• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?

In summary, Lisa is reporting that there is a lot of damage and trouble due to the recent weather conditions. Schools will not resume until Tuesday and many areas are still without power.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I hear the weather is pretty bad there. Check in and let us know you are okay.

I can only think of chefgirl2 and yakmama (something like that) Who else?

Luckily, the temps are going to be near 50 today and it has been warming up enough since last night to get some of the ice out of the trees. It's been a mess and they are saying that just here in Louisville alone, there are still 95,000 without power.

oops - forgot about you Erin. Glad you are okay.

I live in NW Arkansas and we were hit hard by the ice also...I think we had about 2 inches. It looks like a warzone with all broken trees and damage caused by falling branches and trees. I heard that at one point we had about 150,000 without power. I was without power for the most part of 5 days. It would be on for a few hours and then out for several hours. It is back on now for the 4th time in 5 days and I'm just hoping it stays on! My neighbor is on a different power grid than me and I can see his power line laying across the back of his fence.

Man, what a mess we've had--schools have been closed since last Tuesday, and will be again tomorrow--they just can't get the roads cleared, and some schools have had leaks and damage. It's really frustrating, because the power company will get one section back on, and then the ice will melt or a branch will move and the power gets knocked right back out. We had about 4 inches of snow, then an inch and a half of ice, and then three more inches of snow. It is worse than when the remnants of hurricane Ike came thru in September. We are so lucky--we never lost power, but with the warm up and rapid thaw that's come today, we're having water in our basement. Some entire counties in the western part of the state are TOTALLY without power--no water, no gas stations. It really is a terrible situation. It's the worst power outage ever in the state--at the worst, 205,000 customers were without power in Louisville alone. Needless to say, there's not a lot of shows or bookings going on around here right now! Everybody's trying to stay dry and warm--thanks so much for asking!!--Lisa

Linda - you are just tooo freakin cute! How nice to think of all our CS'ers - I didnt even look at the weather across the nation - too fed up with NY weather!! Hope you guys are all safe !

Well, they have announced that schools will not resume until Tuesday. We are kind of waiting to see what the weather will bring for us. It's calling for snow tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. I really hope it doesn't get nasty again. Our poor kids have to make up every single day that they miss. We are already looking at going two weeks past our original last day of school due to missing an entire week because of the remnants of Hurricane Ike causing major power outages in September.

Thanks for thinking of us!!

Hey Erin, luckily here in Scott County, they gave them 8 snow days, so we won't have to make up as much. Of course, we are already past the 8 days. I am hoping that the snow will miss us this week. We need to get thawed out first!

mpkegley said:
Hey Erin, luckily here in Scott County, they gave them 8 snow days, so we won't have to make up as much. Of course, we are already past the 8 days. I am hoping that the snow will miss us this week. We need to get thawed out first!

Our superintendent is wanting the Governor to waive some of our make up days. We are now looking at our last day being June 3, which takes away two weeks from summer break.

BTW, my DH and I lived in Georgetown the first year we were married. We left in winter of 1998 and finally made it there for a visit last winter. Boy has it grown!

I am north of you guys so we didn't get the ice as bad. But I am exicted that my kids are back in school today!

We're doing pretty good near Lex. A lot of friends and neighbors with no power- but we were lucky. We did lose a tree, though. Thanks for checking in!

We are okay, too. We lost a lot of trees, but luckily our power stayed on. I had house guests until for several nights. Some of my sisters still do not have power. The most frustrating part is I had several shows postpone or not close. It kills me not to get those double point! So far, Louisville has not been declared a natural disaster by FEMA.

But my problems are nothing compared to those in Leitchfield, KY. They were hit Hard! 100% of the town lost power! One of my girls lost part of her house when a tree fell down. She and her family have been living at her mother's home with 2 other families. They have to drive out a bit just to get cell service. Since she lives several miles from the city it will be 5-6 weeks before they can get to her home to restore the power. Who knows how long it will be before they can move back...

Her name is Trinitii, so keep her in your prayers.

erinb said:
Our superintendent is wanting the Governor to waive some of our make up days. We are now looking at our last day being June 3, which takes away two weeks from summer break.

BTW, my DH and I lived in Georgetown the first year we were married. We left in winter of 1998 and finally made it there for a visit last winter. Boy has it grown!

Oh wow! I have lived here since 2003, but was here some several years before and I know what you mean!

Related to Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?

What is the purpose of "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?"

"Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" is a team of independent consultants for Pampered Chef based in Kentucky. We provide cooking demonstrations, offer product recommendations, and help customers host parties to earn free and discounted products.

How do I become a consultant for "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?"

To become a consultant for "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?", you can contact one of our team members and they will guide you through the process. You can also sign up directly on the Pampered Chef website and choose "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" as your team.

Do I have to live in Kentucky to join "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?"

No, you do not have to live in Kentucky to join our team. We welcome consultants from all over the country to be a part of "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" and help spread the Pampered Chef mission.

What are the benefits of hosting a party with "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?"

Hosting a party with "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" is a fun and easy way to earn free and discounted products. Our team will bring the products, provide cooking demonstrations, and offer personalized recommendations to help you find the perfect Pampered Chef items for your kitchen.

Can I join "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" if I have no prior experience with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can join "Kentucky Consultants - Ya'll Okay?" regardless of your experience with Pampered Chef products. Our team will provide training and support to help you become a successful consultant and share your love for Pampered Chef with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dannyzmom