• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Customer's Check

In summary, the check writer may not have been aware of any outstanding balances on the account, so writing the check now is all the bank can say is good. The check writer may have left the date off of the check as an oversight, but it is okay for the author to write it in. The author is cautious about cashing the check without confirming the date, as there is a risk of check fees.
jesusluvsu2005
Okay, I have a check from a customer. The host is a friend of mine and I am assuming the check writer is a friend of hers. The check gave me a bad vibe because it is written on a bank in another town and the lady now lives here. So I called the bank and checked. The lady said it is good right now. Well, maybe I read too much into it but it seemed like she was saying it might not be good long. KWIM? What do you all think? Also, the lady left the date off of the check. I'm not super comfortable with writing the date. Is it okay for me to do that or should I get a hold of this woman or my host and get the date filled in? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

She signed the check, so I personally would go ahead and date it. (Any bankers out there? Please tell us if this is wrong.) Then I'd cash it quickly if your gut feels you should.

I agree, write in the date and cash as when you can. As far as the banker's comment, I used to work in the banking world, the reason she said right now is because she doesn't know of any outstanding checks or debits that may be coming through. All she sees is what is the current balance and if it covers the check today that is all she can say.

I agree. I used to work as a teller and that's all we were allowed to say! It didn't mean we felt it may not be good later, just that it was good now. We couldn't make a guarantee. KWIM?

Thank you all! I just get very worried about check fees if they're not good. I haven't had it happened yet. It almost did but I had a bad feeling about the check and called and it was indeed bad. I need to try not to stress out so much. But money is very tight. Thanks everyone!
God bless,
Amanda

1. How long does it take for a customer's check to clear?

The time it takes for a check to clear can vary depending on the specific bank and their policies. Typically, it can take 2-3 business days for a check to clear and for the funds to be available in your account.

2. Can I use a personal check to pay for my order?

Yes, we accept personal checks as a form of payment. However, please keep in mind that the order will not be processed until the check clears and the funds are received.

3. Is there a limit on the amount I can pay with a check?

There is no limit on the amount you can pay with a check. However, if the amount is significantly higher than your usual order, we may require additional verification before processing the payment.

4. What happens if my check bounces?

If your check bounces, there may be additional fees charged by your bank. Our policy is to charge a $25 fee for any returned checks. We will also hold any future orders until the payment is resolved.

5. Can I cancel a check payment after I have already sent it?

If you wish to cancel a check payment, please contact us as soon as possible. If the check has not yet been processed, we will cancel it and you can provide an alternative form of payment. However, if the check has already been processed, we are unable to cancel the payment and you will need to wait for the funds to be returned to your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • maryhenderlite
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
maryhenderlite
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies