• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute Entertaining: Quick & Easy Recipes for Unexpected Guests

In summary, the author is thinking of doing an Unexpected Drop In Guest sort of theme. Recipes are easy to make and can be served with tea or coffee.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was thinking of doing an Unexpected Drop In Guest sort of theme. Doing quick, easy recipes so when someone drops by your home unexpectedly, you can whip something up and serve it with tea or coffee... So, what am I looking to my fellow Cheffers for?

Ideas of what to call it, recipes to make. So far I have Mom's Apple Crisp and the Chocolate Lava Cake.

What a great idea!

My first thoughts were something like "Drop-By Desserts."

KimmyDarling: LOVE that idea!

Meant to add that I've done the braid with fruit and cream cheese (can't remember the name of the recipe) a couple of times when people have unexpectedly dropped-in, and it's been a huge success.

AJPratt said:
KimmyDarling: LOVE that idea!

Oh, good!!! I'm glad I could help!

Drop-by-Desserts - love it Kimmy!

I have heard, and I don't know if it is on this site or not, that the Profiterole Puffs freeze well. Make them up, put them in the freezer and then set them out at room temp. for 15 min. Sounds like a great thing to keep on hand.

Bake a cake in the microwave for 11 mins in the micro rice cooker or the batter bowls......

Bumping... Anyone have any other ideas?

I actually had a friend drop by the other morning, and I quickly made the Cinnamon Biscuit Bites, and then did a quick frosting for them out of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk....They were delicious - and she was amazed at how easy they were to make, and with ingredients that most people always have on hand!
(we ate them all - and drank a whole pot of coffee. It was a fun time!)

How do you make that?

The cinnamon biscuit bites are the garlic biscuit bites that you make in the 8' skillet - only with cinnamon and sugar instead of garlic & italian seasoning. I never measure, just shake the c/s mixture onto the biscuits until they looked coated good (2-3 tbl?) - and stir 'em up with the butter. Bake them like you do the garlic biscuits, and then while they were baking, I softened about 3-4 oz. of cream cheese in the microwave, and whisked in powdered sugar and milk a little at a time until it was a thick glaze consistency (probably 1 C. of P.S., and 2-3 tbl. of milk?) These are so good and so easy!!! (and great w/ a cup of coffee!)

That sounds so good! Could I do this glaze without the cream cheese? I hate cream cheese frosting!

w/o cream cheese - I would substitute a little butter and a little vanilla - that would be just as good!

What a great idea for a theme show!

I suggest the Easy Peanut Butter Presses. They're SUPER easy (only 3 ingredients), and who doesn't love warm cookies with a glass of milk or, even better, a cup of Good Company coffee or tea?

The recipe is in one of the cookbooks (I think All the Best), but it's easy enough to share:
Combine 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Fill cookie press with dough. Press out cookies and bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until set and golden brown around the edges.

My sister swears by these as a "I forgot I need to take treats today" recipe. Of course, if anyone's allergic to nuts, they can't eat them. But they're OK for people who have Celiac's Disease (gluten intolerance) because they have no flour.

Ann

Its also a great way to show off the excutive cook ware and how durable it is.

I LOVE the drop-by desserts. So cute. I think I might steal this idea. It might make a great idea for a show...call all the guests the night before and tell them you're having an impromptu party with quick easy recipes that can be made with pantry staples! Easy way to book in close!

Related to Last-Minute Entertaining: Quick & Easy Recipes for Unexpected Guests

What is the "Unexpected Guest" theme all about?

The "Unexpected Guest" theme is all about being prepared for unexpected visitors or last-minute gatherings. It focuses on easy and quick recipes that can be made with ingredients already on hand, making it perfect for those unexpected moments when friends or family drop by.

Are there specific products recommended for the "Unexpected Guest" theme?

While any Pampered Chef product can be used for the "Unexpected Guest" theme, there are a few that are particularly helpful. Our Quick Cooker and Pressure Cooker are perfect for whipping up fast meals, while our Stoneware Collection can handle any last-minute baking needs. Our Mix 'N Scraper and Garlic Slicer are also great for quickly prepping ingredients.

Can I customize the "Unexpected Guest" theme to fit my dietary needs?

Of course! The "Unexpected Guest" theme offers a variety of recipes that can be easily customized to fit different dietary needs and preferences. Whether you're vegetarian, gluten-free, or have other dietary restrictions, there are plenty of options to choose from.

Are there any specific tips for successfully pulling off the "Unexpected Guest" theme?

One of the key tips for this theme is to always be prepared. Have a well-stocked pantry and freezer so you can quickly whip up a meal or appetizers when unexpected guests arrive. Another tip is to keep versatile ingredients on hand, such as puff pastry or canned beans, which can be used in a variety of recipes. And don't forget to have fun and enjoy the unexpected social gatherings!

Can I find "Unexpected Guest" theme recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can find a variety of "Unexpected Guest" theme recipes on our website. Simply click on the "Recipes" tab and search for "Unexpected Guest" in the search bar. You can also browse through our different categories and look for recipes marked with the "Unexpected Guest" tag. Happy cooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pvt35115
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
legacypc46