• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leftover Turkey: Share Your Favorite Recipe!

In summary, Post your favorite recipe for Turkey left-overs. In Rachael Ray's recipe, she has turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and cheese rolled up in a pizza dough. She also suggests adding pasta to the dish if desired.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Post your favorite recipe for Turkey left-overs. I have a ton of turkey and want some new ideas. You don't have to post a PC recipe, but if it's your fave, then go ahead.

rachael ray made something the other day called turkey stromboli with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and cheese and gravy. rolled up in the pizza dough.

i'm sure the recipe is on her website, i'll be making that tonight. mm mm good

ginamkiely said:
rachael ray made something the other day called turkey stromboli with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and cheese and gravy. rolled up in the pizza dough.

I have everything I need to make this! It sounds good - I am going to use Swiss cheese, and all the leftovers!

I still really love our Turkey Cranberry Wreath. My family doesn't like it, though...they are so picky!

On The View today, they showed a turkey calzone. Pizza dough, turkey, bacon, sage, cheese...and not sure if that was all. Fold over, brush with olive oil, and bake. Looked really easy and good!

since we go to the DH's family for turkey day, I don't have leftovers!:cry:
so right now, there is a turkey breast in the crockpot for the kids to have for dinner tonight.....DH and I are headed out of town for an "adult only" overnight trip and to the football game tomorrow! I am so ready for a get away, even if it is only for about 30 hours!

Meg...have fun! Adults only......hmmmmmmm....30 hours will be nice!!:blushing:

KellyTheChef said:
Meg...have fun! Adults only......hmmmmmmm....30 hours will be nice!!:blushing:

well, let's see-2.5 hours driving there, 2.5 hours back, 4 hours at a football game (GO PIRATES!), 2 or 3 hours tailgating....so that leaves us 18 hours! I'll take it!

GREEN GRAPE TURKEY SALAD 3 c. diced, cooked turkey
1 c. sliced celery
1 c. green grapes
1 c. mayonnaise
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. saltCombine all ingredients. Chill. You can also add pasta of your choice to this - you may want to increase the mayo then so it isn't too dry...

My mom makes Turkey loaf, with bread crumbs, celery, eggs, some spices and turkey of course. I don't have the recipe handy. If it sounds good to you, send me a message and I'll try to find it. I love it, but we had to come home before my mom made it this year. I have the left over pumpkin bread pudding (not that great) and pumpkin pie a la easy.

Here's the recipe from Rachael Ray:

Turkey Stromboli

1 tube refrigerated pizza dough, such as Pillsbury brand
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or cornmeal
1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
3 cups leftover turkey, shredded
2 cups leftover stuffing
2 cups aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cups leftover gravy
Preparation
Pre-heat oven to 400°F
Break open the tube of dough and remove it from container. Dust your hands and lightly coat the dough with flour or cornmeal, then roll it out onto work surface. Stretch the dough out gently so that is an inch larger than when you first take it out of the roll (but in the same rectangle shape that it has initially). Spread the cranberry sauce in an even layer over the dough, making sure to leave an inch border around the circumference of the rectangle.
Layer the turkey and stuffing down the middle of the dough going from one corner to the opposite corner in a diagonal line. Cover the turkey and stuffing with the cheddar. Bring one corner of the dough up over the turkey mixture, then roll the dough on an angle to make a long roll that is thick in the middle and thinner on each end. You should have turkey mixture running down the middle with some filling exposed at each end.
Brush the stromboli with EVOO, then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and pat them into the dough. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until evenly golden. Serve with leftover hot gravy alongside.

ginamkiely said:

I saw this too and am so going to try it!!

I just had Turkey Jamaican Jerk Nachos...yum and good use for the turkey, especially when you've had plenty.

janetupnorth said:
I just had Turkey Jamaican Jerk Nachos...yum and good use for the turkey, especially when you've had plenty.
Oh that sounds good! I may need to try that.

I made the Turkey Paninis with Onion Cranberry Marmalade last night for dinner. Yum! Those were really good. I may need to just experiment with different types of paninis using the left over turkey. But the nachos sound like a good idea too.:)

pamperedbecky said:
....I made the Turkey Paninis with Onion Cranberry Marmalade last night for dinner. Yum! Those were really good. I may need to just experiment with different types of paninis using the left over turkey. But the nachos sound like a good idea too.:)

Recipe please

pamperedlinda said:
Recipe please
It's in the Cooking for Two or More cookbook.:) I don't have it saved or typed out in a file, so I can't attach it. I have to run, but if nobody else has this already typed out and can post it, I'll try to jump on at a later time and post it. Hopefully someone else might have it saved.....:rolleyes:

pamperedbecky said:
It's in the Cooking for Two or More cookbook.:) I don't have it saved or typed out in a file, so I can't attach it. I have to run, but if nobody else has this already typed out and can post it, I'll try to jump on at a later time and post it. Hopefully someone else might have it saved.....:rolleyes:
I thought it sounded familiar. I have that book, thanks!

I am trying it tomorrow night
ginamkiely said:

I was going to make it tonight but decided to do it tomorrow night instead. Was it as good as it looked?

Good ole Turkey pot Pie....

Creamed Turkey over Mashed PotatoesI love it.
I make a rue of flour and butter then add milk and stir until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste. When it is thick enough I add leftover pieces of turkey, diced or hand torn into bite sized pieces. Cook until turkey is warmed through and then serve over mashed potatoes. Just had this tonight as a matter of fact!! Yummy!!

^^ oh my this sound yummy Cynthia, I'm on my way upstairs to make it now!
Thanks for sharing!

smarteez2 said:
I love it.
I make a rue of flour and butter then add milk and stir until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste. When it is thick enough I add leftover pieces of turkey, diced or hand torn into bite sized pieces. Cook until turkey is warmed through and then serve over mashed potatoes. Just had this tonight as a matter of fact!! Yummy!!
Do you think in a pinch for time that one of the condensed creamed of _____(something!LOL!) soups will work?

1. What are some creative ways to use leftover turkey?

There are plenty of delicious ways to use leftover turkey, such as making turkey quesadillas, turkey pot pie, turkey and cranberry sandwiches, or a turkey and vegetable stir-fry. You can also add shredded turkey to soups, casseroles, or pasta dishes for a protein boost.

2. Can I freeze leftover turkey?

Yes, leftover turkey can be frozen for later use. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

3. How can I prevent leftover turkey from drying out when reheating?

To prevent leftover turkey from drying out when reheating, add a little bit of chicken or turkey broth to the dish before reheating. You can also cover the dish with foil to help trap moisture while reheating.

4. What is your favorite recipe for leftover turkey?

One of our favorite recipes for leftover turkey is a turkey and cranberry panini. Simply layer sliced turkey, cranberry sauce, and your choice of cheese on bread, and grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. Delicious and easy!

5. How long can leftover turkey be stored in the refrigerator?

Leftover turkey can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to keep it fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • sklay723