1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Long distance host coaching

1. I have a host about an hour away, I am getting ready to send her a host packet I have never met her but she booked off of a party she didn't attend. Plus she is co-hosting with her friend. What should i stick in the packet and tell her. Thanks in advance

Mar 28, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I think one of the most important things with long-distance hosts, especially those I've never met, is to make sure they understand exactly what's expected of them and exactly what I'll be doing. Generally I phone them and talk about what I plan to do. Frequent contact is vital. I generally contact my hosts weekly leading up to the show.

Mar 29, 2009
  3. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Use the PC host coaching checklist and 3-call plan.

If you possibly can, delay discussing menu until the 3rd call...here's why: It keeps the host focused on guests and getting numbers to the show, as opposed to putting her in party mode. You can say, "we like to wait until we know exactly how many people are coming, and what the weather will be like that day" - so you're not serving salad and cool dessert in the rain, or soup and chocolate heavy dessert on a warm hot day.

I think these attachments are from HO.

Attached Files:

Mar 29, 2009
  4. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Like Rae said, I call my hosts once a week and that first intro call is good as well. The forms from HO that Scott posted are the ones that I use - the Host Coaching Checklist - is fabulous.

Mar 29, 2009
Have something to add?