• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle or Salad Spinner or Both?

in summary, she brings her trifle bowl and salad spinner to her shows with her batter bowls and door prize slips in the spinner and only brings what she needs for the recipe and some of the popular items with her.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Not sure where this should have been posted but I wanted to know what everyone else is doing. I've been bringing both the trifle bowl and the spinner to shows along with my batter bowls etc and they won't all fit! I use the red crate the #2 bag and the tta bag.

What is everyone else doing?

I bring it too...I have to carry the spinner separate. I wrap my trifle bowl stand in a microfiber towel and pack in the bowl. I put my door prize slips in the spinner so I don't forget them.

My TTA is in a bag of its own.

My TTA is in a bag of it's own as well. I like to only put what I'm using for the demo in the red crate and then I place my oven mitts, apron and tablecloth on top and my door prize basket fits nicely on top of that. This way everything in the crate is the 'dirty' stuff I take home (in a bag in the crate). However, now I have a trifle bowl (in it's box) and a salad spinner (in it's plastic bag) that don't fit in the #2 show to go bag or on top of my crate. So an extra trip!

I stick my spinner in one of the slots in the STG bag (the one that slips over the rolling case). I put the lid in the large space in the that same bag. If I carry my Trifle bowl I put it in a cookware bag and place it in a different slot in the STG bag. It doesn't take up much space. I, too, wrap the stand with microfiber towels and place it in the bowl then put the lid on and place the whole thing in the cookware bag.

Since I earned the STG system that is what I use for my shows. I tend to bring too much stuff. I had downsized quite a bit, then earned the system and am back to bringing alot of stuff. I take what I need for the recipe then I also like to bring next month's host special (easier this month than last). The current guest special. And some of the popular items. As I begin unpacking they are all amazed that I packed so much stuff in those 2 bags. I like bringing them, especially the rolling case. It makes it so much easier to transport.

I didnt earn the STG so I improvised. I bought a $40 set of luggage at Target last year for conference. It included 3 rolling pieces. I use the largest for traveling but the two smaller ones I use for my shows. It's my very own STG!

It is so much easier now. My back couldnt haul that crate for one more show! My hostesses are also impressed. Oh- I do have the one for the TTA.

I pack what will fit in the 2 cases. That's it! So I now can make it in the house in 1 trip!

Kristi

Related to Trifle or Salad Spinner or Both?

What is a trifle and how do I use it?

A trifle is a type of layered dessert typically made with cake, fruit, custard, and whipped cream. To make a trifle, start by layering cake on the bottom of a clear glass bowl or dish. Then, add a layer of fruit, followed by a layer of custard. Continue layering until the dish is full, and top with whipped cream. Trifles can be served immediately or chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.

What is a salad spinner and how do I use it?

A salad spinner is a kitchen tool used to wash and dry salad greens. To use a salad spinner, start by placing your greens in the basket inside the bowl. Fill the bowl with water and swish the greens around to remove any dirt or debris. Then, lift the basket out of the bowl and pour out the water. Place the basket back in the bowl and use the lid to spin the greens and remove excess water. Your salad greens will be clean and dry, ready to be used in your favorite recipes.

Can I use a trifle as a salad spinner or vice versa?

No, a trifle and a salad spinner are two different kitchen tools with different purposes. A trifle is used to make and serve layered desserts, while a salad spinner is used to wash and dry salad greens. While you may be able to use a trifle as a substitute for a salad spinner, it may not be as effective in removing excess water from your greens.

Can I make a trifle in a salad spinner?

No, a salad spinner is not designed or meant to be used for making trifles. It is best to use a clear glass bowl or dish to showcase the layers of the trifle and make it easier to serve and enjoy.

Which one should I get, a trifle or a salad spinner?

The decision ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs in the kitchen. If you enjoy making layered desserts and entertaining, a trifle may be a better choice. However, if you frequently eat salads and want to ensure your greens are thoroughly washed and dried, a salad spinner would be a useful tool to have. Alternatively, you could also consider getting both if you enjoy using them in your cooking and entertaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cdnmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cdnmom
  • meowmix
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefinbiz