• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Learn How to Create a Fan Page for Your PC Business | Step-by-Step Guide

Independent Consultant Logo, youre-mail address, phone number, and link to your PersonalWeb Site on your profile or page. See Linking to Your PWSThrough Social Networking Sites section for additionalpolicies on PWS linking.
TheNewMrsRue
I'm sorry if this is some where but how do you set up a fan page for your own PC business??

Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

what did you set yours up as? local business?

Yes, I set mine up as a Local Business. I felt that was most applicable to my business. I did find out later that it appears to restrict the information I can put on my Info tab. For example, ChefBeckyD made hers "Company" and she's able to put a lot more on her info tab, like the mission statement and such.

I don't see "company" as an option. There seems to just be: Local business; Brand, product, or organization; or Artist, band, or public figure.And then the Page name. Is this where we need to make something that identifies us as Independent Consultant's or whatever? Or is this where I could do "Amanda's Kitchen"?

Page Name is the equivalent of your name on your personal profile. I chose mine to be Noora Kragenbrink - Independent Consultant with The Pamepred Chef, but you could call your Fan page "Amanda's Kitchen" as well, as long as you make it clear on your page that you're an independent consultant, maybe in the blurb under your picture. "Amanda's Kitchen" doesn't give the impression that you're representing yourself as PC HO, which is what they're concerned with.

I went the the HO facebook page and in the bottom left corner, create a business page. I clicked here and created my second facebook page. I used information cut and pasted from the HO facebook and changed some words to customize it for me. For example, independent consultant and my personal mission.

I created a business page and spent way too much time last night tweaking it. I added a couple of recipes, uploaded a few pictures. Tonight I created "events" for my next 3 August shows. They show up on my regular facebook page as well. Am I doing something wrong? I was hoping to minimize the PC exposure on my "personal" page!

Didn't the HO course say it had to be a profile page and not a fan page?

I don't think we can have a fan or business page, better check the policy carefully! I'd be calling HO right away, otherwise I would have done that right after conference.

I just took the HO courses and we are supposed to create group pages!

sharpechef said:
I don't think we can have a fan or business page, better check the policy carefully! I'd be calling HO right away, otherwise I would have done that right after conference.

wadesgirl said:
I just took the HO courses and we are supposed to create group pages!

Noora posted in a couple threads about her concerns about Pages being permitted. She did get the okay from HO. Groups are what they mentioned on the training, but they didn't say not to do Pages. The problem with the group thing is that it HAS to be set to "secret". Therefore, all your posts will not make it to the news feeds of the group members. They will have to take the initiative to check out your group page. I think it would be good for your downlines, but not for your customers. JMO

If you check the verbiage in the consultant policy guide under social networking, it does mention both profiles (personal) and pages (business). The mention of groups is in another paragraph. There is nothing that I have come across that has mentioned that it is not allowed to have a business page, and as Amanda mentioned, Noora did get clarification from Home Office. This is what it says in the policy guide:You may include the Independent Consultant Logo, your
e-mail address, phone number, and link to your Personal
Web Site on your profile or page. See Linking to Your PWS
Through Social Networking Sites section for additional
policies on PWS linking.

Related to Learn How to Create a Fan Page for Your PC Business | Step-by-Step Guide

1. How do I create a fan page on Facebook?

To create a fan page on Facebook, go to the Facebook homepage and click on the "Create" button in the top right corner. Then, select "Page" from the drop-down menu. From there, you can choose a category for your page, such as "Brand or Product" for a Pampered Chef fan page, and follow the prompts to set up your page.

2. How do I customize my fan page on Facebook?

To customize your fan page on Facebook, click on the "Settings" button in the top right corner of your page. From there, you can edit your page's name, add a profile and cover photo, and customize the tabs and sections on your page. You can also add a call-to-action button to encourage followers to take action on your page.

3. Can I add multiple admins to my fan page on Facebook?

Yes, you can add multiple admins to your fan page on Facebook. To do so, go to your page's "Settings" and click on "Page Roles" in the left menu. From there, you can add new admins by typing in their name or email address and selecting their role (admin, editor, moderator, advertiser, or analyst).

4. How do I promote my fan page on Facebook?

To promote your fan page on Facebook, you can use the "Invite Friends" feature to invite your Facebook friends to like your page. You can also share your page's content on your personal profile and in relevant Facebook groups. Additionally, you can use Facebook Ads to target specific audiences and promote your page.

5. Can I schedule posts on my fan page on Facebook?

Yes, you can schedule posts on your fan page on Facebook. When creating a post, click on the arrow next to the "Publish" button and select "Schedule." From there, you can choose the date and time you want your post to be published. You can also use third-party scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule posts in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NooraK