• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a Show for a Marykay Rep This Wkend Help!

In summary, the speaker is going to a show swap with a Mary Kay girl and is worried about what to do to not upstage her. They suggest doing your normal show, but also suggesting a recruiting game if the host has guests. They also suggest talking to the hosting consultant.
ChefBurke
Silver Member
Ok so i traded shows with a marykay girl i met at a convention & got two bookings from her show!Yey!So i'm doing a show for one of the girls who is also a rep this weekend..I have seen people talking about the recruit WHY(do PC) bag with props,should i do this not to upstage MK but to show how great PC is & how it helps people with debt & such... what are some props i could put??Also..does anyone have a cookie recipe i could use to make & bag up as little door prizes?? any other ideas of inexpensive door prizes??
THANKS!!!

I'm actually meeting a Mary Kay rep today to swap shows with... I was a little nervous about it at first, but it seems ladies on here have had more good experiences than bad with doing a show swap so I'm going to give it a try. If you had a way to keep them cold oreo truffles would be a good idea mix 8 oz cream cheese with a pkge of oreo chopped finely, use your small scoop to make about 30 truffles put them in the freezer on wax paper on a bar board, melt bakers choc. (i just use the microwave kind) dip and put back in the freezer until set.... great little addictive treats. I used these for my bridal shower I had recently and they really liked them.

Ok ok... soo i dont have a scoop but could use the dipper im sure..so just mixing creamcheese with crushed oreo then how long do i let the first mixture sit in the freezer for b4 i put the bakers choc on it???would it be ok on the chillzane?

I'd say about 15 minutes in the freezer and the chillzanne would be perfect. That's what I carried mine in....be sure to make plenty for your family! They'll eat up all your prizes!

I've tryed to avoid doing recruit talks when I'm at another consultant for another company's show, becuase it's their friends.....but then, I had an MK rep do her fatty recruit spiel at the show I did for her with my, sooooo...I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't be too worried about it like I have been. However it did really frustrate me that she did that to my friends, so...I don't know. I've always just tried to be respectful...maybe I'm being too nice.Anyone else have thoughts on that???

Why Not?I say do your schpiel! It's your show! If you didn't know she was a rep for another company would you do it? Yes. So do what you normally do at your shows. I've done shows for reps from other companies and I have never had anyone complain when I did my recruiting talk. In fact, I had a $1000 show for a rep from Undercoverwear and I even got her some leads for her business!
At my shows I do the recruiting basket game. I pass around the meduim stainless bowl filled with door prizes then tell every guest they can ask me a question about the business. If they ask a question they get to take a prize. I have done this twice and I now have two potential recruits. People love free stuff, an this way, your not cramming the opportunity down their throats!

If you are going to do a recruting talk, I suggest not using the bag with props. MK girls are trained to use one at their shows, and that may open up for them to possibly get into a "whose company is better" debate. I'd go ahead and do your recruiting talk, but be subtle. I've heard of some bad experiences out there with MK girls and I would hate for you to be eaten alive by them!

I would say do your show normally. If you always do the bag, do it. If this is the first time, maybe wait until next show. Don't change your show because of the host, but this might not be the best show to start a new recuiting tool, especially if MK girls are trained to do it. All her friends have already been to her MK show, so you will just look like you copied and don't really know what you are talking about.

oh so no on the bag?

Every one of these businesses is different. What might work for one won't work for another. So if one of her friends who doesn't sell Mary Kay is there, you could be doing her a disservice by not offering her OUR opportunity!

Talk to the Mary Kay consultant hosting her show. Just work it out with her. I am sure that she will understand that to continue in our business, we must offer the opportunity to everyone, just like she does. Even if she asks you not to, you won't be stepping on her toes in front of her friends if you work it out with her before the show.

MamaChef said:
I've tryed to avoid doing recruit talks when I'm at another consultant for another company's show, becuase it's their friends.....but then, I had an MK rep do her fatty recruit spiel at the show I did for her with my, sooooo...I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't be too worried about it like I have been. However it did really frustrate me that she did that to my friends, so...I don't know. I've always just tried to be respectful...maybe I'm being too nice.

Anyone else have thoughts on that???

What in the world is a "fatty recruit spiel"? :confused:

I say do your normal show. The crowd might not be totally MK and you never know what someone is looking for.....just might be YOU and PC :)

Related to Doing a Show for a Marykay Rep This Wkend Help!

1. How do I host a successful Pampered Chef show for a Marykay rep?

To host a successful show for a Marykay rep, start by reaching out to your guests and inviting them to attend. Make sure to have a variety of products on display and offer a fun and interactive experience. You can also offer special promotions and incentives to encourage guests to make purchases.

2. What are some popular Pampered Chef products that would be great for a Marykay show?

Some popular Pampered Chef products that would be great for a Marykay show include our cookware sets, baking tools, and kitchen gadgets. These products make great gifts for the upcoming holiday season and can also be used to create delicious treats for a Marykay party.

3. How can I earn free products or discounts for hosting a Pampered Chef show for a Marykay rep?

By hosting a Pampered Chef show for a Marykay rep, you can earn free products or discounts through our generous host rewards program. The more sales made at your show, the more rewards you can earn. You can also receive exclusive discounts on our products as a thank you for hosting a successful show.

4. Can I customize my Pampered Chef show for a Marykay rep to fit a specific theme?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultants are happy to work with you and the Marykay rep to customize the show to fit a specific theme or occasion. Whether it's a holiday party, bridal shower, or girls' night, we can tailor the show to make it a memorable and enjoyable experience for all.

5. How do I place an order for Pampered Chef products at a Marykay show?

You can place an order for Pampered Chef products at a Marykay show by speaking with the consultant or hostess. They will have order forms available for you to fill out and submit. You can also order online through the consultant's personal website or by contacting them directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies