• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Thread on "Baked" Hard Boiled Eggs

In summary, the thread method for making hard boiled eggs involves wrapping the eggs in thread before baking them to prevent cracking and ensure even cooking. Baking time varies, but it's best to check after 15 minutes and use any type of cotton thread. No water is needed in the pan and the eggs are done when they feel solid and do not make a sloshing sound when shaken, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
kam
Staff member
I am almost certain there was a thread on here in the last month about putting eggs in a muffin pan (?) and baking them in the oven for hard-boiled eggs. I am almost certain DebPC started it - but not 100% on it. I even think I commented - but now I cannot find it to save my life.

I have tried searching 10 ways to Sunday and nothing - nada!

I think the search is not working right. I even tried searching my username for posts in the last month and newer and it only came back with 3 results. And I know that is not right.

If anyone can find that post and let me know the link...I would appreciate it!

Over in Quick Tips. Here it is:

baked eggs.JPG

Thank you! :)

1. What is the purpose of using thread when making "baked" hard boiled eggs?

The thread method for making hard boiled eggs involves wrapping the eggs in thread before baking them. This helps to prevent the eggs from cracking and allows for a more even cooking process.

2. How long do I need to bake the eggs using this method?

The baking time for "baked" hard boiled eggs varies depending on the size and freshness of the eggs. Generally, it takes between 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It's best to start checking the eggs after 15 minutes and adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Can I use any type of thread for this method?

Yes, you can use any type of cotton thread for this method. Just make sure to wrap the eggs tightly and securely so that the thread does not unravel during the baking process.

4. Do I need to add water to the pan when baking the eggs?

It is not necessary to add water to the pan when baking the eggs using the thread method. The steam created from the eggs and the thread will provide enough moisture for them to cook properly.

5. How do I know when the eggs are done baking?

You can check if the eggs are done by gently shaking them. If they feel solid and do not make a sloshing sound, then they are most likely done. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of the egg to check for doneness. If it comes out clean, then the eggs are ready to be taken out of the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • kam