• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Election Day in the Us - Have You Voted Yet?

In summary, the polls are open out east, and people are expected to vote at least four or five times. Some people were frustrated this morning because they had to leave work early to vote.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The polls are open out east. Have you voted yet?

Why not? If you do not participate, you have no right to complain.

GO VOTE!

I'm going to keep bugging you about this all day!

I was voter number 5 in my precinct! There was a short line when I got to the building at 6:45- probably about 15 people in it when they opened at 7:00.

Yeah-- go vote!!

I was number 108. Did a write in candidate for Governor here in IL for the first time.

Ann

I'd never be able to write in "Blagojevich" because I can't pronounce it, let alone spell it.

I heard from family and friends in Illinois aren't happy with the choices for governor. So, I wish you all well!I am voting this afternoon when my husband gets home. We are going together. I usually go first thing in the AM, but I have the baby now and have been sick... so we are going together.I still have a couple of state amendments that I am unsure how to vote on. I have researched them, read them and just don't know what decision to make... so, that's what I am doing until I go vote.

:) I love to be an American! :)

Beware of groups who try to influence your vote on the refereda. We have a referedum here that is worded in a very confusing way. There are groups trying to influence our votes by "clarifying" the issue for us. One group, using a robo-dialer, is telling voters everything (they think) we want to hear and assuring us that by voting "No" we are preserving those values, when in fact, a "Yes" vote would preserve them.No matter which side of the issue you are on, that approach is despicable but getting common here.

jaye said:
I heard from family and friends in Illinois aren't happy with the choices for governor. So, I wish you all well!

I am voting this afternoon when my husband gets home. We are going together. I usually go first thing in the AM, but I have the baby now and have been sick... so we are going together.

I still have a couple of state amendments that I am unsure how to vote on. I have researched them, read them and just don't know what decision to make... so, that's what I am doing until I go vote.

:) I love to be an American! :)

The choices here in IL suck big time, that's for sure! Having my morning coffee, then getting dressed, go vote, then run errands. So, by noon I will have voted. To important, so no way can I not vote.

Exactly! Very important!I don't look to someone else to tell me about the issue. I look up the actual amendment and read that, then make my decision!It's very hard, b/c there are things that I support, but they want to put it as an Amendment on our State Constitution. So, that is what bothers me!

yep - voted this morning!

Debala715 said:
The choices here in IL suck big time, that's for sure! Having my morning coffee, then getting dressed, go vote, then run errands. So, by noon I will have voted. To important, so no way can I not vote.
You live in Illinois - you're expected to vote at least four or five times, not to mention, casting ballots for your dead relatives.

I was # 51 in my precinct! Have a show tonight so voted before my DH left for work this morning!

I am voting this afternoon... But I have to say, I hate it when people run for office unopposed.

supergirljennie said:
I am voting this afternoon... But I have to say, I hate it when people run for office unopposed.
Especially if it's someone you don't like.

I didn't vote a straight party ticket so I could withhold my vote from my state Senator (running unopposed) as my little vote of no-confidence.

As many of you know, I'm on the road for work. I'm listening to my local radio station via the Internet.I just heard a report that in my little home town, at 7:00 this morning, there was a long line waiting at the poll, the parking lot was jammed and traffic was lined up on the side streets waiting to get into the parking lot.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You live in Illinois - you're expected to vote at least four or five times, not to mention, casting ballots for your dead relatives.

That's not Illinois, that's just Chicago, silly goose! How do you think Daley got elected? Commie...oops, did I say that out loud!

I was really frustrated this morning when I went to vote. I work a FT job so I left home early to vote before work. I have a show tonight about 30-45 minutes away so I wasn't sure I would have time after work to vote. The line is pretty long and ALL RETIRED PEOPLE. I had to leave or I knew I would be late for work. Voting before 9 a.m. should be reserved for those still in the work force. I spoke to our mail carrier today and he said the same thing. He needed to vote before work since he doesn't get out of the Post Office until 7:30 p.m. When I retire I promise to vote during the middle of the day, NEVER go to the bank during a typical work lunch hour and stay away from the grocery store on a Saturday. AMEN...I now feel better.

I am going after lunch time...waiting for the working folks to do their voting on their lunch break. I am Virginia...so as you know we are really under the gun for voting!!!

pkd09 said:
I was really frustrated this morning when I went to vote. I work a FT job so I left home early to vote before work. I have a show tonight about 30-45 minutes away so I wasn't sure I would have time after work to vote. The line is pretty long and ALL RETIRED PEOPLE. I had to leave or I knew I would be late for work. Voting before 9 a.m. should be reserved for those still in the work force. I spoke to our mail carrier today and he said the same thing. He needed to vote before work since he doesn't get out of the Post Office until 7:30 p.m. When I retire I promise to vote during the middle of the day, NEVER go to the bank during a typical work lunch hour and stay away from the grocery store on a Saturday. AMEN...I now feel better.
The solution to your problem can be summed up in two words:

Absentee Ballot.

:)

speedychef said:
That's not Illinois, that's just Chicago, silly goose! How do you think Daley got elected? Commie...oops, did I say that out loud!
I've heard that - there are two states in Illinois - Chicago and the rest of the state.

We have three states in Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Upnorth, and The People's Republic of Madison. Former Governor Lee Sherman Dreyfus said, "Madison is 72 square miles surrounded by reality."

pkd09 said:

That's how it was for me too! Except that I had to vote and get home so my DH could go to work! Why do retirees have to vote at 7:00am? I called my DH and he said he could go in 1/2 hr late - so I could stand in line! And these people were in no hurry to vote! They were laughing and talking - it was like a social event for them!

:D I voted this morning too!!

In FLA, we have early voting. I could have voted any time during the last two weeks.... however, since I am STILL undecided about these amendments, I waited.... We will go when DH gets home... I think I know which way to go on the amendments... :) It's funny, b/c my DH votes opposite of me, we just cancel each other out! ;)

You don't know that for sure ;) so it's just good that you vote at all!

Virginia voter checking in. Just took me five minutes!

I voted and it only took a few minutes - My local country station has been promoting country singer Pat Green for Gov as a write in candidate. SHould be interesting to see if anone actually does that. Hey we have a guy named Kinky running - nothing suprises me anymore - Well ALMOST nothing surprises me anymore

I votedI ws # 27, and hubby #26 in our presinct. I love to complain too much, and I feel that if I do not vote, I do not have the right to complain, so vote I must!!!!!

Well, I'm back home. I was #170 in my precinct. Of course I am gonna be watching the news tonight. I'm actually an election night news junkie. For some reason I just love watching the returns.

Kentucky voter here!

I'm going after my day care kids get picked up! It's pouring down rain here... I hope that isn't "dampening" the turn out! My 17 year old is working the polls this year. I LOVE they our county gets our teens involved. Paying them a good wage never discourages them from having a day out of school either!

:) Just got back from the polls! :)

quiverfull7 - that is awesome that your kids get involved. I remember the first year I voted I was still in line waiting to vote when Reagan was pretty much already winning by a landslide.

Just got back and I was # 396!!!

I didn't look to see what # voter I was. It was very quiet in the building I voted in and there were only 2 other people there. I do live on an air force base in Minot, ND though so I guess I shouldn't expect a huge crowd... :rolleyes:

Voted! #286!

I voted! I was #277 - which is high for my town especially half way through the day.

I AM SO GLAD THE CAMPAIGN ADS CAN STOP NOW!!! :D

They haven't stopped yet - on my way back into my room I just heard our illustrious governor spewing forth on the local radio station.

I voted! And in VA I voted NO for discrimination to be wirtten into the constituiton!

I voted a few hours ago!Glad this is over!

I went this afternoon while on my way to run errands and shop! Hubby and I always go together... how romantic....ha.

Voted with my husband this morning. We were 165 and 166 at our voting place.

I'm hoping my sister's day is going fairly well. She became a township clerk this spring and today is her first election. Not only does she have five state proposals but her township has 3 for their area. Polls closed at 8:00. I'm sure she won't be home until late tonight (early tomorrow). No use trying to call and check on her. I'm sure she is exhausted.

It's very long days for them! They are there from start to finish! What a great way to serve your community though, because the compensation is next to nothing! :) I had planned on volunteering for my polling place, but I didn't have anyone to watch the kids... I definitely plan to next election!

I voted early, over a week ago. Yeah me!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told my doctor (he was right behind me in line to vote) that I was now going to go home and hurt my father for lying to me.
I went to go pick up my youngest from my parent's place, drove by the church, wondered why the heck there were cars all around the block, *lightbulb came on* voting duh.
Got out to parents nobody home, turned around to come back, figured they were voting, but didn't see their van, so I came back home, waited about 15 minutes, called and he told me that they were voting.
I said I just drove by and there is no way I am going, to which he replied it only took 10 minutes there weren't that many people in there, just go up there, Fine.
So, I get in the back of the LONG line at 5:40 and wait and wait and wait, at 6:30 I FINALLY walk out, ughh. I took the I voted sticker just to put over his mouth, lol.
There used to be at least 2 polling places when I was still in high school, now they're down to one in town, they said there weren't enough volunteers (one of them said that they all had been there all day since there weren't even enough volunteers for them to change out) to open another one and they only had 2 electronic machines because they were so expensive, I took a paper ballot to fill in the circles since I figured it would be faster.

I will be glad when it is all over with. I have been gettng at least 3-4 political calls a day. I hate answering my phone or even listening to my messages because of it. I am not a big politcal persib but I did know what I should vote on for some of the amendments. I will also be happy to watch tv and not have to see all of the ad campaigns.
Sorry this is so negative but this time around I have about had it.

speedychef said:

Apparently I was wrong. I talked to my mom today and she told me that she saw my name right after hers in my former hometown! I could have voted a second time if I wanted to! Yikes!

I agree with AprilApril I live in Genoa NE and we were out of town this weekend. We got back and had 10 messages on our answering machine and 7! were political calls. This year the calls and the ads were very bad and very annoying. I for one am extremely happy that the election is finally over!!!

yep all done :D

jdavis said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a paper ballot to fill in the circles since I figured it would be faster.
They say that working with your hands like that is good therapy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies