1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Job Fair Displays

1. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Would anyone mind telling me or showing me how they set up at a job fair/ career expo?

I have read thru the posts and I didn't see any discriptions or pics.

Also, I know a lot of you have expressed that these events aren't very successful, but, I figure in these times and especially w/ the new mini kit, I might have a good day.

Anybody had one yet this month promoting the new mini kit? this is my first job fair and I dont know what to set out on my table. I have packets made up for really interested people and a lot of those "your life, your way" flyers to give out.

I know I'm asking a lot, but any help would be appreciated!

Apr 5, 2009
  2. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

We set up at a job fair in February. We set up the kit products with a sign that told about it. It was before the mini kit was announced. I've been thinking about it, though. I think it would be great to set up the mini kit products with a sign telling about it (how much it costs, product value in mini kit, etc.) then the rest of the products for the full kit. Maybe say something like "you get this for $65 or for $155 you can get this".

Too bad we didn't have a mini kit when I set up! We had a lot of people saying it cost too much!

Apr 5, 2009
  3. niclowther

An update...The job fair was yesterday, and the I think the Direct Sale companies were the hit of the day! I am meeting w/ 4 people today (along w/ my recruit who was with me at the fair). And I am signing one on Friday. And this does not count the 5+ people who checked "interested in becoming a consulant" on my sign in sheet (which someone so kindly posted). I am so excited! I am really wanting to become Director before June!

Apr 16, 2009
  4. So tell us Nicole, what materials you set out and what you did to garner such a sucess?!?! That's awesome that you have 4 interviews in the works!

I have thought about doing job fairs before, but wasn't sure how to approach them and would love the details about your experience!

Apr 20, 2009
  5. pattikake

pattikake Member

I did a job fair on Friday. It was packed with people .. and I have 14 people who have expressed interest in more information. 3 of these sound solid - not sure about the other 11. I am going to be calling them this afternoon .. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Apr 20, 2009
  6. niclowther

The only products I brought were the kit items. I had 3 flyers on display (one on the flip chart and the other two on those clear flyer thingies I got at Office Depot w/ discount of course). One flyer was the "get the deep cover baker free," one was the flyer that was in the April newletter and maybe under promos that tlaks about deep covered, kit, and mini kit, and the third was had mini kit on one side and regualr on other. The only other things on the table were business cards and a form (i found on here) that had a place for name, address, number, email and check boxes for newletter, hosting, and becoming a consultant.

It was a huge success. I didnt expect to have such a flock of people at my table. I do suggest standing (even though my feet were killing me), but it looks more inviting. Oh i also gave out last seasons catalogs so people got an idea of what products we sold and they had my info on them. I had forgotted all my "your life your way things" and all my paper work which didnt hurt me any.

Well all 4 said they were going to sign- I didnt expect them all to come to the meetings(one didnt show), let a lone sign (you know how people are)! One is signing under my recruit and one is signing under another (their friends and want to work together). This on top of the other 2 I'm hoping to recruit this month should ensure my directorship by June! I wont get too much more excited until they actual sign! I'm just praying that all 6 join!

Apr 20, 2009
  7. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Wow! Way to go!!!

8. niclowther

I had thought that the mini kit would be the icing on the cake to get people interested, but EVERYONE who was interested wanted the regular kit- and I'm not surprised, it's a great deal!

Apr 20, 2009
Have something to add?