• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Show - Help Needed From Seasoned/Veteran Consultants

have a demo and a game. It sounds like a lot of people are saying that this group is huge and you won't be able to control the size of the group. My second thought would be to have a few different demos to choose from. For example, you could do a quikut knife demo, a citrus peeler demo, a potato demo, etc. This way, you can keep their attention for a little bit and then CHOOSE the one they want to buy. It sounds like you are really worried about not selling anything. But, remember, you are not there to sell, you are there to demo the products and tell the ladies
kcjodih
Gold Member
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to do a show the beginning of April for a group of 40 - 50 women. It is a ladies group that meets once every month and does something different each month. The woman who contacted me is my co-chair on the PTA at my children's school.

She just booked yesterday and then said she'd place an order tomorrow night for door prizes. I had full intention of giving a couple of prizes out like I do at all shows but she stated that the group has plenty of money in their 'reserve' and that they always purchase 10 door prizes for each meeting. Her goal for her PC show is to have fun and use the free product value to purchase more door prizes for future use. The dollar value for the 10 door prizes on the order she's giving me tomorrow is just over $110. Pretty awesome door prizes considering I give quikut knives and citrus peelers and sometimes a mini spatula.

My concern is how to do a demo for all these ladies. It will be held in the officer's mess on base and therefore there is lots of room and the ladies can gather around. But I've never done for a group this size and obviously can't start with my regular 'introduce yourself and tell me your favorite PC product'. I usually go from that to my story, thanking the host, the demo, other favorite or new products of mine, benefits to hosting, host monthly special and then a game, door prize slip, out comes the recipe and gather orders.

Any ideas how to run one of this size? I'm also concerned that it could end up following the company average so to speak and only being 1/3 to 1/2 the number invited. She insists it's always 40 - 50 though but then says .... "well, I hope you get some sales from it to make it worth your while but I don't want anyone feeling pressured. If I DO get any free product I'll buy future door prizes" ?!?!?!? Of course, I want sales!! HULLO! I"m not going there to do a show of this size for nothing! She has also suggested that I could bring an assistant and I thought of bringing a fellow consultant I'm close with and we could both be demo'ing the same recipe at opposite sides of the room and then split sales and bookings but with a comment like hopefully you'll get some sales I don't think that's a smart idea. I'm also concerned with tally time that I get through it quickly, but not TOO rushed since that's where the booking conversations happen. We only have from 6:30 - 7:30 to get ready and then the ladies have the room from 7:30 - 9:30

Any ideas from you seasoned consultants or anyone else who has done a crowd this size on how to run my evening..e.g..just demo, no demo, demo and game...display only, interactive area like my open house, host benefits, host specials, door prizes from me etc? ARRRRRGGGGG

Also, any idea what to serve or make if I do do a demo? She also stated that every month 10 people are assigned to bring eats so there WILL be plenty of food.

Helpppppppp!!!

I just did a show with 25 people, there is no way to keep that many people under control. If you want to do a demo I would stick to the potato demo and keep thier attention for about 5 minutes. Have whatever you are serving ready when you get there. Depending on the type of group ( does everyone know everyone else) I would still do the tell me your name and favorite PC product. Remember someone is more likely to buy at the recommendation of a friend. Introduce yourself last and mention a product that no one else has.

If you are concerned about the iffy sales, what about making it a fundraiser for a charity group that the women support. You will get less commision, but you could make up for it with bookings.

I don't do games, but you may want to have a orange peeling contest or another game that will keep thier attention.

Also make sure that you use your door prize slips so that you have everyone's information and you can follow up with the MAC calls.

I'm really just rambling off ideas that I have, so I hope this helps!

My Two CentsOk, so I am brand new, but I read your post and thought I would throw in my thoughts.

My first thought would be to do what you said in your post. Set up several tables in a semi-circle (where you can see them all and easily navigate) and bring lots of potatos! I would set up a different tool at each table with some cheap ingredients (potatos, carrots, some garlic to press, ginger to grate, etc) and let them have at it. I would demo the more expensive tools to up your sales. (the food chopper, U.Slice N Grate, garlic press, etc) then have a table with show items like the cookware, stoneware, etc and just let them browse and ask questions. If that many really show up, it will take you an hour just to get orders and possible bookings!

I think you found a great opportunity, but the best thing would be to keep it simple! Oh yeah, and offer to use your drawing slips for the door prizes that way if you don't get to everyone about booking, you can MAC them!

Goodluck and have FUN!

~Kristen ;)

Wow!Just this once let me live across our great country, I so want to be there with you. Let's just say... worst case scenario they don't buy anything and they don't book what will you focus on then to get there attention!. It still (amazeses) me, just when I think I lost my touch that someone calls me back after 17 invites and 12 phone calls to place an order. that someone spots my car logo that has been there for a year and a half. that my catchy ads don't seem to attract customers that someone will say "you are a hoot" lets book a show. Any oppurtunity to be there when they are thinking about placing an order is what matters.

BC will rock with Pampered Chef
Lorna

If the crowd gets out of hand...I "heard" this somewhere along the way...maybe on this site?

When I have a large or rowdy crowd that is just not paying attention to me, this is what I do:

I completely stop the demoing, and start OBVIOUSLY looking for something. I've even gotten down on my hands and knees under a table if just looking doesn't work. Eventually, someone will ask "what are you doing?", "can I help you?", or my personal favorite, "have you lost something?" At which point, I stand up, smooth myself, and say with a grin, "I seem to have lost control, could you help me find it?"

It always makes everyone laugh, no one is offended, and most of them realize they were being a little bit rude. I find it's much better than saying, "Listen up you nimcompoops! I'm trying to do my job here and teach you a few things!"

Hope that helps... :D

Not that I'm a seasoned pro after 6 months, by any means...but I feel like with a crowd that big, maybe an open house format is the way to go. Make everything ahead and make it look PRETTY on Simple Additions, the Woven Selections, New Traditions Stoneware, etc...then lay out your tools so people can see/touch them. Put the prep bowls out with M&Ms by the food chopper and a sign that says "TRY ME!", or chocolate chips and the deluxe cheese grater or bananas and the egg slicer plus, etc etc etc. Mill around and ask them what their favorites are and if there's anything they need to replace (like their cookware). Maybe recruit a friend or family member to help you take orders. Beg and borrow whatever you can from your recruiter/director/fellow consultants so you can show MORE MORE MORE! GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the replies...anyone else care to share what they've done or would do?

stand up introsMaybe at the beginning you could have people stand up when you ask questions....

Who owns a Pampered Chef product?
Who loves/hates to cook?
Who has a stone?, etc.

This would let people know who is a big user so they can talk to each other.

You could also say you'll donate $10 worth of future door prizes for every show booked. With a discount you wouldn't have to spend that much. Have a board with dates they can choose and bring to you when closing their order.

Take a computer to put in orders - it will be faster and more accurate.

Good luck...You'll do great.

i heard somewherethat when the crowd gets out of control just say,

And now our special guest, OPRAH ". That gets the attention.

Ok here goes....I have attended a bridal show that my director did for 30 people and it was pretty smooth...Ok here's what she did:

She was set up at a table to the front and everyone was seated to where they could see. She then went on to demo the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, it's a GREAT recipe. It's easy, it's pretty and you won't need lots of food. Have everything almost completely done before the show starts and just do a little chopping, slicing, talking, lots of talking on each product. Mention features, guarantees, and new items. Also do a game because that will be fun and keep their attention. You won't need an assistant. I'm sure plenty of ladies can help you at this big show and it's ok!!

I agree with someone else about setting up your products to look beautiful. They will sell themselves if you don't get a chance to talk about everything. Definitely mention the host benefits especially when you are mentioning the FREE product value will be used to purchase items for future meetings (ask them if they want citrus peelers for 75 cents at the next meeting or some really nice things).

Talk about bridal shows, (especially this time of the year), fundraisers for schools, churches, any organization, mention theme shows to spice up any Pc show! Go all out, it's a great crowd and you were invited so dont feel like you are pressuring anyone. They will love it! Just be yourself and have fun. MAke it like your regular shows only bigger.

Don't forget to have them all sign your door prize slips for a gift. Even though there are door prizes (mention they are PC products being given out tonight) you can always give someone a FREE season's best and a coupon that says FREE shipping on your order tonight. Talk about why you started Pc and you never know someone might want to do the same.

Debbie

I would also display flyers in a nice way about the new wedding registery, fundraisers, cooking shows (with host benefits), maybe the next couple of months host and guest specials, PC opportunity, ect.. Maybe you can pass some flyers around during the demo. Definately have everyone fill out a survey slip and maybe use them for the door prizes. That way you will have their info even if they don't place an order.

Try to greet people one on one as they arrive and ask them to fill out a name tag with thier name and thier favorite PC tool. With a group that size, your customers will do most of the selling for you.

Why couldnt you do a survivor them and have 4 groups do 2 with one recipe and 2 with another Then they get to "play" with the products. You don't get overwhelmed. Only have to talk a little bit about registries etc.. AnywayThen start orders while its cooking. Let them eat and finish up orders...I did that with a group of 20. Worked great. Bookings, nice sales, you name it

I like the last post with them preparing a recipe, of course you will really need to plan ahead for this, but it will be interactive and allow you to move easily from table to table. Ask the coordinator if this is the kind of group that would like something like this.

1. How can I prepare for a large Pampered Chef show?

The key to preparing for a large show is to plan ahead and be organized. Make a list of all the products you will need to bring, pack your supplies and samples the night before, and arrive early to set up your display. It's also important to review the host's guest list and reach out to any potential customers beforehand to generate interest in the show.

2. How should I handle sales at a large show?

It's important to have a system in place for collecting payments and keeping track of orders at a large show. Consider using a mobile payment app or having a designated area for guests to place their orders. You can also offer incentives for guests who place their orders during the show to help increase sales.

3. What tips do you have for engaging a large crowd at a show?

Engaging a large crowd can be challenging, but there are a few strategies you can use. Try incorporating interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, to keep guests engaged. You can also encourage guests to ask questions and share their own experiences with Pampered Chef products.

4. How can I handle a large amount of orders and deliveries after a show?

After a large show, it's important to have a system in place for processing and fulfilling orders. Consider setting up a designated time and location for guests to pick up their orders or offer delivery options for an additional fee. You can also recruit friends or family to help with packaging and delivering orders.

5. What are some effective ways to follow up with guests after a large show?

Following up with guests after a show is crucial for maintaining relationships and generating future sales. Consider sending a thank-you email or card to all guests who attended the show and offering a special promotion or incentive for future purchases. You can also reach out individually to guests who expressed interest in hosting their own show or becoming a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • Jennie50