• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kacey's Famous Lemon Bars: A Kitchen Diva's Tip for the Perfect Dessert

Kitchen Diva's tip:In summary, Kitchen Diva recommends using a glass pan for the best results for these delicious lemon bars. She also suggests adding the zest of one lemon to both the crust and filling for extra flavor. Additionally, using a glass 9x13 pan and avoiding browning the filling too much are key to achieving the perfect texture. Enjoy!
merego
Kitchen Diva's tip:

Best if using a glass pan :)

Attachments

• lemon bars.pdf
    578.9 KB · Views: 391
The look DELISH and YUMO! I am trying to remember if Kacey liked Rachel Ray or not in the other thread, haha!

I can't remember, there were alot of RR haters :)

merego said:
Kitchen Diva's tip:

Best if using a glass pan :)

Here are two more tips. Add the zest of one lemon to the crust and the zest of one lemon to the filling. After I wrote this recipe card out, I've been adding more and more each time I make them, and I personally like them best with a full zested lemon in the crust and filling. And this is if you DOUBLE THE RECIPE, if not, the zest of one lemon split between the crust and filling will work fine for the 9x9 pan which is what the recipe calls for. I make a 9x13 because these are DH's favorite and they don't last long. :)

And for some reason, these turn out best in a glass 9x13 pan. I've tried them in everything else, even our stoneware, and glass works the best.

Don't let the filling get too brown on top...it can get a little color, but if it get's too golden, it'll be hard and dry.

Enjoy them!!

Last edited:
jrstephens said:
The look DELISH and YUMO! I am trying to remember if Kacey liked Rachel Ray or not in the other thread, haha!

I don't care for her much, but love the word YUMMO! LOL For some reason I can't stand the word delicious. My niece uses that word and it drives me mad! LOL

I haven't even looked at this recipe yet but I might just have to make them for DH. He loves lemon anything. His favorite right now is the Lemon Mini Cakes but alas, I haven't had all 6 prep bowls ready at one time! Good thing I ordered another set.

wadesgirl said:
I haven't even looked at this recipe yet but I might just have to make them for DH. He loves lemon anything. His favorite right now is the Lemon Mini Cakes but alas, I haven't had all 6 prep bowls ready at one time! Good thing I ordered another set.

My DH loves lemon too, and he really loves these. I've been tempted to take mine to Macy's Department store and tell them the chefs they have that are making their lemon bars should be fired, and please try mine! I actually made these when I was being interviewed at Le Cordon Bleu Cullinary Institute- they accepted my application- I would like to think it was in part because of these bars! :)

These seriously are the best lemon bars EVER... You should submit it to PC and they can replace the lemon bar recipe they have with yours b/c I like yours so much better. I could have just drank the filling out of my batter bowl while the crust was in the oven.

Okay I just looked at the recipe, I might just have to go out and buy a 9x9 glass pan since I don't have one to make these in!

wadesgirl said:
Okay I just looked at the recipe, I might just have to go out and buy a 9x9 glass pan since I don't have one to make these in!

I double the recipe and put it in a 9x13! :) Pyrex loves me!

merego said:
These seriously are the best lemon bars EVER... You should submit it to PC and they can replace the lemon bar recipe they have with yours b/c I like yours so much better. I could have just drank the filling out of my batter bowl while the crust was in the oven.

You are too kind, and I agree with the whole slurping down the filling while the crust is in the oven. YUMMY!!!:D :chef:

Oh great, just what I would need, a whole pan of them! Is it a fluffy cake like batter or is it softer solid like a cheese cake?

Kitchen Diva said:
Here are two more tips. Add the zest of one lemon to the crust and the zest of one lemon to the filling. After I wrote this recipe card out, I've been adding more and more each time I make them, and I personally like them best with a full zested lemon in the crust and filling.

And for some reason, these turn out best in a glass 9x13 pan. I've tried them in everything else, even our stoneware, and glass works the best.

Don't let the filling get too brown on top...it can get a little color, but if it get's too golden, it'll be hard and dry.

Enjoy them!!

Thanks for sharing both of you! (Meredith for posting, Kasey for originally creating/sharing!)

One question Kasey, do you mean two full lemons of zest as posted above, ONE full lemon zest for filling, and ONE full for crust? WOW, how lemony will THAT be! :D

.."I could have just drank the filling out of my batter bowl while the crust was in the oven."

This is hilarious, merego!!! Thanks for giving me my heartiest laugh today!

I love lemon anything and can't wait to try these, Kacey. Thanks!!

wadesgirl said:
Oh great, just what I would need, a whole pan of them! Is it a fluffy cake like batter or is it softer solid like a cheese cake?

The filling is more custard like- hard to explain. It is soft, but firm enough to eat without a fork, especially if it cooks right and you keep them in the fridge. The crust is like a yummy shortbread/sugar cookie- and when stuck in the fridge after they are cooled, the butter solidifies in the crust and it is just sooo yummy.... Man I'm hungry!

kcjodih said:
Thanks for sharing both of you! (Meredith for posting, Kasey for originally creating/sharing!)

One question Kasey, do you mean two full lemons of zest as posted above, ONE full lemon zest for filling, and ONE full for crust? WOW, how lemony will THAT be! :D

Lemons here are small, and I should point out that I double the recipe. So if you follow the recipe, just use one lemon and split the zest between the filling and crust. Thanks for pointing that out- you'd all be puckering your cheeks if I hadn't clarified that! :yuck:

Kitchen Diva said:
The filling is more custard like- hard to explain. It is soft, but firm enough to eat without a fork, especially if it cooks right and you keep them in the fridge. The crust is like a yummy shortbread/sugar cookie- and when stuck in the fridge after they are cooled, the butter solidifies in the crust and it is just sooo yummy.... Man I'm hungry!

I know what you mean. I didn't really look at the ingredients or could have figured what it would have been even if I had looked. I saved it to my desktop, I'll have to try it out son.

You guys are keeping me up too late, I'm going to bed!

wadesgirl said:

The batter is liquidy like a slightly thickened jello before it's baked. Does that help?

Kitchen Diva said:
Lemons here are small, and I should point out that I double the recipe. So if you follow the recipe, just use one lemon and split the zest between the filling and crust. Thanks for pointing that out- you'd all be puckering your cheeks if I hadn't clarified that! :yuck:

I used one small lemon and split the zest between the crust and filling.:chef:

wadesgirl said:

It's just HEAVEN, that's all I can say :)

merego said:
I used one small lemon and split the zest between the crust and filling.:chef:

In the 9x9 like Kacey mentioned Meredith?

kcjodih said:

well that's how I would do it, so yes, more than likely she used a small pan or 9x9- I promise there is enough sugar in these that if you double the batch and use the zest of one lemon for the filling and for the crust it will not be too much or too tart. Besides, you douse the top with powdered sugar about 10 minutes after they come out of the oven, so it's all good! :)

Technically, these were not very famous until I gave the recipe to Mere! :)

Thanks for putting me on the map my favorite #9! :D:D:D

kcjodih said:

Yes, that is what I did for a 9X9 pan :)

Thanks Mere for making my bars famous! I should hire you as my agent! :)

I wonder if they would turn out okay in one of the new metal sheet pans? Has anyone tried it.

I love lemon bars and am excited to give these a shot - thanks for sharing!

You need a pan with high sides, like a 9x9x2, or a 9x13x2- the filling is in liquid form when you put it on the baked crust, so if you use one of our sheet pans, you'll be hard pressed not to spill filling on the floor on your way to carrying it to the oven.

HTH

I have made these in metal pans- they turn out the best in glass, good in metal and not so good in stoneware...

Lemonade.gif

Kacey just taught me how to use photobucket~ thanks BFF :) Instead of making lemonade, make Kacey's Lemon bars :)

This makes me think of the lemon in my mom's lemon meringue pie and it is yum! :thumbup: When you double the recipe do you bake it longer?? Do they need refrigerated....thought they would be great to take to an upcoming family reunion that is out of state. Thanks!

byrd1956 said:
This makes me think of the lemon in my mom's lemon meringue pie and it is yum! :thumbup: When you double the recipe do you bake it longer?? Do they need refrigerated....thought they would be great to take to an upcoming family reunion that is out of state. Thanks!

no, you don't have to bake it longer when you double it. And no-they don't have to be refrigerated, but to me they taste better cool :)

They do taste better cold :) In my humble opinion :)

merego said:
They do taste better cold :) In my humble opinion :)

Yeah, there is just something in the way the crust sets with the butter in it, and becomes like a very firm shortbread cookie- totally yummy! But, don't let eating them at room temp scare you. I made these for our 4th of July get together at my Aunt's and Uncle's cabin, and they HAD to be at room temp- in part because it was a 3 hour drive to get to their cabin, and secondly there was no room in the fridge!

I made these for my family over the weekend and they were a HUGE hit. My girls have renamed them "KC Bars". :D Thanks so much for the recipe!

Related to Kacey's Famous Lemon Bars: A Kitchen Diva's Tip for the Perfect Dessert

1. What makes "Kacey's Famous Lemon Bars" stand out from other lemon bar recipes?

Kacey's Famous Lemon Bars use a special combination of ingredients and techniques that result in a perfectly balanced lemon flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.

2. Can I use a metal pan instead of a glass pan?

While you can use a metal pan, we recommend using a glass pan for the best results. The glass pan helps the bars cook evenly and prevents them from sticking to the pan.

3. What is the Kitchen Diva's tip for making the perfect lemon bars?

The Kitchen Diva's tip is to use a glass pan. This will ensure that the lemon bars come out with a perfect texture and flavor every time.

4. Can I make these lemon bars ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these lemon bars ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 16 servings. You can cut the bars into smaller or larger pieces depending on your preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • bridgetbakes