• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Live Cooking Show Fundraiser- Recipes??

In summary, the caterer is having trouble getting attendance for a live cooking show fundraiser tomorrow and is seeking ideas. Sue provides a few suggestions, including crostini's, mini pesto pizzas, and pecan tassies. If the caterer has access to a kitchen, she recommends crostini's and a UM demonstration (using the crinkle blade to cut carrots). Ann provides ideas for a stockpot, using frozen vegetables, and adding more vegetables to the recipe. The caterer decides against a demo and goes with Ann's suggestion of buying small sample cups to measure portion size.
SusanBP0129
I am doing a live cooking show fundraiser tomorrow for a local church.
They have no idea how many people are coming. (lesson learned- ask for RSVP's from now on)

Anyway....they are hoping for 100 people.
That would be awesome...however, I have never done an actual demo for that big of a group.
I was going to do Tuxedo Brownie Cups.
(make the brownie cups today and fill them at the show)
Do you think I need to do something else?
A ring perhaps? Or a pizza on the bar pan?

I am hitting a wall and need some ideas from all you!!
Thanks in advance!!
:D

Well, you aren''t the caterer first of all. So a sample would be more then enough. Do you have access to a stove/oven/microwave/kitchen?

I would recommend crostini's....people can serve themselves on that one. You could do mini pesto pizzas and cut them into smaller pieces. Pecan tassies (make ahead)

If you search under files there are tons to choose from.

Good luck, let us know what you decided to do.

Oh absolutely!! No catering for me!! LOL I just want to make sure everyone gets a "bite" of something. Know what I mean?
I do have access to a kitchen. The Show is being held in their school's cafeteria.
I've never made the crostini's....that sounds like a good idea. Does it make for an easy demo?

Sue,
Do you have a stockpot, either from a cookware set or the 12-qt.? I made the Creamy One-Pot Pasta last week at a show and it is fantastic! If you have the 12-qt pot, you could double it. It makes 6 or 8 main dish portions (dinner-size), but you could really stretch it for samples, especially if you portion it into those little teeny plastic cups (like 1 piece of penne and 1 veg per sample). Because it's a cookware demo, you will probably get a bunch of bookings, too.

I think just topping the brownies may not be enough of a "showing" and may be tedious dending on how many you do. Then again, I really don't have any better ideas!

Ann's is great, you could have them buy the small sample cups that way you can control portion size depending on the crowd.

And- if you do double it and don't want to cut all that broccoli as part of the demo, replace one bunch with a 1-lb bag of frozen broccoli, thawed. :D (I love shortcuts!) I also add the UM to this demo, by using the crinkle blade to cut the carrots.Which reminds me- adding more veg is a good way to stretch this recipe. Use an extra carrot or two, and add some fresh mushrooms.

chefann said:
Sue,
Do you have a stockpot, either from a cookware set or the 12-qt.? I made the Creamy One-Pot Pasta last week at a show and it is fantastic! If you have the 12-qt pot, you could double it. It makes 6 or 8 main dish portions (dinner-size), but you could really stretch it for samples, especially if you portion it into those little teeny plastic cups (like 1 piece of penne and 1 veg per sample). Because it's a cookware demo, you will probably get a bunch of bookings, too.

Ann-
I LOVE that idea!!! I have been making that on a regular basis. DH loves it!!
I do it with the Moroccan Rub variation. Awesome.
The only issue is the kitchen is probably in the back, so how would I demo it to the crowd? Would I invite them into the kitchen?
Nothing like planning this last minute, huh?:rolleyes:

chefann said:
And- if you do double it and don't want to cut all that broccoli as part of the demo, replace one bunch with a 1-lb bag of frozen broccoli, thawed. :D (I love shortcuts!) I also add the UM to this demo, by using the crinkle blade to cut the carrots.

Which reminds me- adding more veg is a good way to stretch this recipe. Use an extra carrot or two, and add some fresh mushrooms.

When I made it at home, I just added a bag of frozen vegetables! I am all about shortcuts, too! :D

wadesgirl said:
I think just topping the brownies may not be enough of a "showing" and may be tedious dending on how many you do. Then again, I really don't have any better ideas!

Ann's is great, you could have them buy the small sample cups that way you can control portion size depending on the crowd.

I totally agree. I am nixing the brownie idea.

You could use a hot plate, just make sure that the pan is very sturdy on there!

wadesgirl said:
You could use a hot plate, just make sure that the pan is very sturdy on there!

I don't have one and have no desire to go out and buy one today.
Hmmmmm......
Back to square one, I guess.

Maybe Three Cheese Garden Pizza to show off the large bar pan, mandoline, etc...?

I could have Pull Aparts cooking when they are arriving and start my show by flipping them out onto the plate.....

thoughts??

Still thinking.....

Sorry, I'm no additional help, since I was going to suggest a hot plate, too. Clubhouse chicken squares? You could have one all done and cut into little samples, and finish off another one in front of the crowd.

Maybe I should break down and buy a hot plate.
Although I am leaning toward either Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake or
Three Cheese Garden Pizza.

Totally get the hot plate - you can get it in Kmart for like 20dollars - I purchased one to do a demo with the grill pan and shrimp over the summer - sold a 4 grill pans that show - might start bringing it again and demo the skillet for the deluxe cheeseburger salad recipe this summer - small investment for the price -

Which recipe did you use for the shrimp and seasoning?

1. What types of recipes are typically featured in a Live Cooking Show Fundraiser?

Our Live Cooking Show Fundraiser features a variety of recipes ranging from appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. We also offer a selection of recipes for special dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian.

2. Can the recipes be modified to accommodate allergies or dietary restrictions?

Yes, our recipes can be modified to fit specific dietary needs. Our consultants are trained to provide alternative ingredient options and substitutions to accommodate allergies or dietary restrictions.

3. How long are the cooking demonstrations during the fundraiser?

On average, our cooking demonstrations last about 1-2 hours. However, the duration may vary depending on the number of recipes being prepared and the level of audience participation.

4. Are the recipes difficult to recreate at home?

No, our recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. Our consultants provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure successful recreations of our recipes at home.

5. Are there any additional costs for ingredients or equipment needed for the recipes?

No, all ingredients and equipment needed for the recipes are typically items that can be found in a standard kitchen. There are no additional costs for ingredients or equipment beyond the cost of the fundraiser itself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • allergycooker
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies