• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director This Is a New One....trying to Figure Out What to Say Next...

In summary, the host's friend wrote a post-dated check for the host to deposit, but the host had already deposited the check the day of the show. The host's account will also be charged if the check is bad, and the host tries to negotiate with the guest to eat the bounced check fee.
{{{HUGS}}} Becky! I'm saying some prayers for you! :pray:

Seriously - these are two very crazy women. CRAZY. First, I called the guest and talked to her. I let her know that I wasn't responsible for her bounced check fees. She says "I asked Sarah when she would be closing her show, and she said that it was okay to date my check for that date and that the check wouldn't be cashed til then. I just want my money back." She then told me that she'd post dated the check for the 26th, and since we were supposed to be closing the show on the 20th, so the check would have probably bounced anyway. I said to her "But you bounced a check - that's the fee you pay." And she said very loudly "NO I DID NOT BOUNCE A CHECK AND I WANT MY $30.00"I let her know what I could do, and that I would cancel her order and give her back the $97 of the original check. She said that was fine, do that, and she hung up.
OKAAAAYYYY....So then I called the host. She didn't answer. I left her message with the info on what the guest and I had talked about. Instead of calling me back - she sent me this email (the bolded part I did):Her check would not have bounced if there was money in her account. It was dated for the 24th. I have the carbon. Her bank confirmed with me the date on the check doesn't matter-its whether or not the funds are available(I have worked at 2banks before and I as well can confirm that). Please do not involve me anymore if she has cancelled her order. Its stressing me out. The show is supposed to be fun and I'm not having any fun with this. Its over now. Just let me know where I stand with my show total so I know what I can order. Thank you for calling her and settling the matter.So seriously - this woman has worked at two banks and somehow she still thinks that I am the one responsible for someone else's bounced check fees? And then to ask me not to involve her anymore - when SHE has been the one inserting herself into the middle of this all along. I would have NEVER involved her in it to begin with!!!

Uggg. What a circus. Quick get her order and end it. ...and never look back.

bethcooks4u said:
Uggg. What a circus. Quick get her order and end it. ...and never look back.

AMEN to that!!!

Working on closing the show as we type. :)

bless and release... you can't teach a pig to sign... it pisses off the pig and makes you look stupid!

BIG (((hugs))) girl! I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all this crap. :(

Wow Becky, that's insane! Power to you for holding up so well and sorry you were on the never ending merry go round of lunacy! Glad you stuck to your guns because that took courage and dignity. So now what's up with the mom's show?

Good for you for standing your ground. We are naturally people who aim to please and we try to correct any errors that come along the way...we are human too. But this guest takes the cake, frosting and entire kitchen as well.

In her mind she needs a "fall guy" other than herself. She is not taking personal responsibility for her own hot mess. You and Pampered Chef losing this whack job as a customer is for the better. She probably needs the $97 to cover the other bounced check fees.

It stings at first but realize the sting is human then bless and release. Call a really good and loyal customer for a customer care call. That is the best ointment to heal the sting. And those loyal customers are the very people that will bring the joy back into your business.

Hang in there...we are with you.:candyheart:

So I put the scenario out on my group's FB page just to see what they would do if faced with this type of situation ... before telling them what you did to resolve it. One of the newbies posted this:
I would tell the host that I would rather resolve this with the guest. I would then call the guest and just tell her that while I am sorry about the miscommunication, I can not give her money for the overdraft fees. I would also share with her the benefits of being a consultant and offer the business. I would tell her I have been in her shoes and how becoming a consultant has eliminated that part of my life.....If she is still delusional then I would tell her TOUGH COOKIES LADY, NOW BEAT IT!! :)

I especially love the BEAT IT part!!! Great post.

As I read through all this I was so worried that HO was going to give her some sort of gift to make her happy -- yay HO!

It sounds like you are canceling her order, a blessing, I think. Can you impagine having to deal with her in the future with her products - ugh! GOOD RIDDANCE! I would not only cancel her order but delete her name from my database. That always makes me feel so good! :D

Sandi

Sheila said:
So I put the scenario out on my group's FB page just to see what they would do if faced with this type of situation ... before telling them what you did to resolve it. One of the newbies posted this:

That was an interesting response. But after what I had been through with this person, there is NO WAY I would want her on my team.

Up until the very end - when HO actually told her that it had to be between her and me, she refused to talk to me. She wanted the host to do the talking for her. They work together, and when I would call, she would always have the host talk to me. Very childish on top of everything else. And if it wasn't my fault, then she was all set to blame the host for being the one to tell her that it wouldn't go through until the show closed. Ummmm, yeah - I don't need that on my team. Anyone who would fight that hard to get someone else to pay for their mistakes is not someone I want to be dealing with on a regular basis.

I don't think that I'd have thought about asking her to join my team either. I thought it was interesting that a newbie would go right to that when none of us did! LOL

Oh Becky... I'm just reading this for the first time. I am SO sorry but SO IMPRESSED with YOU and the way you handled this!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Sheila