• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Level of Quality in Shipments Received

In summary, Brenda K. reports that she has not had any problems with missing items in the past, and that all of her products come from Chicago.
lnicole77
Am I alone here... I have been having terrible experiences with shipments.

Like 3-5 things either wrong, or missing on the last 4 orders. I have been having all my hosts ship to me, so that I am the one who is disappointed, and by the time I talk to her, I say I am sorry to say that there was a small problem with your order, and let her know that I have already submitted for a product adjustment, and usually they are undertanding....

But I feel like it make me look imcompetant, like I don't know how to sumbit an order correctly.

Any one else having problems?????

I have been selling for over a year now, and have only had one thing missing and nothing broken (knock on wood).

I'm not sure how many distribution plants there are. I must be lucky and have a good one.

There was a few months that were bad but, I have had 2 huge shows shipped with nothing wrong, go figure!!

I had a show shipped to me and the box was mangled. I took pictures with the intent of sending them to HO. Once I opened the box, I noticed that the packing material did not "fill out" the box - it was the packer's fault! I also took pictures of the packing and sent both to HO. Another shipment had everything thrown in - I kid you not! There were two steak knife sets where the boxes were at an angle and smashed...I know it wasn't UPS that made it that way. And only some of the little stuff was in a small bag. The rest was thrown in - all at different levels!

Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I received a large order yesterday, 5 boxes, and I was once again missing a number of items. I had to call my host and work out as best a possible how we would fill her guests orders. Luckily 4 of the 5 missing items were items that she ordered as well as guests and of course we filled the guests orders first. The one item for a customer was the IceCream Scoop that I happened to have one on hand and will replace it with the product adjustment order. Her only real disappointment was she had gotten the Barbecue Tool Set as one of her Half Priced items as a present for her father on Father's day and The Basing Brush was missing and is hoping to be corrected in time for giving as a gift.

When I got off the phone with her last night, my fiancee' said "man, what a tap dancing show that was." And thats what it felt like... Back in March I hosted a show for a girl named Lori, and two items were missing. Her cousin, Kelly who attened and ordered at Lori's show booked a show for May. Kelly had an egg slicer missing, only received the HWC plates, not cups, received rectangle baker, not woven serving basket.... Really frustrating that now, Mary, Kelly and Lori's Cousin/Sister-in-law, now has 5 things missing from her show... I know all three of these women talk. And I don't want to lose them as customers.... Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be our area. I received a show on Tuesday (thankfully I had it shipped here) and it was a mess. 6 missing items and 1 broken. I have yet to hear from HO about my product adjustment.

Same problem in MN. I had a show last week and the hostess was missing 5 items. They are really fast at shipping the products out but maybe they should be more worried about quality - double checking and not quantity - how quick. Just my thought. It doesn't happen all the time but some of the time.

Brenda K.

I haven't had a problem with things missing in a long time. I also think that all the products come from Chicago. Mine always ship to Alaska from Addison, so there can't be one between there and me!

gilliandanielle said:
I haven't had a problem with things missing in a long time. I also think that all the products come from Chicago. Mine always ship to Alaska from Addison, so there can't be one between there and me!

That's where mine come from too, and everything is always fine.

Luckly I have only had a few shows like this. But the last one that was missing things was missing about 6 or 10 items and also had 3 broken things. UGGH!!! HO fixed it right away though.

I just received my supply order and the mini-spatula was missing. I called home office and they are shipping them out. The inspectators must be sleeping.
Teresa

broken itemsNormally I just have things missing..... and only a couple orders had some stones broken. BUT last week my host calls me and says, I love those HWC cups.. BUT they are broken!! She said her box showed up at her doorstep looking like the UPS guys used it as a soccer ball! The tape wasnt even in tack on the box. The BBQ scewers box was smashed and slanted along with her classic batter bowls box. As well as one of her recipe books had the back cover bent back!! She was not too thrilled about it. So i gave her my set of the HWC cups and sent in a product adjustment. How terrible is that? First PC packers sit on the products, bend boxes etc... then give it to UPS to play a game of soccer! Thank goodness she was my sisters friend and just laughed at me for having to call HO and talk to them about it!

I also just had a customer that got his 6 cup muffin stone.... BROKEN in two spots! So no muffins this weekend for his kids!

At first, i would have the items shipped right to the host.. then i had too many broken things being sent. Being New, i didnt want to lose customers, so someone told me to have it shipped to me. That way i wont look so stupid when things are missing or broken, or having a box without the tape on it arrive.

So thats what i have been doing. But that customer that had the cups broken lives 45 minutes away from me. But lesson learned... if i can go there for a show, i can go back there to deliver the items!

I don't seem to be having as many of the messed up shipments as some people. That could have to do with the shipments not needing to as far because where I live.

But, one thing to keep in mind if you're feeling kind of stupid in the host's eyes when there's a problem is they have NO idea that you may have had other problems with shipments. For all they know, this is the only time it's ever happened. Just apologize for the inconvenience and let them know you'll get it corrected ASAP. They don't know if this is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence or a common problem. So try to keep that in mind when you're dealing with this!

Even when I've had mistakes with my orders or broken items, the HO corrects them very quickly! It's just another GREAT reason to do those out-of-the-box calls to guests because if something is broken and they don't know it yet, you'll want to have them check everything just to be sure because if something IS wrong, you can correct it quickly at PC's expense! :)

so trueThats so true! They dont know that this happens all the time for me... i dont tell them anything, i just appologize and turn in a product adjustment asap.

They are pretty quick to ship the replacement... i only had one time that they took about 3 weeks to even send the item back. It was the knives that my customer had and they were rusted already. I had to email HO twice to get a response, then they sent it out... kinda weird with that one. Otherwise, they are super quick to get something sent back to the host or customer.

My last show that come in(it was sent to my house) had 5 or 6 boxes...2 boxes had holes knocked in the side of them...and then the worst one of them all. you could actually look into the box and see the product. i had a few things missing out of the box and my guess is that it fell out because of the six inch gap or the ups man looked in and saw that he need some corn butterers and small serving spatulas...haha...Things have been ba

I accidentally hit the send button to soon, but i was going to say that things have been bad for the last 3 months or so, but i hoping they will start to get better.

I haven't had anything that bad!!! A few things here or there... thank goodness!

Make sure you take pictures of the boxes BEFORE you open them...and then BEFORE you move any products/packing if the packing is at fault. Forward the pictures and show number and UPS tracking number to HO and UPS. That way they know that we are keeping our collective eye on them!

I had a really bad run a few months ago where every shipment had something missing or broken. The people that pack our boxes do a terrible job, as many of you had pointed out. There is not enough packing material, things are just thrown in.

I live an hour from the HO and I am astounded at how beat up my boxes look after spending a mere 12 hours with UPS.

So, the problem is two fold--lack of quality control at the warehouse (just one warehouse by the way, Addison, IL) and poor handling by UPS.

The only thing we can do is DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Write an email to [email protected] every single time you have a problem.

And if you are having a show shipped to your house, unpack it right away, do the adjustments and call them in and have them RUSH it to you (they will if you ask), and THEN call your host. She doesn't need to know that anything went wrong.

1. What is the standard protocol for ensuring the level of quality in shipments received?

At Pampered Chef, we have a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that all shipments received meet our high standards. This includes thorough inspections of products, packaging, and shipping materials before they are accepted into our inventory.

2. How does Pampered Chef handle quality issues with shipments received?

If there are any quality issues with a shipment received, our team immediately addresses the issue with the supplier and works to find a resolution. We also keep detailed records of any quality concerns to prevent future occurrences.

3. What can I do if I receive a damaged or defective item in a shipment?

If you receive a damaged or defective item in a shipment, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will assist you in returning the item and getting a replacement or refund.

4. How does Pampered Chef ensure consistency in the level of quality in shipments received?

We have a set of strict quality standards that all our suppliers must meet in order to do business with us. We also conduct regular audits and inspections to ensure consistency in the level of quality in all shipments received.

5. Does Pampered Chef have a satisfaction guarantee for the level of quality in shipments received?

Yes, we stand behind the quality of all our products and shipments received. If you are not satisfied with the level of quality, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • pamperedtara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 2crazyboys