• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lapboards - Black or White? Worth It?

In summary, Kristi and Merrill's lapboards are nice, but Specialty Items' lapboards are better. Kristi also recommends filing the sharp corners of the cuts to avoid any tears in the pocket.
Kristina21
I am looking for lapboards in either the black or the white maybe both. If anyone has some that they don't use or want to get rid of let me know!

Oh! what is everyone's opinion about them as well? I want them but are they worth it?:)

for my lapboards I used binders that I cut the spine off

Kristi...

I made my own as well. I got cheap (.50 each?) 3 ring binders that have the pocket on the inside of the front and the back flap, also has the clear "full page" pocket on the outside.

That way, I have the pocket to put the catty and order form in, and in the full clear pocket, I put the host benefits flyer. I have heard of others putting the monthly special in there, but this way I am only changing them twice a year, makes it easier on me!

Kristi,

I have made my lapboards in the past but they finally wore out and never looked as nice as the ones I've since purchased. Merrill's are nice but the ones at this site are good too (not sure how the price compares).

Specialty Items

I do them exactly like Kelly and they look great - and are a couple years old. I got white binders from Staples - the 1//2 inch spine ones for .59 on sale. I put the flyer that has 3 months of host specials (from this website) in the clear full page pocket. In the other pocket I put a catalog, order form and the green ladies flyer.

Just make sure when you are cutting that you cut close to the BINDING part, so you don't expose the cardboard insides on your lap board.

Also, I took a rough nail file and filed down the corners, which were pretty sharp after I made the cuts.

Mine are a couple of years old, and only a few of them are showing wear. The "pocket" that I put the cattys in is tearing on a couple...and I had to throw one away cuz I cut too close, and the plastic ripped and the inside cardboard started showing.

If you are looking for lapboards try Specialty ItemsThey have black, red, and blue

I made my own too and really love using them. They come in especially handy when you're in a place that has no tables for folks to sit at... no more juggling catalog and order form and frustrated guests. LOL..

chefjeanine said:
Kristi,

I have made my lapboards in the past but they finally wore out and never looked as nice as the ones I've since purchased. Merrill's are nice but the ones at this site are good too (not sure how the price compares).

Specialty Items

I bought the red ones from Express Yourself and I love them! I'm not doing cooking shows anymore, only catalog, so if someone would like to buy mine, please PM me. I have 10 of them.

Thanks!

What are lapboards and how are they used?

Lapboards are portable cutting boards that can be used while sitting or standing. They are designed to protect surfaces and make food prep easier by providing a stable, non-slip surface for cutting, chopping, and other kitchen tasks. They can also be used as serving trays.

What is the difference between the black and white lapboards?

The black lapboard has a non-slip surface on both sides, making it perfect for use with wet or messy ingredients. The white lapboard has a smooth side and a textured side, allowing for versatility in food prep and presentation.

Are the lapboards worth the investment?

Yes, the lapboards are a great investment for anyone who loves to cook or entertain. They are durable, easy to clean, and can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen. They also come with a 3-year guarantee, so you can trust in their quality.

Can the lapboards be used with hot items?

Yes, both the black and white lapboards are heat-resistant up to 300°F, making them safe to use with hot pots, pans, and dishes straight from the oven or stovetop.

Do the lapboards come in different sizes?

Yes, the lapboards come in two sizes - large (15" x 11") and small (10" x 8"). This allows for flexibility in food prep and makes it easier to find the right size for your kitchen space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LaureNJohn
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LaureNJohn
  • schenectady90241
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • atpchef