• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I keep my trifle cold during a summer picnic?

In summary, the conversation discusses various ways to keep a trifle cold during a party or event. One option is to use a trifle bowl with a built-in ice chamber, while another is to create a makeshift ice bath using a regular glass bowl. It is also suggested to use frozen fruit in the trifle to both keep it cold and add flavor. It is recommended to replenish the ice every 1-2 hours and using a trifle bowl with a lid can also help keep it cold.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
We had a church picnic this past Sunday, and I decided to try a trifle (along with the deviled eggs in the Chillzanne Rectangular Server - of which I didn't even get any, because they went so fast!!). I made up a recipe, because I made my decision at 10:30 the night before as I was standing in Walmart, and didn't have any recipes memorized!!

I bought frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries, because the fresh berries were not in very good condition, and put them in the fridge when I came home from shopping. When I was ready to assemble the trifle, they were still slightly frozen, but the juice had liquified. I also kept the Cool Whip frozen.

The weather that day was in the 90's, and it gets HUMID in VA. Well, that trifle was pretty popular, because it was so cold! Using the frozen fruit, and keeping the Cool Whip frozen, was a huge help.

Sarah

That is a great idea. I used the trifle bowl for potato salad last week. I put the bowl in the freezer first to get it cold then filled it w/the potato salad. I then put it inside the large SA bowl which I also froze first. I then filled the bowl w/ice around the trifle bowl. It looked really nice and kept the potato salad safe. I did have to change the ice a few times because it was a graduation party which lasted about 6 hours.

I've also transported my trifle bowl in the TTA bag and put small ice packs around it.

1. How can I keep my trifle cold during a party or event?

One way to keep your trifle cold is to use a trifle bowl with a built-in ice chamber. Simply fill the chamber with ice and place the trifle on top. This will help keep the layers of your trifle chilled for several hours.

2. What if I don't have a trifle bowl with an ice chamber?

If you don't have a trifle bowl with an ice chamber, you can use a regular glass bowl and create a makeshift ice bath. Place a smaller bowl or container inside the larger one and fill the space between with ice. Then place your trifle inside the smaller bowl to keep it cold.

3. Can I use frozen fruit in my trifle to help keep it cold?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in your trifle to help keep it cold. Not only will the frozen fruit help keep the trifle chilled, but as it thaws, it will add a nice burst of flavor to your dessert.

4. How often should I replenish the ice in my trifle bowl?

It is recommended to replenish the ice in your trifle bowl every 1-2 hours, especially if the room or outdoor temperature is warm. This will help ensure that your trifle stays chilled and safe to eat.

5. Can I use a trifle bowl with a lid to keep my trifle cold?

Yes, using a trifle bowl with a lid can help keep your trifle cold. Make sure to place the bowl in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving to allow the layers to set. Then, simply cover the bowl with the lid and keep it chilled until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • janezapchef