• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Foolproof Fudge Recipe? Share Your Favorites!

In summary, the conversation is about exchanging fudge recipes. One person shares a recipe using chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla, while another person suggests adding peanut butter. Another person shares a recipe using semisweet and butterscotch chips, and adding toppings such as pecans, dried cherries, and candy canes. Someone else shares a recipe using a can of chocolate frosting and melted chocolate chips. The conversation also mentions using a candy thermometer for the recipe on the back of the marshmallow fluff jar. Finally, someone shares a recipe for "Never Fail Fudge" using marshmallow fluff, sugar, butter, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
dessertMama
I've tried a couple of fudge recipes that i got online and both of them I failed. I followed the instructions and both of them came out too gooey. Anyone have any fudge recipes (milk chocolate, white chocolate or peanut butter fudge) that you like to share...and hopefully I won't mess up.

Thank you.

This is so easy, and so good - and it always turns out. It's the only way I ever make fudge now.1 Bag of Chocolate chips (or white or peanut butter chips)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanillaMelt Chocolate chips and milk together over low heat, add vanilla & stir until combined. Pour into parchment paper lined 8x8 pan and refrigerate until firm.This is the easiest and best tasting fudge. WAY better than the recipe that uses canned frosting. That one just tastes like canned frosting to me.:yuck:I often make this chocolate-peanut butter fudge by melting about 1/2 cup of peanut butter with the chocolate chips and milk. That's my favorite.

I used this Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easiest-peanut-butter-fudge/Detail.aspx and changed it according to the suggestions in the reader reviews. I did not make chocolate this year, but I also do the same as Becky.

I tried the sweetened condensed milk recipe but don't like it nearly as much as the one on the back of the marshmallow fluff jar--just be sure to bring the temp up where it belongs and it will be a big hit!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is so easy, and so good - and it always turns out. It's the only way I ever make fudge now.

1 Bag of Chocolate chips (or white or peanut butter chips)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Melt Chocolate chips and milk together over low heat, add vanilla & stir until combined. Pour into parchment paper lined 8x8 pan and refrigerate until firm.

I often make this chocolate-peanut butter fudge by melting about 1/2 cup of peanut butter with the chocolate chips and milk. That's my favorite.

I make a variation on this: I use 12 oz semisweet chips and 9 oz butterscotch chips, melt them with the can of condensed milk, and then remove it from the heat before i stir in the vanilla. this year I stirred in pecans or dried cherries (two different batches), but I've done
  • raisens and peanuts
  • crushed candy canes
  • walnuts

I can't wait to try the peanut butter. Well, I guess I can wait until tomorrow, but not til new years!

This is my tried and true favorite (can add walnuts) Fantasy Fudge
Makes 3 pounds Ingredients
3 cups sugar
3/4ths of a cup Butter
2/3rds of a cup evaporated milk
12 oz chocolate chips
7 oz marshmallow cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Microwave butter in bowl on high 1 minute (or until melted). Add sugar and milk, mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes then stir. Microwave for 2 minutes then stir. Mircrowave for 3 minutes at half power then stir. Microwave for 2 and a half minutes at half power then stir. Stir in chocolate until melted. Add remaning ingredients and stir well. Pour in greased 13x9 pan. Cool at room tempature and cut into squares.

I wish I had sugar! I have at least 2 ingredients for each of the recipes above but I'm missing at least one on all. LOL I need to restock my pantry (and my sugar canister!)

Ok, I know this is cheating....but I swear this is best fudge! Never gooey, never gritty, just always smooth, creamy and perfect. melt a bag of chips (choc chips, white chips, etc)
add a can of choc frosting (not whipped)
pour into 9x9 pan. add nuts, etc.
I often add peanut butter too. :)That's it! Honestly, it's that simple!

That's not cheating! I've done that before too! Except when I wanted to make it the other day we thought we didn't have choc chips so we used our tub of frosting on cupcakes. And then I found the chips in the freezer. haha!

It's so funny, I make this every year and put it in gift baskets. It's such a huge hit and everyone thinks I have some major secret recipe! LOL! They all look forward to it so much I won't tell them how easy it is!

The fudge recipe on the back of the fluff jar IS amazing. You just need to make sure you get it to the right temp. Use a candy thermometer. Seriously. Best fudge (and easy too) ever!

deanna_g said:
The fudge recipe on the back of the fluff jar IS amazing. You just need to make sure you get it to the right temp. Use a candy thermometer. Seriously. Best fudge (and easy too) ever!

That's the one I use - the one on the back of the tall plastic white fluff container (not the glass jar one). Its called Never Fail Fudge. YUMMO

Thank you all for the suggestions. Many to choose from...and my husbands suggestion is "We'll try 'em all, it's not going to waste".

We gave fudge as part of our goodie boxes this year. It was a HUGE hit. I make the same recipe as Marghi (BlueMoon), but I add 1 T orange extract and a cup of dried cranberries. Yummy.

What ingredients do I need for a fudge recipe?

To make a basic fudge recipe, you will need sugar, butter, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.

Can I use a different type of milk in my fudge recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of milk in your fudge recipe, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different. For example, using heavy cream will result in a creamier and richer fudge.

How do I prevent my fudge from being too grainy?

To prevent grainy fudge, make sure to cook your sugar and milk mixture over low heat and constantly stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. This will help create a smooth and creamy texture.

Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to my fudge recipe?

Yes, you can customize your fudge recipe by adding nuts, dried fruits, or other mix-ins. Simply stir them in before pouring the fudge mixture into the pan to set.

How long does it take for fudge to set?

Fudge typically takes 2-3 hours to set at room temperature, but you can speed up the process by placing it in the fridge for 1 hour. If you want firmer fudge, leave it in the fridge for longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • scottcooks