• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Recipes for Leftover Hard Boiled Eggs

In summary, the conversation is about various recipe ideas for using up leftover hard boiled eggs. Suggestions include deviled eggs, egg salad, pasta salad, and pickled eggs. Some members also share their own recipes for egg salad and pickled eggs. The conversation also touches on the tradition of painting Easter eggs and incorporating the boiled eggs into different meals.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
I've got a bunch of hard boiled eggs left over from the holiday that I have to make use of ASAP. Anyone have any good recipe suggestions or ideas of ways to use them up??? There's got to be something I can cook to use them before they go bad!

deviled eggs!

Egg salad, yum! (Sorry, I don't have a recipe handy.)

I can't wait to hear other ideas as well, since I still have a dozen in my fridge too. Anyone know how long they will stay good?

I'm sure they will last up to 2 weeks. You can make some salads, like tuna salad & add a few to it, also make some pasta salad & throw a couple in there as well....HTH;)

ohhhh, I've been craving pasta salad... and I love hard boiled eggs too, so maybe I could make one filled with them :)

I NEVER make good egg salad, it always comes out too mushy... anyone have a good recipe they'd like to share?

My son and hubby like to eat them for snacks. But I suggest egg salad. YUMMY!

Here is my recipe.

4 hard boiled eggs
1tsp. mustard
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. mayo
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dill

Combine all ingredients and spread over crackers or bread.

Enjoy!

OhmyDLM said:
I NEVER make good egg salad, it always comes out too mushy... anyone have a good recipe they'd like to share?

It comes out mushy because you add too much mayo, try a little at a time....

You could also have a salad night, and have all kinds of toppings, cheese, bacon bits, sprouts, etc, and then chop up some of the egg as a topping!

spinach salad with them on top
my egg salad is super easyeggs diced
sliced green olives
green onions
mayo
salt & pepper

Teresa Lynn said:
spinach salad with them on top
my egg salad is super easy

eggs diced
sliced green olives
green onions
mayo
salt & pepper

YUM!! Dont we have a wilted spinach salad, I bet that would be nice as well, kind of like having bacon & eggs with some greens.....;)

I make my egg salad with:
mayo
mustard
old bayi usually just wing it with the measurements. Use 1 tsp mustard to 1/2 cup mayo. The mustard can really over power everything if you use to much.

I like making deviled eggs with bacon bits in them...Also on a recent thread people were sharing pickled egg recipes...let me go find that thread...

KellyTheChef said:
I second this recipe! Well...I was the orginal poster!! LOL Actually, I have a Mason jar with 12 of those Mustard Pickled Eggs in my frig right now! Nice thing about them, is they stay fresh FOR WEEKS because they are pickled! They are sooooooo yummy!

I really plan on trying this in about a week...

Why a week you ask? Well, our house is on a different schedule. DD LOVES to paint Easter eggs, but will not do them at Easter (her choice)...she lectures US that Easter is not about candy and bunnies and painted eggs and chocolate, it is about Jesus dying and raising from the dead. So she waits until after Easter and then wants to do eggs.

Mom of course isn't about to argue with that logic. So, we'll be doing our Easter eggs this weekend.

Besides, she got the flu Sunday night so I was SOOOOOO glad she wasn't painting eggs I may want to eat later!

I'm making Pickled Eggs with my leftover boiled eggs too - because the first batch I made for Easter are all gone, and I didn't get hardly any of them!

I make the beet pickled eggs though - DH doesn't like mustard, and my pickled egg recipe is a several generations tradition.

janetupnorth said:

Why a week you ask? Well, our house is on a different schedule. DD LOVES to paint Easter eggs, but will not do them at Easter (her choice)...she lectures US that Easter is not about candy and bunnies and painted eggs and chocolate, it is about Jesus dying and raising from the dead. So she waits until after Easter and then wants to do eggs.

Mom of course isn't about to argue with that logic. So, we'll be doing our Easter eggs this weekend.

Besides, she got the flu Sunday night so I was SOOOOOO glad she wasn't painting eggs I may want to eat later!

Sammie is wise beyond her years!

ChefBeckyD said:
Sammie is wise beyond her years!

She has kept me on my toes since she could talk! She is a very intuitive type person...always thinking about people and feelings and spiritual things...

Kyle is my analytical/object one and self-centered rather than focused on others...but he has a very kind personal side too...

janetupnorth said:

Awww...I love her heart!

I would make potato salad. I think my recipe only calls for 3-4 hard boiled eggs though.

Here is my Potato Salad recipe - it's a little more work, but the BEST ~ every time I make it to take someplace, I come back with an empty bowl, and now I just bring the recipe with me so I don't have to remember all of the people who asked me to give it to them!

Patio Potato Salad

Dressing
1/3 C. sugar
1 Tbl. cornstarch
1 teas. ground mustard
1 teas. salt
1/2 C. milk
1/4 C. vinegar
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 C. butter, cubed

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, mustard and salt. Stir in milk, vinegar, and beaten egg until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or til thick and bubbly. Cool.

Salad
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
1/4 C. finely chopped celery
1/4 C. Mayonnaise (NOT miracle whip!!!)
7 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 hard boiled egg, sliced for garnish

Stir onion, celery, and mayo into cooled dressing. In a large bowl, combine potatoes & eggs. (I leave one egg to decorate the top - slice it w/ the egg slicer and fan it out over the top of the bowl)
Add dressing to potatoes and eggs, and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Yield - 10-12 servings

Hmmmmm Yummmmm, I'll be trying this for sure! THANKS

Oh - and I forgot to add - I have cut the butter in half before, and it still tastes great. I noticed the difference, but no one else did.

here is another potato salad recipe I absolutly love

1pkg ranch dressing
mayo ( I dont measure)
potatoes and eggs
sometimes I add pickles
but everything is to taste for what I add in

Related to Creative Recipes for Leftover Hard Boiled Eggs

1. How do I make perfectly hard boiled eggs?

To make perfectly hard boiled eggs, start by placing the eggs in a pot and covering them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the eggs simmer for 10-12 minutes, then immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and make them easier to peel.

2. How can I easily peel hard boiled eggs?

The best way to easily peel hard boiled eggs is to gently crack the shell all over by tapping it on a hard surface. Then, roll the egg between your hands to loosen the shell. Finally, begin peeling from the wider end of the egg, as there is usually an air pocket that will help separate the shell from the egg white.

3. How long can I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge?

Hard boiled eggs can last up to one week in the fridge if they are kept in an airtight container. It is important to store them in the refrigerator as soon as possible after cooking and to discard any eggs that have been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.

4. How can I prevent hard boiled eggs from cracking while cooking?

To prevent hard boiled eggs from cracking while cooking, make sure to place them gently in the pot and to not overcrowd them. Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water can also help prevent cracking. It is also important to let the eggs come to room temperature before cooking, as this can help prevent cracking as well.

5. How can I tell if a hard boiled egg is still good?

A good way to tell if a hard boiled egg is still good is to spin it on a flat surface. If it spins easily, it is likely still good. Another way is to gently shake the egg near your ear - if you hear a sloshing sound, the egg is likely no longer good. Lastly, you can also peel the egg and check for any unusual odors or discoloration in the egg white or yolk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • pamperedalf
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • linojackie