• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Meat-Free Pasta Recipes for a Kosher Hostess?

In summary, the hostess is looking for pasta recipes that do not have meat, but are still filling. She has picked out the Strawberry Trifle as the dessert. The only suggestion she has is the BLT Macaroni and Cheese in the 29 minutes or less to dinner cookbook.
I have a hostess who is jewish (I am not jewish) and some of the women that are coming to the show don't mix dairy and meat. The hostess wants to do pasta and dessert. She has picked out the Strawberry Trifle as the dessert. I made the Creamy One Pot Pasta at the show where this hostesses booked her show. I need suggestions for pasta recipes without meat, but that are filling.

PCJenni said:
I have a hostess who is jewish (I am not jewish) and some of the women that are coming to the show don't mix dairy and meat. The hostess wants to do pasta and dessert. She has picked out the Strawberry Trifle as the dessert. I made the Creamy One Pot Pasta at the show where this hostesses booked her show. I need suggestions for pasta recipes without meat, but that are filling.

The only thing I can think of is the BLT Macaroni and Cheese in the 29 minutes or less to dinner cookbook. You wouldn't have to add the bacon- but it does help.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Did you check out Consultants Corner? I work for a company owned by two Jewish guys... one of them told me he'll eat anything- even pig! :) I got a laugh out of that- the other's won't touch anything unless it's kosher. I'm brining in cupcakes on Monday for my office buddie's birthday and they asked if they'd be kosher, and I said No- they'd be Pillsbury Doughboy! :) LOL

And another one that would be good is the Summer Tortellini Salad from ALL THE BEST cookbook... however since your mood indicator says you are drunk, you might not get this until you wake up in the morning! LOL

I am thinking the one pot creampy pasta because there is no meat mixing with the dairy...and the trifle is safe.

dannyzmom said:
I am thinking the one pot creampy pasta because there is no meat mixing with the dairy...and the trifle is safe.

Yeah, but remember she said she made that for the party that her upcoming host was just at- so she wants something different. ;)

I have a pasta recipe I posted on here...would go well with the Greek Cheese Torta - it's not PC but you can still use it and demo PC stuff...Let me go find it...

he he he Kacey... I just had to use the drunk mood indicator!!! TOO funny... to me at least! Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will send a bunch to her and let her choose... and explain that I am not familiar with jewish food restrictions, so please excuse my ignorance.

PCJenni said:
he he he Kacey... I just had to use the drunk mood indicator!!! TOO funny... to me at least! Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will send a bunch to her and let her choose... and explain that I am not familiar with jewish food restrictions, so please excuse my ignorance.

TRUE STORY:

While DH and I were still stationed in Maryland, we got orders to move back to MN where we are both from. The company I worked for did transfer me to a job (a promotion, even) back here in MN, but I declined due to good reasons and took a job managing a small Talbots in a very snooty neighborhood. My first day there I asked the gals where I should grab lunch. They all chimed in that I should go to Cecil's deli across the street. I'm like-cool... I could use a hot ham and cheese sandwich.

So I walk in, and there are quite a few seasoned citizens standing at the counter waiting for their bread orders... I get asked what I would like and I say "I'd LOVE a hot HAM and cheese sandwich".

Three of those older women almost fainted and I'm sure I heard plated breaking in the back... The person behind the counter said, "I'm sorry, we don't have ham". To which I replied; "How can a deli NOT have ham?"

Then he smiled and said, "Because we're a Jewish Deli"

It took a while for the light bulb to actually go on, but when it did, I just sunk down a little and said Turkey on wheat would be just fine, thank you!

Needless to say, they knew me by name after that! :)

At least the workers were cool about it. I got daggers thrown at me from they eyes of those older women... how dare I mention pig products inside that deli. ;)

dannyzmom said:

Also with that dish she would use Chicken Broth, so I dont know how she could handle that....

too funny Kasey!!! I sent the hostess an email with a few options. She is a "friend" and I was frank with her about my ignorance and asked her not to be offended by the recipes. I am sure it will work out fine!

Creamy one pot pasta can be made with vegetable broth and it's still good. That would remove the meat element from it. I made it that way at a show with a vegetarian in attendance.

If you do the creamy one pot pasta instead of chicken broth you could do a vegetable broth.

Hey! We were typing at the same time. :)

I also noticed that. I posted then saw your post right above mine.

kacey, your story is hysterical! until i moved here to the midwest, "deli" to me was jewish - no ham, big, crispy garlic dill pickles with everything, and never, ever, mayo or white bread with corned beef ;-)

now i live in an area that hardly has hanukah candles for sale, let alone bagels and lox and corned beef. <sigh>

What about the Mandarin Pasta Salad or the Lemon Chicken Stir Fry?

1. How can I make my pasta dishes more flavorful?

One way to add more flavor to your pasta dishes is to use a variety of herbs and spices. You can also try adding some garlic, onions, or other aromatics to your sauce. Another option is to use a flavored oil or vinegar, such as garlic-infused olive oil or balsamic vinegar.

2. What type of pasta is best for certain types of sauces?

The general rule is to pair thicker and heavier sauces, such as meat sauces, with thicker pasta shapes like fettuccine or penne. Lighter sauces, such as olive oil-based or cream-based sauces, are better suited for thinner pasta shapes like spaghetti or angel hair.

3. How do I prevent my pasta from sticking together?

Make sure to use a large pot with plenty of water when cooking pasta. Stir the pasta frequently while it is cooking to prevent it from sticking. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and immediately toss it with a little bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking together.

4. Can I use gluten-free pasta in my recipes?

Yes, you can substitute regular pasta with gluten-free pasta in most recipes. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that gluten-free pasta may have a slightly different texture and taste than regular pasta.

5. How do I know when my pasta is cooked to perfection?

The best way to determine if your pasta is cooked is to taste it. It should be al dente, which means it should still have a slight bite to it and not be too soft. You can also check the packaging for recommended cooking times and test the pasta a few minutes before the suggested time to see if it is done to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rachel_pampered_chef
  • doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies