• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso More Recipes for the Rice Cooker Plus

In summary, there are many different recipes that can be made in a rice cooker such as rice, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and even a molten lava cake. However, it is not recommended to use it for browning rice or popping popcorn. There are plenty of recipes available in the files section for more ideas on how to use a rice cooker.
BettieC
Gold Member
Post your fave recipes. Please

I don't have the rice cooker, but had a customer ask if you could pop popcorn in it? Does anyone know? thanks.

Hmmm... I dunno about that one. I made some rice a roni in mine the other night and it didnt take too well to browning my rice in the butter. I have a funky white looking bottom in it now. I think I fried it, literally!

I love using mine for rice, mashed potatoes, steaming veggies (take a frozen bag, add a little water to the bottom and some s&p and cook til done) ummm... I heard the lava cake is good, but havent tried it. I heard you can do tortilla shells in it also, but I always make spanish rice in it so I haven't tried them yet.

I just LOVE my RCP! It's always in the sink dirty it seems like!

Search the files. There's plenty of recipes out there.

flemings99 said:
I don't have the rice cooker, but had a customer ask if you could pop popcorn in it? Does anyone know? thanks.

Absolutely not!​

candiejayne said:
Hmmm... I dunno about that one. I made some rice a roni in mine the other night and it didnt take too well to browning my rice in the butter. I have a funky white looking bottom in it now. I think I fried it, literally!

I love using mine for rice, mashed potatoes, steaming veggies (take a frozen bag, add a little water to the bottom and some s&p and cook til done) ummm... I heard the lava cake is good, but havent tried it. I heard you can do tortilla shells in it also, but I always make spanish rice in it so I haven't tried them yet.

I think the white residue in your rice cooker is the food grade talc used in the manufacting of the Rice Cooker. I know that is what makes the micro cooker have a white residue sometimes. It is completely harmless. You might look on CC under product info and see if it says something about that. Also, when I make rice-a-roni I don't bother with the step of sauteing the rice and vermicelli in butter. I simply boil the water and add the rice and seasonings, that way it is also lower in fat too.:)
Deb

candiejayne said:

I think the use and care instructions say not to do the browning of rice for rice a roni in there. Or maybe I read that here. Can't remember which.

Did you guys see the recipes in the files section? There are several recipes that you can do in the rice cooker. Mashed potatoes, molten lava cake, and more.

babywings76 said:
I think the use and care instructions say not to do the browning of rice for rice a roni in there. Or maybe I read that here. Can't remember which.

Did you guys see the recipes in the files section? There are several recipes that you can do in the rice cooker. Mashed potatoes, molten lava cake, and more.

I did...lol....I want more :)

Here is the booklet I give out-

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Booklet.doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 823
candiejayne said:

Yep! You fried it! I did that too, I was so sad, it was like the second time I used it and made the rice-a-roni, and it was like the rice was litterally fried right into the bottom of the RCP.... I sent it back and got a new one... they didn't question it, but like I said, I hadn't had it very long. Since I got my new one I havne't used it yet... I really need to start using it again! Just don't want to ruin it again.

Can you take these RCP recipes and use in the large micro cooker??

junkfortara said:
Can you take these RCP recipes and use in the large micro cooker??

For some you can, but I would not recommend any that have liquid or require boiling....it'll just boil over and make a big mess in your micro. There are some recipes in the micro cooker booklet that are pretty similar....check it out...

Attachments

• Micro-Cooker%20book[1].doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 6,053
Has anyone made sweet potatoes in the rice cooker? Any recipes available?
Thanks.

Related to Iso More Recipes for the Rice Cooker Plus

1. What is the capacity of the Rice Cooker Plus for these recipes?

The Rice Cooker Plus has a capacity of 3.5 quarts, making it perfect for cooking large batches of rice and other dishes.

2. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus to make non-rice recipes?

Absolutely! The Rice Cooker Plus is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes such as soups, stews, and even desserts.

3. Are these recipes suitable for all types of rice?

Yes, our recipes are designed to work with all types of rice including white, brown, jasmine, and basmati.

4. Can I adjust the cooking time for these recipes?

Yes, the cooking time can be adjusted according to your preference. However, we recommend following the recipe instructions for best results.

5. Do I need to preheat the Rice Cooker Plus before adding the ingredients?

No, the Rice Cooker Plus does not require preheating. Simply add your ingredients, set the cooking time, and let the cooker do the rest of the work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • jrny2001