• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Had a Great Conversation With Dh

S
sfdavis918
about PC. It started with me saying that I wanted to really kick it into gear this year and make PC a real means of income for us. I want to be really successful at this. It ended with me making a commitment to my three contacts a day and him making a commitment to helping me get a 1/2 hr to myself locked away in our room to make my calls. He will take care of our little guys during that time, and even give baths if needed. (That was a big gesture right there!;) )

It was really just a great conversation because I was able to figure out that I am really the only one holding me back. I think I use DH and the boys as an excuse to not get my contacts done. I let the evening get away from me and always think to myself that "I can't do it now, they need me for this or that." DH basically told me that I am the only one who thinks that. So, I am going to take him up on that and I am going to make myself go up there every day! I am so excited!

Sorry for the ramble. I think that this is just such a big moment for me! I am giving myself permission to not be a martyr anymore and actually take responsibility for my business. WAHOO!!! Watch out 2008, here I come!

sfdavis918 said:
Future Future Director (want it by end of the year!)
Well, you've got two days yet. :)

Awesome!! That's a great start! It really helps to have that support. Good luck!

Congratulations, Sarah! We (as in my DH and I) are kicking it in together, as well. We started holding Sunday night meetings to help hold me accountable for my business. We actually sat down last month and put together a business plan, including goals (financial, number of shows per month, incentives, etc). I've been successful w/ PC so far, but it's time to kick it up a notch.

It's too easy for me, too, to say that my children need me, the floors need scrubbing, the dog needs brushing, the baseboards need dusting, the wall behind the wash machine needs cleaning :eek: (whatever it takes to keep me off that phone) when really, I just need to get my butt on the phone and make those calls.

Best of luck to you in 2008!

1. What is PC and how can it be a means of income?

PC stands for "personal computer" and can refer to various types of work that can be done on a computer, such as freelancing, online businesses, or remote work. It can be a means of income by utilizing one's skills and resources to generate income through various online platforms or clients.

2. What do you mean by "kicking it into gear" and being successful at PC?

By "kicking it into gear," I mean putting in more effort and dedication towards my PC work. Being successful at PC would mean being able to generate a steady and significant income through my work.

3. What commitment did you and your DH make during the conversation?

We made a commitment to support each other in achieving our goals. I committed to reaching out to three contacts a day for my PC work, while my DH committed to giving me a half hour of uninterrupted time in our room to make my calls, and taking care of our children during that time.

4. How did your DH's gesture impact the conversation?

My DH's gesture of offering to take care of our children and give me time to work without interruptions showed his support and understanding of my goals. It also gave me a sense of relief and motivation, knowing that I have his support in achieving my goals.

5. What was the main realization you had during the conversation?

The main realization I had was that I was the one holding myself back from achieving success in my PC work. I had been using my family as an excuse to not put in the necessary effort, but my DH helped me see that it was my own mindset that was hindering my progress. This realization gave me the determination to take responsibility for my business and make it a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies