• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on Recipe for Open House

In summary, Paige is having her last Open House before moving and she is making the Pinwheel Bites. People loved them.
alavancha
Hi there! I'm new to Chef Sucess. I'm coming out of lurkdome - this is my first post! Whoo hooo!

I'm moving in the next few months, so I am having my last Open House before I leave for past hosts and guests.

I'm going to make the new Cran-Raspberry Fizz drink, the Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake, and the Apple Berry Salsa with cinnamon chips.

I feel like I need one more recipe, but I'm stuck trying to figure out what it is.

Any suggestions?:)

PS - how do I change my information over on the right hand side (experience and best show)?

I would do a savory recipe - mini pesto pizzas, or one of the brie recipes?

Mmmmm, your open house sounds yummy! Are WE invited? ;)

Do either Tomato Basil squares - easy and inexpensive and shows stoneware and a lot of tools, or do Garlic Pull-aparts in Exec.Saute pan. Both are substantial enough, and easy.

God Bless; Take Care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Pinwheels...I had an open house last weekend and made the Pinwheel Bites (not sure what they are really called). Basically you take Crescent Rolls roll out into four groups of rectangles and spread them with cream cheese, garlic and dill mixture, roll up and cut creating pinwheels. You can also add ham or spinich. These were a big hit and not too spendy. I had extra's made up in the fridge ready to be baked. People loved them.

KatsKitchen said:
I had an open house last weekend and made the Pinwheel Bites (not sure what they are really called). Basically you take Crescent Rolls roll out into four groups of rectangles and spread them with cream cheese, garlic and dill mixture, roll up and cut creating pinwheels. You can also add ham or spinich. These were a big hit and not too spendy. I had extra's made up in the fridge ready to be baked. People loved them.

what is the recipe for the cream cheese spread exactl? Sounds yummy!

That's Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels from a few years back.

Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels

1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1/3 cup gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
4 slices (1 ounce each) thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 cup packed spinach leaves

Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into four rectangles on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Press seams to seal.

Using Small Spreader, spread each rectangle with about 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with 1 slice ham and spinach leaves.

Starting at short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into six slices using Serrated Bread Knife for a total of 24 slices. Place slices, cut side down, on Large Round Stone. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 pinwheels

Nutrients per serving: (1 pinwheel): Calories 60, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/3 cup regular cream cheese spread, 1 garlic clove pressed with the Garlic Press and 1/2 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the flavored gourmet spreadable cheese.

Variation: Holiday Pinwheel Wreath: Double ingredients for pinwheels. Slice each roll into four slices for a total of 32 slices. Arrange 11 slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern, leaving a 5-inch-diameter opening in center of baking stone. Arrange remaining slices outside of the first ring, slightly overlapping each other but not touching the first ring. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

1. How many servings does the recipe make?

The recipe for the open house makes approximately 10-12 servings.

2. Can I make any substitutions for ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients as per your dietary preferences and restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.

3. Can I prepare the recipe in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the recipe in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. However, we recommend baking it fresh for the best results.

4. How long does it take to prepare and cook the recipe?

The preparation time for the recipe is approximately 20 minutes, and the cooking time is around 40 minutes. So, in total, it takes about an hour to prepare and cook the dish.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of the recipe for up to 3 months. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bags for best results. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • kristyjab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Jennie50