• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lasagna with Hard-Boiled Eggs: Is it Normal?

In summary, Diane's side of the family makes a different lasagna recipe that does not include hard boiled eggs. Her husband thought she was attacking his mother's cooking again and said it's completely normal and they use it in resteraunts.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
This is not a PC question, but since my show cancelled for yesterday my mil made dinner for the family. She made lasagna and it had hard boiled eggs inside the lasagna. Now the recipe that my side of the family makes does not use that, and I have never seen it before.

So of course my DH thought I was attacking his mom's cooking again and said it's completely normal and they use it in resteraunts. Is it normal, do my fellow cheffers use hard boiled eggs in their lasagna or have you seen it done before?

Now I really couldn't taste the eggs, so it didn't ruin or enhance the lasagna, but it was wierd to see it in the lasagna.

I have NEVER seen or heard of that...How did she use them in the lasagne?

I've heard of whole hardboiled eggs being cooked in meatloaf. I think that's where I've seen it used. . .but I've never heard of hardboiled eggs in lasagna.

She sliced it with the egg slicer, and had a layer right before the top noodle!

Can't say I've ever heard of that!

Diane

I have heard of using egg in the ricotta cheese, but not hard boiled eggs.

Born & raised with Italians (from Author Ave.) little Italy of the Bronx. Also worked in restaurants Waitressing & cooking for almost 40 years & I NEVER have seen nor even heard of that.:eek: :eek: :eek:

At least she used the egg slicer ;)

Yes it's one of the few products I have sold to my MIL, she doesn't cook hardly at all, and says that our products are way too expensive. Her sister refuses to look at a catalog because we way over charge. I have tried if you host a show, speel I don't know how many times. I beleive it is a lost causeIt's a good thing that I am not the only one who hasn't heard of this!

There was a post a while back that roughly said there was over 70% of the catalog under $25...or something like that. Especially with our warranties as well as the one-year on everything, even if you just don't like it guarantee, I can't see why people think our stuff is overpriced! A lot of people order from Williams Sonoma, The Baker's Catalog, and other places like this - I know I somtimes do! These products, for the most part, are just pictures on a page. And, if you don't like them, too bad! I also like the fact that with consultants you can create a relationship that makes it easy to fix problems, get recipes to use your product(s), possibly get exclusive sale proces, etc. Anyhoo, I need to get going on one of my other three jobs!

Never seen or heard of hard boiled eggs in lasagna. I can understand if that is how he's always had it the eggs would seem the norm to your husband.

I have never heard of putting hard boiled eggs in it either, but it would get your kids to eat eggs. Maybe that is why it was originally started in the family. However, husbands always think we are attacking their moms when we make comments....but I guess we wives are the same with our own moms.

I am blessed!Well I am blessed with a husband that can admit that his mother cannot cook. Also he loves anything and everything I cook. My mother in law, bless her heart, has been working for many, many years and just doesn't have the nack for cooking or baking. She is She is sweet, generous, and loving and those are more important qualities to me anyway.
She has purchased small saute pans, gadgets and other PC things just to help me out. I really appreciate her. She is always there when I need her just like my mom.
Some people want to be creative with dishes and that's cool. I know I am always trying out new recipes and then tweaking some just for fun. But that recipe you mentioned is not in restaurants and it's not the norm.
Caesar salad does have hard boiled eggs, and my lasagne has raw eggs mixed in with the ricotta cheese, mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Some people can be real defensive about their family, and that's a shame. Honesty is ok, and the truth hurts sometimes.
Tell your husband to repeat this:
"Mom's lasagne is unique and original, but not the kind served in restaurants!"
LOL :D :D :D :D
Just kidding!!
The only thing I get defensive about is my savior Jesus Christ! He is the only way of salvation and He is perfect and God. I will argue that and defend the faith, but that's all I'll argue about!! :p
Debbie

Your MIL must be related to mine. When I first had her lasagna I thought the egg was ALOT of parmesan cheese in one area. After a couple of bites I realized that it was a hard boiled egg and I couldn't figure out why it was in there. Like you had mentioned it didn't enhance it at all. Her mom (DH grandma) is from France and she has always made it this way. I'm not sure if this is common in France or not. Luckily she hasn't made this dish in a while :)

You know something....it might be a French thing, cuz French style Meat Loaf has hard boiled eggs down the middle of it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ginger:cool:

1. Is it normal to use hard-boiled eggs in lasagna?

Yes, using hard-boiled eggs in lasagna is a traditional Italian method that adds a unique flavor and texture to the dish.

2. How do I incorporate hard-boiled eggs into my lasagna?

You can slice the hard-boiled eggs and layer them in between the pasta and other ingredients, or you can mash them and mix them into the cheese or meat mixture before layering.

3. Will the hard-boiled eggs make the lasagna taste weird?

No, the hard-boiled eggs will not make the lasagna taste weird. They add a subtle richness and creaminess to the dish.

4. Can I substitute hard-boiled eggs with another ingredient?

Yes, you can substitute hard-boiled eggs with other ingredients such as ricotta cheese, tofu, or sliced vegetables. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor will be different.

5. How do I know if the hard-boiled eggs are cooked properly?

The best way to ensure that the hard-boiled eggs are cooked properly is to follow the recommended cooking time and method for boiling eggs. You can also do a quick test by gently shaking the egg - if you can hear the yolk moving inside, it is likely undercooked, and if it is solid, it is fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies