• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show | Pink Balloon Game and More!

In summary, Alison made this invitation for herself and she is asking for feedback. She used a 24lb 96 brightness paper and a thicker cardstock for the invitations. She offered a free show to the first 2 bookings she received in May and included a recipe for a chocolate strawberry skillet cake. Sandy liked the invitation and offered to steal it.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So I just made this invitation for me show next weekend (the host just sent me a bunch of people to mail invites to that she couldn't find emails for). Let me know what you think of it!

Also, I think I am going to play a game... I am going to get pink ballons and have everybody roll up a piece of paper (they will all say different things, like HWC facts, 10% off, free shipping, etc) and put it in their balloon and blow it up. We will then toss the balloons for like 20 seconds and everyone will have to pop their balloon to see what they got! A fellow consultant did this at her show last night and loved doing it this way!

Any other suggestions for things I can do?

Alison~

Can you attach your invite?

I like the idea with the balloons, even though I am scared of popping balloons!

Kelly... lol I did't realize I forgot to attach the invite... no wonder I didn't get any comments on it! Oops :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not at home right now, but I will be sure to attach it when I get home to my laptop!

(and I am afraid of popping balloons as well!!!)

Okay, after my blonde moment (really, it's a blonde life for me, so I shouldn't use that as an excuse)... so here is the invitation I made... I'd still like opinions, although I already mailed the ones for this show out, maybe some of you can use it! TIA!

Attachments

• May Help Whip Cancer Invitation.doc
    657.5 KB · Views: 468
Love the invite! Did you do these on regular copy paper or on a thicker cardstock?

I used a 24lb 96 brightness paper... a bit thicker and a bit brighter and of course, a bit more expensive per ream, but well worth it!

I love the invite. Great job. Where can I find that chocolate strawberry skillet cake recipe?

Here it is for ya:

Attachments

• May Help Whip Cancer Recipes.doc
    31 KB · Views: 449
I offered a free show to the first 2 bookings I received in May, and these are the recipe choices I gave my hosts. And I found the picture on kraft's website... their recipe sounds pretty much like ours, so I figured, close enough!

Thanks for the recipes.

GourmetGirl said:
I offered a free show to the first 2 bookings I received in May, and these are the recipe choices I gave my hosts. And I found the picture on kraft's website... their recipe sounds pretty much like ours, so I figured, close enough!

picture theif....

(oh wait, that isn't spelled right... THIEF... there it is... Alison, your "blonde day" is rubbing off on me... quit it!)

This show is awesome! One very ignorant question here ...

Which skillet do you use to bake the cake?

I'm such a novice at this ... :eek:

usually these cakes are made in the family skillet or the 12" skillet

katie0128 said:
picture theif....

(oh wait, that isn't spelled right... THIEF... there it is... Alison, your "blonde day" is rubbing off on me... quit it!)

I may be blonde, but there is no way I would make that cake just to take a picture for an invite... especially because I live by myself... a 12" skillet cake in a house with nobody to share = waaay too much excercising to do to work it off!

Now I just have to make sure my cake looks like the picture at the show :eek: !!!

Oh, good, Alison! I didn't realize you haven't MADE the cake yet! I sent out 30 of your invitations, tweaked, of course, but including the picture, with the promise that my host's guests will get to taste - and get to SEE - one JUST LIKE IT! :eek:

Glad I went to the store and bought 4 cake mixes ... Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow! :D

Ah. I'll let you know how it turns out. Of course, I won't be using the 12" skillet tomorrow, since I don't own one. Hopefully I can talk my director out of hers to use at the show ...

ETA: It is STILL an awesome show idea and an incredible invitation! I'm confident it will all be good ...

Thanks Sandy! I'm looking forward to hearing how the cake tastes :)

GourmetGirl said:
Thanks Sandy! I'm looking forward to hearing how the cake tastes :)

...AND looks!

Alison...Totally awsome! May I steal this? It is exactly what I have been looking for. I am going to approach the managers of a bar & grill near my house about doing something special next week and this would be absotively posilutely perfect for passing out in the neighborhood!

Thanks in advance.

Well, I haven't made the cake yet. My director is lending me her 12" skillet to use for all of my May shows, since I think ALL of my hosts need to present this delictible delight to their friends :D My dh is picking up the skillet in the morning, so I will get this done for the first time tomorrow afternoon.

Think positive here, people! I need all the good cake baking vibes I can get ... :D

pampered1224 said:
Totally awsome! May I steal this? It is exactly what I have been looking for. I am going to approach the managers of a bar & grill near my house about doing something special next week and this would be absotively posilutely perfect for passing out in the neighborhood!

Thanks in advance.

John of course you may use this! That is why I posted it! I didn't put all this work into it for just 1 show... I hope that many, many people use it, then it means all my work went to good use :) Good luck with your event!

One of the cool things about this forum is that we all expect that what we post will be used by others. We like to share.

tlennhoff said:
One of the cool things about this forum is that we all expect that what we post will be used by others. We like to share.

Exactly! Great wording Tasha!

Well I REALLY appreciate it.I have to wait until tomorrow though as the mangers are on vacation. I hope I have enough time to date the event and ge thte flyers out. I showed one to one of my major customers and she too said it was really well done!
So...
I have my fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else will cross, crossed!
And thanks to you Alison, you saved me a lot of work!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

No problem John... glad it went over well for you... tip when you print them 2 sided -- don't pull them out and flip them around as word tells you too, pull them out and put them right back in then same way they come out. That's how I make the tri-fold work and open the way it's supposed to. Does that make any sense?

Also, I was just wondering if your birthday is Dec 24th John? or what does the 1224 mean in your screen name? Just wondering as my dad's bday is 12/24 and I've never met anybody else with that bday...

The Cake Results Are In!!Ok ... I made the cake yesterday afternoon, and here are my observations ...

I used the 12" Executive Cookware Family Skillet. The size will be perfect for a show because you can get lots of pieces out of it. I took it out of the oven at 29 minutes. 28 would have been okay, too. 35 would definitely be too long. When I do it again on Sunday afternoon (need one more practice cake for my small group at church to evaluate, you know:p ...Or not. Maybe it is my dh that needs it!) I will check it at 27 minutes. It was a little firmer around the edges than it was in the center, but my dh sure didn't notice it!

I had forgotten to take the Strawberry Cool Whip out of the freezer, so I thawed it on the counter. Don't do that. The Cool Whip was too soft, so I didn't get any types of peaks on the cake. Plus, the strawberry slices didn't stand up like in the photo - they were tipped up, but I was after that stand up look. Also, with the cake that large, I used and entire 8 oz tub of Cool Whip. I am going to modify the recipe so my hosts are sure to have a full tub available. It may not need as much if it is firmer. This is the biggest reason I'm going to do another trial run.

The cake looks and tastes beautiful. I will not be embarrassed to serve it. I will prebake the cake.

Thanks Alison for an awesome idea! My hosts LOVE the invitations!

I love, love, love this flyer!! I hope to be able to steal it! Unfortunately, my host has Crone's Disease and I don't think I can use that recipe! Any other suggestions?

What is the "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show"?

The "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show" is a fundraiser event organized by Pampered Chef to support breast cancer research and awareness. It is a fun and interactive event that includes a game called the Pink Balloon Game and other activities.

How do I participate in the "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show"?

To participate in the event, you can purchase a ticket from a Pampered Chef consultant or host your own show. You can also donate directly to the cause through our website or by attending a show.

What is the Pink Balloon Game?

The Pink Balloon Game is a game played at the "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show". Participants purchase a balloon filled with mystery prizes. The proceeds from the game go towards breast cancer research.

Are there any other activities at the "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show"?

Yes, in addition to the Pink Balloon Game, there are other activities such as a silent auction, raffle, and cooking demonstrations. These activities are also aimed at raising funds for breast cancer research.

Can I still support the cause if I cannot attend the "Join the Fun at the Help Whip Cancer Show"?

Yes, you can still support the cause by making a direct donation through our website or by purchasing Pampered Chef products from a consultant. A portion of the proceeds from these sales will be donated towards breast cancer research.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies