• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Bounced Check - Anyone Have a Letter?

In summary, Linda has a bounced check issue she's dealing with right now. She's trying to get in touch with the host, but the host said she wasn't surprised because this girl has done it in past. Finally talked to the host and she said that she wasn't surprised either because the girl has a history of writing hot checks. Linda went to the bank and it still isn't good so she's going to keep going to the bank. She's going to send a certified letter to the girl about the bounced check.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have a bounced check issue I'm dealing with right now. She's dodging me too. Finally talked to the host and she said she wasn't surprised as this chick has done it in past (to her!) she had hoped she was over it. Anyhow, I can't get in touch with her (she WAS supposed to do a show with me too - I'm guessing that's out - host said not to expect it either). Went to the bank and it still isn't good. I'm going to keep going to her bank, but in the meantime I wanted to send her a certified letter about it...anyone have a good one I can borrow?

Linda... each state's law and how they deal with it is different so if you google something like Bounced Check Georgia and check your state's website, that will tell you what course of action to take.In MI, they have a letter we can download along with a brochure to send certified to the person.Hope that helps! And sorry this happened to you! Poo on her!

I agree. Search it online to see the proper steps. In Texas, you send them a certified letter. If they fail to respond, you can then file "theft by check" charges on them. ;)

:grumpy: Oh, and be sure to thank that wonderful host who knew that her guest was prone to writing hot checks but failed to mention that to you BEFORE you took the check!
angrywife.gif

WOW - now that's a to the point letter! I'm going to her bank again tomorrow, if it doesn't clear, I'm sending the letter. This is the letter that I'm supposed to follow:

State of Georgia-Example

Date: ______________________________________

To: ________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________

City: _______________________________ State: _____ Zip: ________

You are hereby notified that a check or instrument numbered ________, issued by you on ____________ (date), drawn upon ____________ (name of bank), and payable to ____________, has been dishonored. Pursuant to Georgia law, you have ten days from receipt of this notice to tender payment of the full amount of the check or instrument plus a service charge of $20.00 or 5 percent of the face amount of the check or instrument, whichever is greater, the total amount due being $ ________. Unless this amount is paid in full within the ten-day period, the holder of the check or instrument may file a civil suit against you for two times the amount of the check or instrument, but in no case more than $500.00, in addition to the payment of the check or instrument plus any court costs incurred by the payee in taking the action.

Name of Sender: __________________________________

Address: _________________________________________

City: ______________________________ State: _____ Zip: _________

Telephone: _______________________________________

Oh - and I failed to mention that she's a Mary Kay consultant....she should know better!

Sheila said:
I agree. Search it online to see the proper steps. In Texas, you send them a certified letter. If they fail to respond, you can then file "theft by check" charges on them. ;)

:grumpy: Oh, and be sure to thank that wonderful host who knew that her guest was prone to writing hot checks but failed to mention that to you BEFORE you took the check!
angrywife.gif

I talked to the host today. I really didn't want to involver her as it really isn't her business, but once this girl started dodging me I felt I owed her nothing for her privacy. (I called her this morning, someone answered her phone, didn't say anything, but I heard the breathing, once I said hello they hung-up. Been going to voice mail ever since. I just tried calling from my cell, still voice mail....grrr!

This host said it was several years ago that it happened to her, she was hoping that this girl had changed - evidently not. Geeze! She's in Direct Sales too.....all I can say is "what goes around, comes around" karma is a bitch so she better watch out.

In almost 5 yrs I've only had a couple of bounced checks, they were honest mistakes and were made good immediately. I know that people make mistakes, but good grief - own it.

pamperedlinda said:
I know that people make mistakes, but good grief - own it.

That's how I felt about my crazy host who never mailed the checks after all I went through with her.

I FINALLY got a contact me submission from my website from one of the guests saying she couldn't get in touch with the host either. I called immediately and explained what happened and the guest was really nice about it thankfully.

Seriously though... own it!!!!

LOVE the official letter! LOLI bet she'll be ticked off at you from now on. ;)

Sheila said:
...I bet she'll be ticked off at you from now on. ;)

I don't care, she evidently doesn't care about me or my bank account. But she seems to have no problem keeping the Pampered Chef products....bet she'll think of me every time she uses them too..... :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
but once this girl started dodging me I felt I owed her nothing for her privacy. (I called her this morning, someone answered her phone, didn't say anything, but I heard the breathing, once I said hello they hung-up. Been going to voice mail ever since. I just tried calling from my cell, still voice mail....grrr!
I hate when people do this! I mean is it really that hard to talk to me? Good Luck!!!

finley1991 said:
Linda... each state's law and how they deal with it is different so if you google something like Bounced Check Georgia and check your state's website, that will tell you what course of action to take.

In MI, they have a letter we can download along with a brochure to send certified to the person.

Hope that helps! And sorry this happened to you! Poo on her!

I did not know that in MI! Thanks Colleen.:)

after leaving several unresponded to phone messages and emails for her, last night I posted a message on her fb wall - just said "Hey Kelly, please call me when you have a minute, I need to talk to you".... and my friend (the host) also left a fb wall msg that said "Kelly, have you talked to Linda, she's trying to get in touch with you" well, she deleted both and sent me this fb message:

Linda - I am so sorry - I have been busy with my daughter getting ready for college and another daughter that is getting ready to compete doing barrel racing. Kids keep us going which I am sure you understand. We have been spending lots of time at the barn and my service doesn't work so well at times and for some reason - having problems with Verizon - go figure.
I checked with the bank when you called me and I had a transaction that cleared my bank that was not authorized and had to dispute it thru the bank - I apologize. I was unaware!
You can either go by my bank on Friday or I can drop by or mail you either a cashiers check or money order - you just let me know.
Again - sorry for the inconvience!

So, I'll pop by her bank tomorrow (today too since I'll be in the area....and it won't hurt to get to know those tellers ;) ) if it still isn't good by tomorrow then I'll send the letter. And, the cell phone excuse is just that. I have Verizon and it's the best phone service in this area, I never have a problem....unless she has a crappy phone....

Back in '04 I switched to Verizon because they were rated #1 by Consumer's Report! :D My AT&T phone worked great in Dallas, but as soon as I moved to Florida I was VERY unhappy with the service. I'm sure many things have changed in 6 years, but Verizon definitely WAS a great service back in '04.I guess if her barn is in the country ... that might explain spotty service. ;)Hopefully it will all be resolved soon for you. I really do think that if she had an unauthorized transaction on her account that she would have contacted you immediately mad about the transaction. I'm guessing it's probably a fib since she avoided you. But you could test her & suggest that she has the BANK pay your returned check fees that you assessed. LOL

Sheila said:
.....But you could test her & suggest that she has the BANK pay your returned check fees that you assessed. LOL

Thanks! I'll add this to the response I'm sending her.

I love this thread...I was burned once and let it go...NEVER again. I thought the woman had moved out of the area but was SO glad to see her gainfully employeed at my gyno's office complex. The look on her face as I happily greeted her and looked her in the eyes was priceless. I have not been in a position to talk to her out side of her work place but she did put an order in with someone's party and was short on the cash (she KNEW better than to give me a check). So I politely took something off her order (no contact info was on her OOF) and returned her change to her with a polite note about why I did what I did with her current order. Hope she choked on my professional manner! Normally I am not spiteful but she prayed on my sympathies, ignored my calls and played me like a fiddle. No more.

I agree with Sheila... I think if that would have happened she would have contacted you asap.

Ann, you are a lot more nice than me! I would have taken the money for the 2nd order & applied it to her past due bill for the 1st order! Unless it was more, then I'd have sent her the change & suggested that when she's not "short of money" then she can re-do her order for show #2 with appropriate payment accompanying the OOF.
devil2.gif

Sheila said:
Ann, you are a lot more nice than me! I would have taken the money for the 2nd order & applied it to her past due bill for the 1st order! Unless it was more, then I'd have sent her the change & suggested that when she's not "short of money" then she can re-do her order for show #2 with appropriate payment accompanying the OOF.
devil2.gif

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Update: Check was good today! woot woot, I got my money :money:

pamperedlinda said:
Update: Check was good today! woot woot, I got my money :money:

YAY!!!!! :party:

Congrats Linda! :D

2sgn045congratulations.gif

Great news, Linda!

What is a bounced check?

A bounced check, also known as a returned check, is a check that has been deposited or cashed but is returned by the bank due to insufficient funds in the account or other reasons.

Why did I receive a bounced check letter?

You received a bounced check letter because the check you wrote to someone has been returned by the bank. This letter serves as a notification that the check has bounced and provides instructions for resolving the issue.

What should I do if I receive a bounced check letter?

If you receive a bounced check letter, you should contact the person you wrote the check to and apologize for the inconvenience. You should also make arrangements to pay the amount owed, plus any additional fees that may have been incurred.

Can I dispute a bounced check letter?

Yes, you can dispute a bounced check letter if you believe there is an error or if you have proof that the check was not returned due to insufficient funds. You should contact the bank and provide any relevant documentation to support your case.

What are the consequences of writing a bounced check?

The consequences of writing a bounced check may include fees from the bank and the recipient, possible legal action, damage to your credit score, and difficulty in obtaining future bank accounts or loans. It is important to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid further consequences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pc_momof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom