• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Learn About Indirect Signatures for Fed Ex Standard Overnight Deliveries

In summary, an indirect signature is a delivery option offered by Fed Ex for Standard Overnight deliveries where the package is delivered to a designated secure location instead of directly to the recipient. It can be requested when creating a shipping label online or by contacting customer service. The designated location can be changed but may result in additional fees or delays. If the recipient is unavailable, Fed Ex will attempt to deliver the package the next business day or hold it at a Fed Ex location for pick up. This service is optional and not required for all Standard Overnight deliveries.
finley1991
I'm expecting a delivery today (non PC) and it says:

Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

What is an Indirect Signature?

Colleen - i searched under fed.com and this is what came up: HTH!

Indirect Signature
Required Direct Signature Required Adult Signature Required
Service Description FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:

From someone at the delivery address; or
From a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or
The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

Yes, any signature will do, not necessary the name on the package.They need a signature though...

Thanks! I supposed I could have looked it up on Fed Ex myself! Didn't even think of that... it's clearly been one of those mornings!!!!It says it's to be delivered by 3pm and I will be gone part of it but will make sure someone here gets the door. It's my new phone and I'm very excited!!!!

Related to Learn About Indirect Signatures for Fed Ex Standard Overnight Deliveries

What is an indirect signature?

An indirect signature is a type of delivery option offered by Fed Ex for their Standard Overnight deliveries. It allows the package to be delivered to a designated secure location, such as a neighbor's house or a Fed Ex store, instead of directly to the recipient.

How do I request an indirect signature for my Fed Ex Standard Overnight delivery?

To request an indirect signature, you can either select the option when creating your shipping label online or you can contact Fed Ex customer service and request it over the phone. Please note that additional fees may apply for this service.

Can I change the designated secure location for my indirect signature?

Yes, you can change the designated secure location for your indirect signature by contacting Fed Ex customer service. However, please note that any changes may result in additional fees or delay in delivery.

What happens if there is no one available to sign for my package at the designated secure location?

If there is no one available to sign for your package at the designated secure location, Fed Ex will attempt to deliver the package to the recipient's address the next business day. If the recipient is still unavailable, a notice will be left and the package will be held at a Fed Ex location for pick up.

Is an indirect signature required for all Fed Ex Standard Overnight deliveries?

No, an indirect signature is an optional service and is not required for all Fed Ex Standard Overnight deliveries. You can choose to require a direct signature from the recipient or waive the signature requirement altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Karen