• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

January Recipe Ideas: Get Inspired for Your Upcoming Shows!

In summary, the hosts are asking for lower fat/lower carb appetizers and healthier entrees for January shows. Becky could you post the smashed potato soup recipe? Thanks. The quick turkey chili and the smashed potato soup are both healthy and lower in calories and fat. Cathy could you post the recipe for the smashed potato soup? Thanks. The quick turkey chili is a good idea for Jan with skillet garlic bread. The ranch packet chicken is soooo yummy in the Power Cooking recipe choices. February 1-14, 5 shows, total $3000, double points = 6,000 pts. February 15-29, 5 shows, total $3000 =
PCSarahjm
I am trying to setup my January shows but am at a loss for recipes? What is everyone else fixing?

Turkey Chili in the DDB or Smashed Potato Soup (I'm actually going to experiment with making that in the DDB too, and see if I can do it that way for shows) w/ garlic biscuit bites in the cookware.

After the indulgences of the holidays... my hosts are asking for lower fat/lower carb appetizers and healthier entrees.Not sure what I'll be preparing, want to feature the stones.

30 Minute Chicken or the 10 Minute Pork would be good in January. Especially when using the meat on a salad, because you can show off a bunch of higher-priced items to encourage February bookings. :)

I have some shows to call back and confirm dates but I do not know what I am fxing yet. I can't think past Christmas right now, ha!

I think it would be a great idea to experiment with healthy, fast cooking between now and January shows so we're ready to offer recipes to our hosts. That is my plan, but I haven't implemented it yet!

The quick turkey chili, and the smashed potato soup are both healthy and lower in calories and fat! (I do add extra chopped veggies to both though - it's really easy to chop up more onions, celery, and carrots than called for)

ChefBeckyD said:
The quick turkey chili, and the smashed potato soup are both healthy and lower in calories and fat! (I do add extra chopped veggies to both though - it's really easy to chop up more onions, celery, and carrots than called for)

Becky could you post the smashed potato soup recipe? Thanks

I am trying to locate a chicken caesar braid possibly found in the "All the Best" PC cookbook.
If someone could post the recipe I would be very grateful
Cathy

Anything in stones. One is definitely the Quick Microwave Turkey Chili. It is good, easy, low cal.

I'm thinking something on a stone and maybe soup... something warm like that. Ooh... I have a 9x13 stone.. maybe a nice warm casserole... I have a challenge coming up to hold a show that the host can eat at and she's on a very strict diet and has a husband allergic to nearly everything (from coconuts to soy and lots in between).

PCSarahjm said:
Becky could you post the smashed potato soup recipe? Thanks

Sure - you can also find it in the "It's Good For You" cookbook.

Attachments

• Smashed Potato Soup.doc
    69 KB · Views: 330
I think that the Quick Turkey Chili is a good idea for Jan with skillet garlic bread. Great idea Becky!! Thank you! I have 6 reg cooking shows booked for jan and 1 power cooking show. For the regular ones I will do the Quick Turkey Chili. The ranch packet chicken is soooo yummy in the Power Cooking recipe choices I think that's the one I'll serve at the party. I'm really excited about January and February!! I cannot wait for the Double Points! I so want to have Level 1 done by the end of March for sure! It shouldn't be too tough with Double points. I just hope they don't raise the amount of points needed for each level again!

Chef Kearns said:
I cannot wait for the Double Points! I so want to have Level 1 done by the end of March for sure! It shouldn't be too tough with Double points. I just hope they don't raise the amount of points needed for each level again!
You can have it by the end of February, if the points required for Level 1 are the same as this year.
All these numbers are based on $600 show avg. (just because it's easier for the math).
Jan 1-9, 1 show, $600 (to get the tablecloth) = 600 pts.
Jan. 15-31, 9 shows, total $5400, double points = 10,800 pts.
Total January sales = $6000 -> 3,000 bonus points
That's 14,400 points for JANUARY! SALES ONLY, no recruiting points in there.

February 1-14, 5 shows, total $3000, double points = 6,000 pts.
February 15-29, 5 shows, total $3000 = 3,000 pts.
Total February sales = $6000 -> 9,000 points
Total SALES points for January and February = 23,400 points

I'm doing Soup & Slippers shows. For the soup, I'm debating between the Turkey Chili in the DCB, Lazy Lasagna Chili, Corn Chowder or Smashed Potato Soup (haven't tried that one yet). Then with it, I'm thinking beer bread in the mini loaf pan or a dessert on a stone. The garlic bites in cookware is a good idea if I use the DCB for the soup. I'm wanting to show stoneware & cookware, hoping that will help with January sales & February bookings (so hosts could get cookware at 60% off!).

chefann said:
30 Minute Chicken or the 10 Minute Pork would be good in January. Especially when using the meat on a salad, because you can show off a bunch of higher-priced items to encourage February bookings. :)

That will work splendidly. I'm going to prepare Nekkid Chicken ;) (skinless and seasoned). Pork if requested.

With salad, perfect!

chefann said:
You can have it by the end of February, if the points required for Level 1 are the same as this year.
All these numbers are based on $600 show avg. (just because it's easier for the math).
Jan 1-9, 1 show, $600 (to get the tablecloth) = 600 pts.
Jan. 15-31, 9 shows, total $5400, double points = 10,800 pts.
Total January sales = $6000 -> 3,000 bonus points
That's 14,400 points for JANUARY! SALES ONLY, no recruiting points in there.

February 1-14, 5 shows, total $3000, double points = 6,000 pts.
February 15-29, 5 shows, total $3000 = 3,000 pts.
Total February sales = $6000 -> 9,000 points
Total SALES points for January and February = 23,400 points

Thank you so much for posting this!! It makes it so much more manageable! I hope the levels stay the same!!! Oh my gosh! Will I really get a trip! I'm salivating!

Chef Kearns said:
Thank you so much for posting this!! It makes it so much more manageable! I hope the levels stay the same!!! Oh my gosh! Will I really get a trip! I'm salivating!
And what's great about that example, is it's 2 $6000 months in a row. That's all (yeah, right- says the consultant whose highest month is just above $2k). And for those 2 months, you'd get $3,240 in commission (combined).

My goodness!! I didn't even think about that! And by the end of Feb I should have 2-3 consultants qualifying! I cannot contain my excitement. I need to run outside and scream!!

chefann said:
And what's great about that example, is it's 2 $6000 months in a row. That's all (yeah, right- says the consultant whose highest month is just above $2k). And for those 2 months, you'd get $3,240 in commission (combined).

I've never hit $6k! My highest month so far has been right at about $4400. So this will be a big stretch for me. However, I can do it with the Lord's blessing!

Ok- I'm sending that breakdown to my Director to pass along to her cluster. :D

I just looked and one of my host has requested me to the Tomato Basil Squares.

lkprescott said:
I have a challenge coming up to hold a show that the host can eat at and she's on a very strict diet and has a husband allergic to nearly everything (from coconuts to soy and lots in between).

Some thoughts:

Ask what there favorite "legal' recipe(s) are and show them how to prepare them faster/easier with the PC tools?

Or perhaps a new twist on combining 'legal' ingredients? Sometimes it is as simple as adding fresh lemon juice and zest for a new taste, or subbing mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes.

Plus make another recipe for guests not on the diet.

It will help with the January host bonus starting at $500 in January....if they shoot for a $900 show, they WILL hit $600!

I am offering a soup and slippers night, as well as brunch. I have 8 shows on my calendar, hoping for another 2-3 and really need to standardize my kit, etc.

If whoever gets the smashed potato soup in the DCB to work, please pass it along.

Did anyone try making the Smashed Potato Soup in the DCB? How did it turn out? I am thinking about doing this for a January show, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing it in the DCB. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, I found it.

Has anyone tried the Oven Barbeque Chili in the "It's Good For You" cookbook, page 103 in the microwave?

The recipe says bake at 350F for 2 1/2 hours! If this could be done in the microwave...ahhhhh!!

How do you convert these recipes to microwaving in the DCB?

This recipe says to put the beef stew pieces, and all ingredients in the Stoneware Bowl(discontinued) and cover with the Deep Dish Baker ...so the meat is raw, then baked for 2 1/2 hours till meat is tender. Would this work in the microwave for a shorter time?

I have a LOT of hosts from October...and a lot of guests who have the DCB, and they love getting recipes for it...so I was going to post this recipe on my website...it's a Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Low Calorie dish...good for the New Year Resolutions!

Thanks!

I love that chili!! I don't know if microwaving it would work, because stew beef isn't the tenderest cut, and the long cooking time helps the fibers break down.

Any tips on making the turkey chili and/ or smashed potato soup in DCB? I'm just not sure how to do it. Kristi

There's a version of the Quick Turkey Chili on CC, already converted for the microwave. It's easy.

Becky posted her microwave directions for the potato soup in another thread.

Chef Kearns said:
I think that the Quick Turkey Chili is a good idea for Jan with skillet garlic bread. Great idea Becky!! Thank you! I have 6 reg cooking shows booked for jan and 1 power cooking show. For the regular ones I will do the Quick Turkey Chili. The ranch packet chicken is soooo yummy in the Power Cooking recipe choices I think that's the one I'll serve at the party. I'm really excited about January and February!! I cannot wait for the Double Points! I so want to have Level 1 done by the end of March for sure! It shouldn't be too tough with Double points. I just hope they don't raise the amount of points needed for each level again!
I'm sorry but I am fairly new still...what is a power show?

I made the Turkey Chili in the DCB last night. IT WAS AWESOME!! Thank you for all the tips! Kristi

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
I made the Turkey Chili in the DCB last night. IT WAS AWESOME!! Thank you for all the tips! Kristi

OMG>>> I made it last night too!!
My family loved it! and soooo easy!

left overs for lunch today!
:)

I made the Quick Turkey Chili in the DCB in the microwave last week and my husband said it was the best chili he ever had!

Related to January Recipe Ideas: Get Inspired for Your Upcoming Shows!

1. What are some easy and popular recipes for January shows?

Some popular recipes for January shows include slow cooker soups, baked casseroles, and one-pan dinners. These dishes are perfect for the cold weather and can easily feed a crowd.

2. Can you recommend any healthy options for January shows?

Yes, we have several healthy and delicious recipes that are perfect for January shows. Some options include roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, zucchini noodles with marinara sauce, and grilled chicken with a citrus salad.

3. Are there any recipes that use seasonal ingredients for January?

Absolutely! January is the perfect time to use winter produce such as root vegetables, winter squash, and citrus fruits. Some recipes that use these seasonal ingredients include roasted root vegetable medley, butternut squash soup, and citrus glazed salmon.

4. What are some kid-friendly recipes for January shows?

We understand the importance of making meals that the whole family will enjoy. Some kid-friendly recipes for January shows include cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole, mini meatball subs, and mac and cheese with hidden veggies.

5. Are there any dessert recipes that are perfect for January shows?

Definitely! Some delicious dessert recipes for January shows include winter fruit crumble, citrus pound cake, and warm chocolate lava cakes. These treats are sure to be a hit with your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommy2amo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • EMarth123