• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empty well in the mini-loaf pan

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
A customer posed a question about her mini-loaf pan today that I can't answer because I've never encountered this situation.

She only has enough dough for 6 loaves, which means she will either have one empty well twice or two empty wells once. The use guide advises filling all the wells but doesn't give a suggestion about what to do with an empty well.

I've used water in metal pans but I'm not sure what to advise her to do with stoneware.

Anyone encountered this? What's your workaround?

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I was making a Quick bread & it said it would be enough for 3. So what I did was add extra (i think it was banana nut bread) so I added more nuts & bananas & they came out slightly smaller. :cool:

smarteez2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2005
I just

[B]put water in the empty well, I haven't had any problems yet with that or my muffin stones [/B]

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Thanks, all!

Well, well! I like the potato idea - it reminds me of a locally produced motorcycle. When the engine or a Harley idles, it says, "Potato potato potato potato..."

Nov 27, 2007
I like the potato idea besides getting the bread for its use you have a nice healthy snack untill we add the chees and sour cream to it that is.

stacywhitlow

Veteran Member
Jul 23, 2007
I have never added anything to the empty wells. Never knew you needed to. Does this also apply to the muffin pan?

MissChef

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2006
the potato idea sounds great, I usually do water, but I don't like that you can easily just turn the stone over and dump out the bread! Also, sometimes I forget I have water in it and pull the rack out to fast and then I get water all over the place!:rolleyes:
The potato sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for the tip!:thumbup: :balloon: