is the story behind the various places that he visited and the people he met to get the patches. So although I'm sure he'll love the thought that went into collecting & making the quilt, it will never truly replace the one he lost. :(But I'll see what I can collect from here on the military base in Japan & from my Police friends in Texas. ;)

Hey Sheila! Thanks so much! They know that this won't replace the one he lost, but are hoping that it will at least be something to help him and his children remember the one he had made. Thanks again for any that you can find! I really appreciate it!

:)
Jennifer

Sheila said:
Awe, I love the sentiment behind the idea, but I have to forewarn you that half the fun of the collection is the story behind the various places that he visited and the people he met to get the patches. So although I'm sure he'll love the thought that went into collecting & making the quilt, it will never truly replace the one he lost. :(

But I'll see what I can collect from here on the military base in Japan & from my Police friends in Texas. ;)

I agree with you Sheila..BUT..think of the story that will go with this one.

chefheidi2003 said:
I agree with you Sheila..BUT..think of the story that will go with this one.

I forgot to say I will see what I can do with patches..I am a 911 dispatcher..so I will talk to some of the officers and such

Thanks Heidi! These families are so appreciative of anything right now. My sister helped get one of the families (the one who had the quilt) into a new house and he mentioned to her that they didn't have a door mat, and he felt like a welcome mat made it a home. So she went out and got them one and they cried when she gave it to them (makes me get all teary). The community is really coming together to help. I really appreciate any patches you guys can find! Have a great day!

1. What is "Looking for Patches From Around the World"?

"Looking for Patches From Around the World" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where customers can collect unique patches from different countries and regions around the world.

2. How do I participate in "Looking for Patches From Around the World"?

To participate, simply make a purchase on our website or at a Pampered Chef party. Each order will come with a unique patch from a specific country or region. Collect as many patches as you'd like!

3. Are there any additional fees to participate in "Looking for Patches From Around the World"?

No, there are no additional fees to participate. The patches are included with your purchase and there is no limit to the number of patches you can collect.

4. Can I choose which patches I receive?

The patches are randomly selected and cannot be chosen. This adds to the excitement and surprise of collecting patches from different parts of the world.

5. How long will "Looking for Patches From Around the World" be available?

This program is ongoing, so you can continue to collect patches from around the world as long as you make purchases with Pampered Chef. However, the selection of patches may vary and some may be limited edition, so be sure to collect them while you can!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies
Views
kcjodih