• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Lemon-Blueberry Trifle

In summary, the Lemon Blueberry Trifle recipe calls for a frozen prepared pound cake, lemons, milk, sour cream, whipped topping, lemon instant pudding and pie filling, fresh blueberries, and white chocolate for baking. The cake is cut into cubes and soaked in lemon juice, then layered with blueberries and a mixture of milk, sour cream, whipped topping, and lemon zest. It is topped with whipped cream and garnished with lemon zest. To show more product in trifle recipes, you can add layers of different fruits or toppings.
mrssyvo
Does anyone have the recipe for Lemon Blueberry Trifle? A host requested it, and I thought I had it, but I do not. Also, trifle recipes do not really show a lot of products- any ideas how to show more product?

Lemon Blueberry Trifle (All the Best, page 91)

1 frozen prepared pound cake (16 ounces)
2 lemons
1 1/2 cups milk
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) lemon instant pudding and pie filling
1 pint fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
1 square (1 ounce) white chocolate for baking
1. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; place in large colander bowl. Using a lemon Zester, make several lengthwise scores in one lemon, top to bottom; slice into 6 slices. Cut each slice in half and set aside for garnish. Zest remaining lemon using short strokes; set aside. Juice lemon. Sprinkle lemon juice over pound cake; toss .
2. In a bowl, combine milk, sour cream, half of the whipped topping and reserved lemon zest; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
3. Set aside 12 blueberries for garnish. To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of chilled bowl. Top with 1/3 of the blueberries. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over blueberries. Top with of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining pudding over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface.
4. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Decorate by piping 12 rosettes around edge of bowl. Place one lemon slice between rosettes and one reserved blueberry on each rosette. Grate remaining chocolate in center.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 1 g

Hi there! I actually have a great recipe for Lemon Blueberry Trifle that I can share with you. Here it is:Ingredients:
- 1 lemon pound cake, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon zest for garnish (optional)Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, prepare the lemon pudding mix according to package instructions using 1 cup of milk. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the prepared lemon pudding.
4. In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer half of the lemon pound cake cubes on the bottom.
5. Top with half of the lemon pudding mixture.
6. Sprinkle half of the blueberries on top.
7. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of blueberries on top.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
9. Before serving, garnish with lemon zest if desired.
10. Enjoy your delicious Lemon Blueberry Trifle!As for showing more product in trifle recipes, you can try adding layers of different types of fruits or adding a layer of whipped cream or custard in between the cake and fruit layers. You can also top the trifle with additional fruit, nuts, or chocolate shavings. Get creative and have fun with it! Hope this helps.

Related to Looking for Lemon-Blueberry Trifle

1) How do I make the lemon-blueberry trifle?

To make the lemon-blueberry trifle, you will need 1 lemon cake mix, 1 package of lemon instant pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 container of frozen whipped topping, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Prepare the lemon cake mix according to package instructions and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Let cool completely. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon pudding mix with milk and let set for 5 minutes. Cut the cooled lemon cake into cubes and place half of them in the bottom of a trifle dish. Drizzle with half of the lemon juice. Add half of the pudding mixture on top, followed by half of the blueberries. Repeat the layers. Finish by spreading the whipped topping on top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

2) Can I use a different type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for the trifle if you prefer. However, the lemon cake pairs well with the lemon and blueberry flavors in this recipe. You could also try using a vanilla or pound cake for a more neutral base.

3) How long will the trifle last in the fridge?

The trifle can last in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, but it is best to consume it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness. Be sure to cover the trifle with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before storing it in the fridge.

4) Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen blueberries instead of fresh in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them and pat them dry before adding them to the trifle. You may also want to add a little extra lemon juice to balance out the extra moisture from the frozen berries.

5) Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. In fact, it is best to make it at least 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to fully develop. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate it until ready to serve. You may also want to add the whipped topping right before serving to keep it from getting too soft or runny.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies