• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Appreciation Event: Pizza, Pasta, & Desserts

In summary, the Chicken Satay Pasta, the Spinach Carbonara Pizza, the Tiramisu Trifle, and the Rum Cake recipe were all favorites at the mini-host appreciation event. The Pizza was warm or cold and everyone couldn't get enough of it. The Pasta went over well with those who like 'different' foods. The desserts were equally delicious, with the Rum Cake being the favorite. The feedback was that the product that was most appreciated was the wine glasses. The items that were mentioned as being practical but not available were the wine bottle stopper and the rotary grater. The items that were mentioned as being planned to make at the upcoming open house party were the Greek Torta, the bread bowl dip
legacypc46
Gold Member
I did a mini-host appreciation event today (kind of like an open house). I made the Chicken Satay Pasta, the Spinach Carbonara Pizza, the Tiramisu Trifle, and the Rum Cake recipe that comes with the Silicone Crown Cake Mold (please excuse if I am misspelling or mis-naming things...not willing to look them up).

The overwhelming favorite was the pizza...warm or cold, they couldn't get enough of it. The pasta went over well with those who like 'different' foods. I served it cold. Of the two desserts, the rum cake was the favorite (but most felt they were equally delicious). I was a little heavy handed with the coffee liquor, but no one complained. :)

Favorite products were the dots stemware, the wine bottle stopper, the rotary grater, the grinders, and knife block.

(Just sharing the feedback)

Thanks for the feedback! I wish there was a practical way to bring one of the wine glasses to shows!

Thanks for sharing. I am thinking of having an anniversary/host appreciation/open house party in October, and could not decise what to make. Thanks for narrowing my choices. I do want to add the Greek Torta, and the bread bowl dip.
Now to get my house cleaned......

GourmetGirl said:
Thanks for the feedback! I wish there was a practical way to bring one of the wine glasses to shows!

I know the wine glasses are going nowhere!! I am way too clutzy!

I was a little surprised at how they were packed.

Thanks for the info!! I think I will have to have the pizza at my open house on Thursday since it was such a hit!!
I am also going to do the Tirimasu trifle and the Chocolate peanut butter cake thing and the mini cheesburgers. I want to do the taffy apple tartlets, but not sure about how many to make.
Again, thanks for posting this!!!

Both the pizza and the mini cheeseburgers call for the bar pan. I haven't made the burgers, but based on other postings, I think you'll get better results with the pizza.

Also, I was going to do the PB Torte thingy, but changed my mind when I realized it's supposed to be served warm. Too much oven action going on to coordinate my recipes. I also didn't want both my desserts to be chocolate-y.

Not trying to discourage your plan Chris; just don't want you to run into timing challenges. (I was also going to do the Artichoke Bread Bowl, but thought better of it as my morning progressed....or regressed, if you ask my husband :rolleyes:)

The peanut butter torte is delicious even when it's cold. Very rich, too.

The pizza is my recipe of the month for Aug. I make one recipe all month long and this month is the Spinach Carbonara pizza. So far everyone LOVES it!

I have my show on Weds and I'm making the mini cheeseburgers or the bread bowl (haven't decided yet), satay pasta salad, and the brownie cookie thingies. I've made the pasta salad already and it is TASTY!

GourmetGirl said:

Thanks for the feedback Kris!

I will wrap one wine glass in bubble wrap and take it to shows. They only need to see one to want them. It will either be displayed or it will be the host's glass for the evening - depends on the show...

We had the PB Torte and the Artichoke Dip last night at our Cluster Meeting. I loved the Dip, but not so much on the torte. I thought the torte was dry and very rich. The lady that brought it had made it in the morning so it was about 8-9 hours old by the time we ate it - it might have been better if it was still warm and gooey.

pamperedlinda said:
We had the PB Torte and the Artichoke Dip last night at our Cluster Meeting. I loved the Dip, but not so much on the torte. I thought the torte was dry and very rich. The lady that brought it had made it in the morning so it was about 8-9 hours old by the time we ate it - it might have been better if it was still warm and gooey.

We had some of everything last night at our meeting. I did not like the PB torte as much as I thought I would. It was cut into over 20 pieces, and it was still so rich, I couldn't finish my piece. I just kept wishing for a cup of coffee to go with it!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks for the feedback Kris!

I will wrap one wine glass in bubble wrap and take it to shows. They only need to see one to want them. It will either be displayed or it will be the host's glass for the evening - depends on the show...

Love that idea Beth!!

Director made artichoke dip last night--others said it was good--I don't care for artichokes.
Then we divided into two teams and made spinach carbonera pizza and mini cheeseburgers. Our group liked both.
We thought maybe the spinach could have been chopped in the bowl--or better using frozen chopped spinach for more coverage on the pizza. Plus several thought chopped grilled chicken or chopped tomatoes would have been good additions to the pizza.

1. What is a Host Appreciation Event?

A Host Appreciation Event is a special gathering where a Pampered Chef consultant prepares and serves a variety of delicious foods for the host and their guests. It is a way for us to thank and show appreciation to our hosts for hosting a successful party.

2. What types of foods are typically served at a Pizza, Pasta, & Desserts Host Appreciation Event?

As the name suggests, the main dishes served at this event are usually pizza, pasta, and desserts. However, there may also be a variety of other appetizers, sides, and drinks available depending on the specific menu chosen by the consultant.

3. Who pays for the food at the Host Appreciation Event?

The food and supplies for the Host Appreciation Event are typically covered by the consultant as a way to thank the host for their party. However, if the host wishes to contribute or bring something to the event, they are welcome to do so.

4. Can guests attend the Host Appreciation Event?

Typically, only the host and their immediate family members are invited to the Host Appreciation Event. However, if the host would like to invite a few close friends or family members, they can discuss this with the consultant beforehand.

5. How long does a Host Appreciation Event usually last?

The duration of a Host Appreciation Event can vary depending on the menu and number of guests. On average, these events usually last around 2-3 hours, but the consultant will work with the host to determine the best timing for their specific event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76