1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Loaf Pan

1. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Hi all,
    I did a booth today and had some issues, but hopefully I can get on phone and get some bookings. No one wanted to set up right there, they were at farmer's market and didn't have calendar.

Anyone, one of the other vendors comes over at one of my busiest times :yuck: and starts complaining about her Loaf Pans and how she gets either BURNT bread, RAW bread or BOTH and she's ready to bring them back to me :grumpy: (not her consultant, never saw this woman before today in my life).

I'm trying to help someone else, but bread pan lady is getting really loud and bashing PC, so I excused myself from other person and asked if she had read directions on loaf pan before using......."Why should I, I've been baking for years?" and I said, "well each kind of pan is different and I know my old air bake pans don't bake same as Stoneware Loaf pan." I asked her "if oven temp was accurate?? Was pan(s) centered in oven??" I was trying to think of anything and everything to shut this women up :eek:

What do you think could be her problem with baking in these?? She wants me to call her this week with a solution. :confused:

I hate when I run into people like this and I did ask if she called consultant she ordered from and she said NO, she doesn't like to be bothered with things like this!! :eek: Isn't it part of our job to be sure people are satisfied with their products?? I try to make sure of that, but can't please everyone all the time.

She did say, this has happened whether it's quick breads (banana, apple) or "real" breads (white, wheat). So I'm leaning more and more towards it's her oven.

Help, suggestions??

Lisa

2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Sounds like her oven's not up to temp when she puts the bread in. If the oven is still coming up to temp, that means the heat is constantly on in order to get the mass (air, oven walls, etc.) up to the desired temp. Bread getting that amount of heat at the beginning of the bake time will definitely affect how it's baked. Many people make the mistake of not waiting long enough for their oven to heat before putting the food in.

Oct 3, 2009
  3. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I have used my loaf pan for only quick breads and it has been wonderful. Surprisingly wonderful!

I agree with Ann that the over temp probably isn't stable. I guess it could be a defect, but it probably isn't under warranty anymore.

And, BTW, that lady sounds totally annoying.

Oct 3, 2009
  4. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Go to her home and make the bread with her. It's worth an hour of your life to shut her up. Whle there, recruit her to have a show or become a consultant.

Someone who complains is someone who cares about products! God bless; take care.

Oct 4, 2009
  5. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

I too have to agree with everyone here. Go make bread. And the only defective thing you will probably find is her, pause for effect here, oven.
    I have two and have never had any problem with them. And if she is having issues with every kind of bread she is making, I too would lean toward here oven being the culprit. Or she is by not using it properly. Which again, I find hard to believe because I have cheated at times and not waited for the oven to be totally preheated, but I still never have issues that drastic.

Oct 4, 2009
  6. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Well I'm going to be making follow up calls starting tomorrow afternoon to people who stopped at my booth, so I'm hoping I can convince her it's the oven or like you said, let me knwo come with her and see........she was just suck a PIB that I really don't want to spend anymore time with her and am afraid a show would be my WORST nightmare. I can forsee many problems.

I think I'll pray about words to say and see how it goes. I was so trying not to be flippent with this lady, but she really irkked me in front of other customers.

Lisa

7. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

Hmmm, probably her biggest problem is that as a vendor, she was jealous about how busy you were.

You could give her the solution center number so she could talk to the directly about her pans. They could give her suggestion. I wouldn't go too crazy trying to solve her problem, because people like that won't appreciate it, and when she needs a product or a party, she'll go to HER consultant, not you.

8. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Did you hear any more about this?

Oct 10, 2009
  9. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I agree with this! I wouldn't waste too much time on her. And if she persists, tell her she'll need to either contact the HO herself or go through her regular consultant because you won't have the information needed to assist her (assuming its within the 3yrs). At most, suggesting a $10 oven thermometer (not sure how much they are, but I know they aren't much) if she wants to be sure- and it may help with other areas in her cooking ;). She's obviously a novice with stone-cooking. Sometimes you have to adjust the time a few minutes. I cook whole wheat bread all the time in mine- takes about 25-28 minutes and I have no problems whatsoever.

Oct 10, 2009
  10. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I agree with this suggestion. I had to get one for my oven because it preheats too slow and when it beeps to say it is up to temp, its not. AND the oven was only 2 years old when I realized this and had to buy the thermometer. So it can even happen to a newer oven. Good luck. I'd say if you can't get anywhere with her, I agree to just give her HO number. Just say that they designed it so they should have more tips/suggestions.
    Good luck!

Oct 11, 2009
Have something to add?