• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Excitement for the New Season of LOST Starting Tonight!

but I could see how it could be distracting for new viewers. I'm excited for tonight, but I'm going to miss not being able to watch it live.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Is there anyone here as excited as I am about the new season of LOST starting tonight?

I watched the recap last night to refresh my memory.....and now I can hardly wait for tonight! I know - silly, but there is no other show that fascinates me like this one does......

My husband and I will both be out tonight, but we'll be DVRing for sure!!!
We love this show!!!

I have a friend that is from the States but moved to Australia about 10 yrs ago for Med School and got married a couple years back to an Aussie. They love Lost but would get it 4 months after we did!

They moved back to the States in Nov so they're very excited to be watching it in real time with the rest of us! :)

I actually cheered when my show for tonight rescheduled! DH thought I was crazy.....but I was so disappointed I wasn't going to be home to see it. (we don't have DVR, and I know I can download it and watch it....but it's not the same.)

Now...what to do with all of my other Thursday night shows????

I don't do shows on Wednesdays, so it has never been an issue until this stupid writers strike....ABC is putting it on in Greys slot, since they are out of new episodes.:cry:

We accidentally stopped recording Lost last season. (Um, by "we" I mean me...:eek: ) I thought it was being recorded on our downstairs TV, so I deleted them and stopped recording on our upstairs TV. We weren't watching them each week (obviously) and by the end of the season, we went to watch them....and NADA! I was sick about it for a while, but there wasn't much I could do about it! I taped the recap show last night, so I think we will be able to catch up and know what's going on when the season starts tonight. Plus, it IS set to record them this season!!

I can't wait for tonight too!!! I caught the last 20 minutes of the show last night and that helped. I needed a refresher.

Does anyone know if they've completed the whole season?? Or will this end 1/2 way like all the other shows because of the writers strike? I'm just so glad it's back and there's something to watch!!

24 should be coming along soon too, right?

They've only taped 8 - which is half the season.

pamperedbecky said:
I can't wait for tonight too!!! I caught the last 20 minutes of the show last night and that helped. I needed a refresher.

Does anyone know if they've completed the whole season?? Or will this end 1/2 way like all the other shows because of the writers strike? I'm just so glad it's back and there's something to watch!!

Only 8 episodes were finished....but the producers say there is a pretty big cliff hanger at the end of the 8th episode...to keep us hanging on in agony for the next new season.....:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh - and for what it's worth - I think it's Michael in the coffin. He would be neither friend nor family to Jack (since he betrayed the survivors to the others) but he would be someone who would illicit great emotions from Jack.....just my own little theory.

pamperedbecky said:
24 has been put on hiatus until they can produce a complete season. Producers were not willing to make a partial season.

chefann said:
24 has been put on hiatus until they can produce a complete season. Producers were not willing to make a partial season.
Oh...they are killing me here! That is DH and my favorite show to watch together!

I'm so excited for tonight as well! Although watching the episode again last night made me sad that some of the characters may not be there this year (won't say so as not to spoil for those who didn't see last season)

Am I the only one who's wondering "why the captions". It's like they were mocking their own show. In a way they were helpful to me because I couldn't remember everything that happened. It was distracting to watch the show and read, though. Looking forward to Lost, but I have a show next week and no DVR or TIVO.

They did the captions on purpose - I'm sure to lure new viewers in who wouldn't know who different characters were or what their purpose or storyline is on the show. I'm kind of glad they did because it's been a long 8 months since last season's finale!

JAE said:
Am I the only one who's wondering "why the captions". It's like they were mocking their own show. In a way they were helpful to me because I couldn't remember everything that happened. It was distracting to watch the show and read, though. Looking forward to Lost, but I have a show next week and no DVR or TIVO.

I think that is why they did it - it's been so long since the last episode aired....plus, if you did read them - they were some new facts and clues that we didn't know before.

Did you feel like they were kind of mocking themselves? The captions were a little sarcastic at times, which I thought was funny. It struck me as strange, though, because it isn't a comedy. I think people laugh about the way the show goes, but I don't think we laugh while watching the show. KWIM?

JAE said:
Did you feel like they were kind of mocking themselves? The captions were a little sarcastic at times, which I thought was funny. It struck me as strange, though, because it isn't a comedy. I think people laugh about the way the show goes, but I don't think we laugh while watching the show. KWIM?

Yeah, it may have been a little mocking - I think some of it was in response to some of the LOST forums that are out there. I don't post on any of them, but there are a couple I go to just to read what other losties are saying and thinking....and so some of the things they were saying were in direct response to some of the theories and ideas I have seen in those forums....sort of making fun of some of the obsession of Lost groupies.

Okay, one more question, and then I have to get off here. No kids, so I have to get going. I'm so afraid of another snow day tomorrow, and I'll regret goofing around so much.
Anyway, do you remember when the two people were buried alive? They were thought to be dead, but something they ingested or maybe poked with just made it seem like they were dead. I kept wondering if somehow they would get out. Do you remember that? I don't remember all the details, but I thought they showed that last part of the scene as a possibility that they were still alive and they would escape, or someone would somehow rescue them.

JAE said:
Okay, one more question, and then I have to get off here. No kids, so I have to get going. I'm so afraid of another snow day tomorrow, and I'll regret goofing around so much.
Anyway, do you remember when the two people were buried alive? They were thought to be dead, but something they ingested or maybe poked with just made it seem like they were dead. I kept wondering if somehow they would get out. Do you remember that? I don't remember all the details, but I thought they showed that last part of the scene as a possibility that they were still alive and they would escape, or someone would somehow rescue them.

Yeah - Paulo and whats her name? I've wondered about that too.....they left that hanging. I wouldn't mind if they didn't come back though - they were both jerks.

I have to get going to - we are out of milk, bread, eggs, juice.....down to just apples for fruit. I want to go to the grocery store and need to get some host packets and invitations in the mail. (I did invites while watching Lost last night!:thumbup: )

I didn't watch last night. There was new info???

redsoxgirl said:
I didn't watch last night. There was new info???

They had subtitles running at the bottom with explanations of what you were watching, and every once in a while, they would throw out little tidbits of info. Like, when Jack was in the hospital wanting to do surgery on the woman he had saved from the burning car, the other Dr. said that "Dr. Nadler" would be doing the surgery. Nadler is also Rose and Bernard's last name.

And you know that there is meaning in everything on LOST!

Shoot - I can't believe I missed that stuff!
Now I'm going to have to go searching online for it all *sigh*

JAE said:
I remember that as well. I kept thinking they'd show up somewhere at some point. Then they were never mentioned again. It wouldn't surprise me if they still show up somewhere. Was it a spider that bit them and had some weird paralyzing kind of poison? I'm sketchy on those details. I can't wait!!! Not much to do tonight but make dinner, eat dinner, watch the snow pile up and watch LOST!! Yay! Of course we'll DVR it and start it when the kids are in bed. Thank goodness for DVR!

redsoxgirl said:
Shoot - I can't believe I missed that stuff!
Now I'm going to have to go searching online for it all *sigh*

I was talking to my mom about Lost this morning and she told me about the captions from last night (at which point I told her she should have CALLED me! LOL), but I went online and watched it and got it all, it was pretty good..I didn't think the captions were really mocking...I thought they were pretty helpful.

I loved the captions. Even my DH (who never really "got" the show) enjoyed the captions. I thought they were pretty amusing. I only watched sporadically last season, as season 2 had been a disappointment. As last season went on I got more interested again. Last night was a great way to catch up &/ or introduce new viewers to the show, people tuning in for the 1st time, courtesy of the writers' strike.

pamperedbecky said:
I remember that as well. I kept thinking they'd show up somewhere at some point. Then they were never mentioned again. It wouldn't surprise me if they still show up somewhere. Was it a spider that bit them and had some weird paralyzing kind of poison? I'm sketchy on those details. I can't wait!!! Not much to do tonight but make dinner, eat dinner, watch the snow pile up and watch LOST!! Yay! Of course we'll DVR it and start it when the kids are in bed. Thank goodness for DVR!

Nikki and Pablo or something. And yeah - it was a spider that bit them.
They opened their eyes at the very end of the episode as dirt was being thrown on them.

People I talk to were so mad when they did that show about them because they were giving back story on more new people. But what we wanted was answers on the old people!!

So has everyone had a chance to watch Lost from last night? What did you think? I just think it keeps getting better and better!

Post the details...I was unable to watch it last night!!

You can watch it online!

Missed this thread before; but love the show! Seems like it's been so long since last season. (well it has been a long time!)

My DH and I LOVE Lost! I think I love it because of Matthew Fox, man he's hot!!:D

Did you all hear that the strike may be settled by the end of the week? That's great news, but they did say that if it is settled it is probably not going to affect anything for the season...they'll just pick up next season...oh well, but that's still good news!

Related to Join the Excitement for the New Season of LOST Starting Tonight!

1. What is LOST about?

LOST is a mystery/sci-fi television show that follows the survivors of a plane crash on a mysterious island. As the survivors try to find a way to escape the island, they encounter strange phenomena and must also deal with their own personal struggles.

2. When did LOST first air?

LOST premiered on September 22, 2004 and ran for six seasons until May 23, 2010.

3. Is it necessary to watch all previous seasons before starting the new season?

While it is not necessary, it is highly recommended to watch all previous seasons in order to fully understand the complex plot and character relationships in the show.

4. Are there any new characters in the new season?

Yes, there are usually new characters introduced in each season of LOST. However, their relationships to the main characters and the overall plot may not be revealed until later in the season.

5. Is there any indication of how the show will end?

The creators of LOST have stated that they had a general idea of how the show would end from the beginning, but the specifics were not finalized until the final season. So, while there may be hints and foreshadowing throughout the show, the ending is still a surprise to viewers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
Replies
Views
kahluakiggy
Replies
Views
raebates