• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Chocolate Trifle Recipe With No Nuts!

In summary, the caller's host is allergic to nuts and they were discussing recipes for a chocolate trifle. The caller suggests a layer of brownies, small box of chocolate pudding and small box of cheesecake pudding mixed with 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt and 2 cups milk, then a layer of cool whip.
CAPCnewbie
Just got off the phone with my host for Friday and she wants to do a chocolate trifle because her guests are chocoholics. I mentioned the chocolate peanut butter cup trifle because it was a hit at my last show but sadly, my host is allergic to nuts!!

any other chocolate faves???

PS, I'm not familiar with many recipes so if you have one to post it will be greatly appreciated.

This one is lick-the-bowl-clean good!

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle
1 pkg (18.25 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
4 t instant coffee
1/4 C warm water
1 3/4 C cold milk
2 pkgs (3.4 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 C thawed, frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each), coarsely chopped
Additional whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Bake as directed. Cool completely.

2. Dissolve coffee granules in water in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk and pudding mix; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk. Gently fold in whipped topping using Classic Scraper.

3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes using Serrated Bread Knife. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper. Layer 1/3 of the brownie cubes onto bottom of chilled Chillzanne® Bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture; press lightly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator.

Trifles are super easy; you don't need a formal recipe. Layer of cake (or brownies), layer of pudding (mix in fruit or other fun stuff if you like), layer of Cool Whip; repeat.With that in mind, I'd suggest a layer of brownies, small box of chocolate pudding and small box of cheesecake pudding mixed with 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt and 2 cups milk (I like to use the yogurt because it makes a thicker consistency, and firms up faster), then a layer of cool whip. If you like, add a can of cherry pie filling to the pudding mixture.

I do one that is brownie as the base, with chocolate pudding - two 4 serving packages - mixed with 3 cups of milk, and 8 oz of Cool Whip, and sliced strawberries mixed with 2 Tbls. of sugar, - layer the brownies, strawberries, and pudding, and decorate on top with more cool whip in the EAD, and chocolate shavings. I call it a chocolate covered strawberry trifle. :chef: VERY simple, and people always love it!

Black Forest Trifle - find it on Consultants Corner - Recipe - search. It's always a big hit whenever I make it.

There's the one w/ cherries. And there's one w/ bananas. One where you use oreos. Another one where you use toffee bits. All sorts of ones. That's the great thing w/ trifles. They can pretty much just be either chocolate cake or brownie, then add whatever flavor pudding (white chocolate or vanilla are good), and then whatever fruit or candy topping, and your layer of Cool Whip repeated. What I would do is go to the files section and type in "trifle bowl", there is a huge recipe file. You can sift through those to find actual "recipes" w/ measurements. :)

Oh my gosh -- Amanda -- I didn't recognize you -- nice picture!!​

LeslieSGI said:
Oh my gosh -- Amanda -- I didn't recognize you -- nice picture!!​
Aww, shucks--Thanks! :blushing: :) (I was getting tired of the Mickey Mouse ;) )

thankyou so much ladies. I think I may need to taste-test some as soon as my trifle bowl arrives!

There's also a Cappuccino Trifle on the Use & Care card that comes with the trifle bowl.
I love my trifle bowl... it's so easy to throw together an amazing dessert for a lot of people...

You can make the cake for your trifle in the DCB hours before the show. I do a molten lava chocolate cake...and show the yummy lava. We don't use all for the recipe, but it's all gone when I go to clean up:)

What is a chocolate trifle recipe with no nuts?

A chocolate trifle recipe with no nuts is a dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream, with no added nuts. It is a rich and decadent dessert that is perfect for any occasion.

Can I substitute the chocolate cake for another type of cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for your chocolate trifle recipe. Some popular options include vanilla, red velvet, or even brownies. Just make sure to cut the cake into small cubes for easy layering.

Can I use store-bought pudding for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pudding for convenience. However, if you prefer a homemade version, you can make your own chocolate pudding using cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and milk.

What can I use instead of whipped cream?

If you are looking for a non-dairy option, you can use coconut whipped cream or whipped coconut cream. You can also use a non-dairy whipped topping such as Cool Whip. For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt or whipped cottage cheese.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to let the trifle chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also make it the night before and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
caritok
  • Jennie50