• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pink Trifle for a Perfect Mother's Day Dessert

In summary, the speaker is putting together a pink trifle for their show using white cake, strawberry pudding (a mixture of vanilla pudding and Strawberry jello), strawberry cool whip, and fresh strawberries. If it turns out well, they plan to make it for a Mother's Day dinner. They also discuss the possibility of using cheesecake flavored pudding and chocolate-flavored angel food cake. The speaker shares a recipe for Chocolate Angel Food Cake II and mentions their personal dislike of the artificial taste of the strawberry pudding and cool whip, but plans to still make it for future shows. They also provide a tip for making strawberry flavored pudding.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I'm doing a pink recipe for my show today so I am putting a trifle together: white cake, strawberry pudding (vanilla pudding mixed with Strawberry jello), strawberry cool whip and fresh strawberries. Here's hoping it comes out well and the guests enjoy it! If it is a hit I will make it for our mother's day dinnner tomorrow!

If it's a hit, please share the recipe...how ya mix the jello & pudding...
It sounds like ya can't miss.
The cheesecake flavored pudding is good in trifles with angel food cake & ya don't have to bake the cake.

Has anyone ever flavored an angel food cake chocolate somehow?

Chef Endora said:
If it's a hit, please share the recipe...how ya mix the jello & pudding...
It sounds like ya can't miss.
The cheesecake flavored pudding is good in trifles with angel food cake & ya don't have to bake the cake.

Has anyone ever flavored an angel food cake chocolate somehow?
Here is one from Allrecipes.com! It has 24 reviews, most of them all good!

Chocolate Angel Food Cake II
Submitted by: Karla
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 26 members Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Yields: 10 servings

"This is a yummy change to standard Angel Food cake. It has a light and delicate flavor and hits the spot of that chocolate craving. Note: for best flavor and texture, serve the cake on the day it's made and be sure to avoid any traces of yolk in the egg whites, which would prevent them from whipping to their fullest."
INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup cake flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet
chocolate, grated 12 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
confectioners' sugar for dusting

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). If it does not have a removable bottom, line a 9 inch tube pan with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, cocoa and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside. Measure 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with the grated chocolate.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at low speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Increase mixer speed to medium, stir in cream of tartar and salt, and continue to beat until egg whites form soft peaks. Gradually mix in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in the vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Gently fold the flour mixture into the beaten egg whites, then fold in the grated chocolate, stirring just until no white streaks remain.
4. Gently scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface of the batter and tap the pan lightly to remove any air bubbles. Bake in center of the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until the surface springs back when touched. Cool completely, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving, if desired.

ok, everyone loved it but personally -I did not care for the flavor of the pudding or the coolwhip, both strawberry. I think it tasted to artificial for me but since everyone elsed liked it I will make them at the rest of my shows this month! It was pretty looking too!

PS. to make the strawberry flavored pudding I just added 1 pack of jello to it while mixing the pudding (I used 2 pkgs of pudding). Hope that helps!

Hi there! Your trifle sounds absolutely delicious! I'm sure your guests will love it. Using the strawberry jello in the pudding is such a creative idea. I hope it turns out well and becomes a hit at your show. And making it for Mother's Day dinner is the perfect way to celebrate with your loved ones. Good luck and happy cooking!

1. What is the recipe for the Pink Trifle?

The recipe for Pink Trifle can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes layers of cake, pudding, whipped cream, and fresh berries, all topped with a beautiful pink glaze.

2. How long does it take to make the Pink Trifle?

The Pink Trifle recipe can be made in about 30 minutes, but it does need to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. So, we recommend making it the day before or in the morning on Mother's Day.

3. Can I make the Pink Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Pink Trifle ahead of time. In fact, it's best to let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, so making it ahead of time is a great option. Just cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit for the Pink Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer or have on hand. The recipe calls for fresh berries, but you could also use canned or frozen fruit. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid before using it in the trifle.

5. Can I make the Pink Trifle in individual servings?

Yes, you can make the Pink Trifle in individual servings by using small glass jars or cups. Just layer the ingredients in each jar and top with the pink glaze. This is a fun and cute way to serve the trifle for Mother's Day!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jasonmva
Replies