• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jerk Chicken Salad: Tips to Lighten Your Load

In summary, people are using the bowl from the spinner, the SS bowl, or the SA large bowl for the Jerk Chicken Salad. Some people are also using the Trifle Bowl.
chefinbiz
What is everyone using for the Jerk Chicken Salad? I have been using the SA large bowl and basket- gorgeous, but so big to bring to the shows. Any tips to lighten my load? I was thinking of bringing the large SS bowl- lighter, but just as bulky in my bag. HELP!

Is anyone using the bowl from the spinner? I am thinking by showing the versatility of the spinner, I will sell more spinners than SS bowl or SA large bowl.....

I do it in the Dots large bowl. People LOVE that bowl! And remember it is one of the host choices for November!!

I don't have that bowl......guess I should get that to show for November

I put the large dots bowl in the square (for SA) woven selections! It sort of sets in there...and looks pretty:) ....I usually make the pasta ahead of time at home, and bring it right in the bowl with saran wrap!

please tell me you all put the pineapple top in the middle of it. it looks SO beautiful with that in there. without it it's just another salad to me

Oh, yes! The first time I made it for my family I didn't do that and they still thought it looked great but I did add that "garnish" the next time and they were blown away! It's a definite favorite around here!

I'm fairly new and don't have any SA or SS so I have been doing mine in the spinner bowl. I do it with lettuce though... not the pasta. Did the pasta one at home for DH and I was not as impressed as with the lettuce. I didn't do the cups as shown though... just chopped lettuce. I think it would be good to show the microfiber towels also... After you spin the lettuce you could soak up all of the water in the bowl... I have just been dumping mine in the sink and wiping out with the new striped towel. I think I read on here somewhere that the microfiber towel would hold 2 cups of water... I may be making that up though since I don't have a towel to try it out on so someone correct me if I'm wrong. would be a quick interesting cross sell though.

thanks for the new idea about using the SS! It's always good to know different uses....customers love that!

I put my salads in the SS bowl because I don't have the others. It works pretty good for me. Plus, you can tell them they can refrigerate the SS bowl to "chill" it before adding your salad. This way it stays colder longer.

Another option would be to use the Trifle Bowl for this salad. You could even layer it with pasta AND lettuce, if you wanted to....

As for taking it to shows, l actually use the drawstring bag we earned earlier this year to take the Trifle Bowl in. It fits really well in the larger bag. I also put kitchen towels or microfiber towels inside it, along with the pedestal, for support.

Best wishes,
Paula

hperschnick said:
I'm fairly new and don't have any SA or SS so I have been doing mine in the spinner bowl. I do it with lettuce though... not the pasta. Did the pasta one at home for DH and I was not as impressed as with the lettuce. I didn't do the cups as shown though... just chopped lettuce. I think it would be good to show the microfiber towels also... After you spin the lettuce you could soak up all of the water in the bowl... I have just been dumping mine in the sink and wiping out with the new striped towel. I think I read on here somewhere that the microfiber towel would hold 2 cups of water... I may be making that up though since I don't have a towel to try it out on so someone correct me if I'm wrong. would be a quick interesting cross sell though.

Often at my shows, when I have a minute or 2 to fill - I will fill my large easy-read Measuring Cup with 2 cups of water and then use a microfiber towel to soak up all of the water. Every time I do this - I sell them like crazy!

Related to Jerk Chicken Salad: Tips to Lighten Your Load

1. What ingredients do I need to make Jerk Chicken Salad?

To make Jerk Chicken Salad, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, jerk seasoning, olive oil, salad greens, red onion, mango, bell pepper, avocado, lime, and a light vinaigrette dressing.

2. Can I use pre-made jerk seasoning for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-made jerk seasoning for this recipe. However, for a healthier option, you can make your own seasoning using a combination of spices such as allspice, thyme, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.

3. How can I lighten the load of this salad?

To lighten the load of this salad, you can use a light vinaigrette dressing instead of a heavy creamy dressing. You can also use grilled chicken instead of fried and add more greens and vegetables to the salad.

4. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time. Simply store the jerk chicken and vegetables in separate containers in the refrigerator. Assemble the salad right before serving to keep the greens fresh and crisp.

5. Is this salad suitable for meal prep?

Yes, this salad is suitable for meal prep. You can grill the chicken and chop the vegetables ahead of time. Then, assemble the salads in individual containers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinwithjen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies