• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lava Cake in Stone Other Than Dcb?

In summary, you can make lava cake in any stoneware baking dish as long as it is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. It is important to preheat the stone before baking and to lightly grease it to prevent sticking. The baking time can vary, but it typically takes about 12-15 minutes at 425°F. You can use a mix to make lava cake in a stone and add your own mix-ins for a personalized touch.
redsoxgirl
Will this cake fit in another stone and not overflow?

I always make mine in the fluted stone and it always turns out great. I usually only add 6 scoops of the frosting, not sure if that makes a difference.

It's difficult to answer that question without more context. Can you provide more information about the size and shape of the cake and the stone you are trying to fit it in? Without knowing the specific dimensions, it's hard to say for sure if the cake will fit without overflowing.

Related to Lava Cake in Stone Other Than Dcb?

1. Can I make lava cake in a stone other than the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

Yes, you can make lava cake in any stoneware baking dish as long as it is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. The DCB is just a popular choice because of its size and shape, but any similar stoneware dish will work.

2. Do I need to preheat the stone before baking lava cake?

Yes, it is important to preheat your stone in the oven before adding the lava cake batter. This will ensure that the cake bakes evenly and helps create the signature molten lava center.

3. How do I prevent the lava cake from sticking to the stone?

To prevent sticking, it is best to lightly grease the stone with cooking spray or butter before adding the batter. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder or flour on the greased surface to further prevent sticking.

4. How long should I bake the lava cake in the stone?

The baking time can vary depending on your oven and the size of your stone. Generally, it takes about 12-15 minutes at 425°F to bake a lava cake in a stone. It is important to keep an eye on the cake and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. The edges of the cake should be set, but the center should still be slightly gooey.

5. Can I use a mix to make lava cake in a stone?

Yes, you can use a mix to make lava cake in a stone. Just follow the instructions on the mix and make sure to preheat the stone and grease it before adding the batter. You can also add your own mix-ins, like chocolate chips or nuts, to customize your lava cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shelli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies