• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Cooking: Delicious Recipes & Weight Loss Inspiration

In summary, the conversation is about finding recipes from the "It's Good For You" cookbook and brainstorming ideas for a weight loss themed party. The person sharing the conversation mentions making Margherita Pita Pizza's and other healthy recipes. They also mention possibly sharing PC recipes on the Weight Watchers website and brainstorming a "meal prep" themed party.
ckmom002
i was wondering if anyone has any of the recipes from the cookbook its good for you as soon as i can afford it i would like to get it but right now im trying to do some shows with some people who are trying to lose weight also if any one has any theme ideas for somthing like that i would appricate it..

At my SIL's showEverybody in her family was on a diet I thnk so we did the Margherita Pita Pizza's and I had to keep making more until I ran all out of ingredients, lol.

2 tsp olive or veg oil
1 tsp pantry italian seasoning mix
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 flat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp snipped fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 425. In small batter bowl, combine oil, seasoning mix, vinegar and garlic pressed with garlic press: mix well. Place pita rounds on rectangle stone. Brush one side of each pita round with oil mix using pastry brush. Using US&G fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Top pita rounds evenly with tomatoes and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil. Cut pizzas into quarters using pizza cutter; serve warm.

Anyway, SIL said that they were excited to have the party because they were going to start putting some PC recipes on the weight watcher's website I think at the time, don't know if it's true or not, but it got them ready.

Found this when I typed in Skinny Dipping (show theme), HTH.

Attachments

• s Points.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Hi there! I don't have the cookbook, but I have some healthy recipes that I've found online that I can share with you. What kind of shows are you doing with people who are trying to lose weight? Maybe we can brainstorm some theme ideas together. One idea could be a "meal prep" theme where we focus on preparing healthy meals for the week ahead. Let me know what you think!

1. How can I make my favorite dishes healthier?

There are many ways to make your favorite dishes healthier. One option is to swap out high-fat ingredients for healthier alternatives, such as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also increase the amount of vegetables in your dishes and use lean proteins. Experiment with different herbs and spices to add flavor without extra calories.

2. Can I still enjoy desserts while trying to lose weight?

Absolutely! There are many delicious and healthy dessert options, such as fruit-based desserts or using alternative sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. You can also make small portion sizes and practice moderation to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your weight loss goals.

3. How can I make meal prep easier for healthy cooking?

Meal prep can be a great way to stay on track with healthy cooking, but it can also be time-consuming. One tip is to plan out your meals for the week and make a grocery list beforehand. You can also batch cook certain ingredients, like chicken or quinoa, to use in multiple meals throughout the week.

4. Are there any cooking techniques that are healthier than others?

Yes, there are certain cooking techniques that can be healthier than others. For example, grilling, baking, and roasting are all great options that use less added fat compared to frying. Steaming and sautéing with minimal oil are also healthy cooking techniques to incorporate into your routine.

5. How can I stay motivated to cook healthy meals at home?

Staying motivated to cook healthy meals at home can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do. One tip is to find recipes that you enjoy and make cooking a fun and creative activity. You can also involve your friends and family in the process, or try new ingredients and cuisines to keep things interesting. Setting achievable goals and rewarding yourself can also help with staying on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • headinclouds25
  • Recipes and Tips