• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kickoff Show Recipe Suggestions

I work with to start out with just using the recipes that are in their kit. You can do lots of shows with just those recipes. I still do a lot of those recipes at my shows and I have been doing this for 3 years.In summary, for the kick-off show, it is recommended to use the recipes provided in the starter kit and practice the cards. If the consultant does not feel comfortable demonstrating the mandoline, they can cut the tomatoes ahead of time or watch a demo video on Consultant's Corner. Other recipe options using just tools from the starter kit can also be found in the Season's Best cookbooks. It is important to become comfortable with the tools and use this as an opportunity to
smama07
Hello! I'm new here and I'm a new consultant. I have my kickoff show next week, and I'm having a hard time finding a recipe for my show! I know there's the artichoke cups, strawberry amaretto pastry and garden veg pizza....but is there anything else anyone could suggest?

I made the pizza and it was delicious, but I realized I don't want to demonstrate the mandoline because I wasn't very graceful while using it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm getting really nervous...

Thanks so much!

:confused:

you can still do the pizza, just cut the tomatoes ahead of time with the mandoline and then talk about it at your party. And practice - once you get it working, you'll love it. Just be sure to use firm tomatoes.

Congrats and Welcome!

Do you have the Deep Covered Baker?

If not, you can do the California Club Pizza or the Spinach Alfredo Pizza. There's also the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. The tomato & basil squares is another option or the Chicken Club Squares.

On Consultant's Corner, under recipe search, you can type in Large Bar Pan as the tool of choice, and a WHOLE bunch will appear. If you go to files here on Chef Success, and type "bar", there's a booklet of recipes you can review.

smama07 said:
Hello! I'm new here and I'm a new consultant. I have my kickoff show next week, and I'm having a hard time finding a recipe for my show! I know there's the artichoke cups, strawberry amaretto pastry and garden veg pizza....but is there anything else anyone could suggest? I made the pizza and it was delicious, but I realized I don't want to demonstrate the mandoline because I wasn't very graceful while using it.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm getting really nervous...Thanks so much! :confused:
For your kick-off show I think you should Keep It Simple! Your kit came with verbage for you to say and at what point in your show. You have a complete outline. Those tools were designed to make you more comfortable at your first few shows. Practice the cards. Do those recipes until you feel at ease then start experimenting with other recipes. That's my opinion. Don't drive yourself crazy with the recipe!!

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
For your kick-off show I think you should Keep It Simple! Your kit came with verbage for you to say and at what point in your show. You have a complete outline. Those tools were designed to make you more comfortable at your first few shows. Practice the cards. Do those recipes until you feel at eases then start experimenting with other recipes. That's my opinion. Don't drive yourself crazy with the recipe!!

I agree. Just keep practicing with the UM - and I think there is a training you can watch in the online training center that may really help you learn how to use it!

There's a demo video on CC that you can watch. It gives some pointers in using the mandoline. I struggled w/ the mandoline at my first show and wished that I had known to look for that tutorial. :D If you really don't want to do that recipe, look through the SB cookbooks. The last 2 recipes in each section (app., main dish, dessert) are made using just tools from the starter kit. So, each season you'll be introduced to new recipes just using the kit. So technically, you'd never need to purchase any other products to have for demos. (I use the word "so" too much, I know! :blushing:) But of course, we all buy tons of products. The Deep Covered Baker is a fantastic item to buy with your PC bucks!

Becky and ChefKearns make an excellent point. You do want to practice with your tools and become comfortable with them. It'll help you at your shows when you tell them what you had problems with and how you figured it out. The mandoline is a great seller so use it when you get a chance, and take the time to make it into a mini mandoline class.

When I started, I already had the DCB and was not interested in the garden pizza for a show demo. It was MONTHS later that I tried it, and LOVED it. It's a good show recipe and guests get to play with most everything in your kit.

Gave you alternate recipes since you were looking for them, and I wanted to point out other resources for you....another thing that I did not discover for a couple of months.

Wishing you lots of success!

Yes - I encourage all of my new consultants to start with the Garden Pizza. It shows all of the best products in your kit, you get a great show outline in your kit to use with it, and people are always impressed with it!

Plus, you don't have to stress about not having the right products for a demo. I love love love that PC has it planned out so that you don't NEED any other products other than your kit to do a great demo. This means that you don't have to spend any more money other than the kit price to get started. I always encourage my consultants (they don't always listen!) to wait until they have PC $$ or a paycheck before they buy more products/supplies. Or to host a Grand Opening show, and use their host free product and 50% off items to build their kit.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - I encourage all of my new consultants to start with the Garden Pizza. It shows all of the best products in your kit, you get a great show outline in your kit to use with it, and people are always impressed with it!

Plus, you don't have to stress about not having the right products for a demo. I love love love that PC has it planned out so that you don't NEED any other products other than your kit to do a great demo. This means that you don't have to spend any more money other than the kit price to get started.

I always encourage my consultants (they don't always listen!) to wait until they have PC $$ or a paycheck before they buy more products/supplies. Or to host a Grand Opening show, and use their host free product and 50% off items to build their kit.

Yup, Yes, Exactly! :D

I agree with Laurie and Becky too. I have been doing this for 2.5 months now and I love the pizza. I'll admit, I threw a cheese square across my kitchen at my grand opening show...but I just laughed it off and so did everyone else! The Pizza really is a great recipe to make! It showcases every product in the kit...and you can let everyone help you! When you let people use the UM they aren't so intimidated by it either! hehe!
and you could always use the Pink tomato knife to cut your tomatoes??? But they really are easy to do on the UM w/ the right attachment in!
Just play with it some! Make some pizzas for your family! You can do it girl!
Good luck!
~Abigail

There is also the ham and cheese calzone, I made this my first month of doing shows.
Its very easy, and a big hit to the guests :]

I'm still kind of new and I agree with the Pizza. It really does show off all the tools in the kit and I had lots of sales from my first shows with the recipe. The UM was a challenge and I made some jokes about it being like a tv cooking show, but I am better with it now. It does take some getting used to but love it and have sold a few at recent shows. Practice with it and go slowly at first. It's a great product and once people see that, they will want it for their kitchen.

Wow thanks everyone for the great advice! I agree with keeping it simple. For some reason I feel like I have to go all out for this 1st show, but I need to take a step back and realize this is only the 1st show...

I'm going to continue to work with the mandoline. I think it's a great product and I like how it is designed to only work when you use the food guard (except for the grater). If I end up doing the pizza, I'll probably just slice the tomatoes before the show. I guess I'm just beginning to get nervous that I'll mess something up and make a complete fool of myself! :)

Thanks again everyone for the advice...this is such a great forum. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and I've learned a lot from all of you.

To help you with those nerves.....

It's completely natural to be nervous, it becomes easier. Mistakes will happen, it's ok. No show goes off without a hitch, at least none of mine have thus far. :D Roll with it and have fun, your guests will appreciate it. Remember, it's your friends and family so that may help. Also, let everyone know it's your 1st show and how you appreciate they're there to help you kick off your business. Everyone is sweet and helpful when they learn it's your 1st. Use your guests with PC knowledge. They can answer questions you may not know, and they'll all share other tips. This helps you gain more knowledge and tips for your future shows, AND guests are selling the products for you. Guests will trust other guests since they expect you the consultant to gush about our products.

Lastly, the recipes are great BUT not the star of the show....it's just the vehicle to highlight our products, which are the stars. =)

Have fun and may it be a FABULOUS and successful show!

babywings76 said:
T... look through the SB cookbooks. The last 2 recipes in each section (app., main dish, dessert) are made using just tools from the starter kit. So, each season you'll be introduced to new recipes just using the kit. So technically, you'd never need to purchase any other products to have for demos. (I use the word "so" too much, I know! :blushing:) But of course, we all buy tons of products. The Deep Covered Baker is a fantastic item to buy with your PC bucks!

Amanda, I didn't realize this! How great PC is. This kind of thought would let someone be a successful consultant without buying more tools, and is a great point to make to potential recruits....who may be concerned about how much they would need to bring.

I love my PC toys, but it is great to let people know they don't need all the stuff their consultant has.

Thanks

Marghi

Thanks for the advice Laurie! :)

I love the Pizza idea to! It really was a great starter recipe for me. I cut the tomatoes with the utility knife to. But I did use the Mandolin for the Cheese. Just put the cheese in the Freezer for 15 min before you use it. It will make it soooo much easier to work with at your show!!!!
People are really impressed with that tip to!

Also, the Artichoke Cups are sooo yummy to! I am actually going back to this one for June. It is a nice light appetizer for summer. And my guest love the microplane for the zest and love the lemon taste!
But again, I would use the mandolin for the mozza cheese (using the freezer)

Good Luck on your Kick Off!!!! You'll do great!

What is the Recipe for Kickoff Show?

The Recipe for Kickoff Show is a cooking demonstration and party hosted by Pampered Chef consultants to showcase our products and recipes to potential customers.

How do I book a Recipe for Kickoff Show?

To book a Recipe for Kickoff Show, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you.

What types of recipes are featured in the Recipe for Kickoff Show?

The Recipe for Kickoff Show features a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more. Our consultants will also customize the recipes to fit any dietary restrictions or preferences.

Can I earn free products by hosting a Recipe for Kickoff Show?

Yes, as a host of a Recipe for Kickoff Show, you can earn free products and discounts based on the sales generated during the event. Our consultants can provide more information on the host rewards program.

Do I need to purchase anything to attend a Recipe for Kickoff Show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at a Recipe for Kickoff Show. However, if you are interested in any of our products or recipes, our consultants will be available to assist you with placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
thepartylady
  • smilesarepriceless