• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jello & Whipped Topping Question

In summary, during a conversation about using strawberry jello to flavor and color cool-whip, one person suggests adding the jello dry instead of dissolving it in boiling water for a creamier consistency. Others suggest adding red food coloring or using a mixture of strawberry pudding and cool-whip. Someone shares a recipe for a salad with cool-whip and dry jello, and another person suggests using Kool-Aid instead.
LisaAnn
Silver Member
I made a trifle this weekend and added strawberry jello to cool-whip to flavor and color it, but I think it made the cool-whip "set-up" too much. I would have preferred it to be more of a pudding consistency.

Does anyone know if I add the Jello to the cool whip dry rather than dissolved in boiling water if it will be creamier? Any other suggestions (other than buying strawberry coolwhip) to give the coolwhip a strawberry color & flavor?

TIA

Couldn't you just add some Red food coloring to the cool whip?

LisaAnn said:
I made a trifle this weekend and added strawberry jello to cool-whip to flavor and color it, but I think it made the cool-whip "set-up" too much. I would have preferred it to be more of a pudding consistency.Does anyone know if I add the Jello to the cool whip dry rather than dissolved in boiling water if it will be creamier? Any other suggestions (other than buying strawberry coolwhip) to give the coolwhip a strawberry color & flavor?TIA
Everyone loved the consistency of my jello and cool whip combo in my rasp trifle this weekend! I would try and add it dry and see what it does.....and please post it on here!

jenniferknapp said:
Everyone loved the consistency of my jello and cool whip combo in my rasp trifle this weekend! I would try and add it dry and see what it does.....and please post it on here!

Thanks! I have a cluster meeting tonight I'm making it for...I'll try it and post the results in the morning.

LisaAnn said:
Thanks! I have a cluster meeting tonight I'm making it for...I'll try it and post the results in the morning.

FYI

I added dry strawberry gelatin to a mixture of strawberry cheesecake pudding and coolwhip and it turned out great.

LisaAnn said:
FYI

I added dry strawberry gelatin to a mixture of strawberry cheesecake pudding and coolwhip and it turned out great.

Did it set like jello at all?

jenniferknapp said:
Did it set like jello at all?

No, not at all, but this time I added the pudding so it was completely different. I was worried that the jello wouldn't dissolve and leave red specks throughout, but it didn't.

I have a salad recipe that calls for cool whip and dry jello. You mix that together and add marshmallows...some people add cottage cheese and pecans. It is not gritty tasting at all. Just make sure you mix it well...Its kind of like a Waldorf (sp?) salad.

Would Kool-Aid work? I don't know since I've never done any of these!

What are some creative ways to use jello and whipped topping in Pampered Chef recipes?

Some ideas include using jello as a filling for tarts or mini pies, incorporating whipped topping into a no-bake cheesecake, or using both to make a layered trifle dessert.

Can I substitute whipped topping for real whipped cream in Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, whipped topping can be used as a substitute for real whipped cream in most recipes. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different.

How can I make my own whipped topping for Pampered Chef recipes?

You can make your own whipped topping by whipping heavy cream with a stand or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. You can also add a little sugar and vanilla extract for added flavor.

Can I use sugar-free jello and whipped topping in Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, you can use sugar-free versions of jello and whipped topping in Pampered Chef recipes. Just be aware that the taste and texture may be slightly different.

Are there any Pampered Chef recipes that do not use jello or whipped topping?

Yes, there are many delicious recipes from Pampered Chef that do not use jello or whipped topping. Some examples include savory dishes like chicken alfredo and vegetable stir-fry, as well as sweet treats like chocolate chip cookies and apple crisp.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • chefann