• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ISO Diabetic Recipes

frozenchef

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Looking for diabetic recipes for a customer - thought I saw some on here at some point, but can't find them now... :(

frozenchef

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Oh, that's right Carla! Maybe just a little sampling to start her off? If it's easier to e-mail, my address is [email protected] or you can FB message me :)
So my head cold and headache finally went away - yay!

carlajanes

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2011
i will get some out to you today....right now i am canning green beans :) but will do it when i am finished....so glad you are feeling better!!!

ShellBeach

Veteran Member
Sep 5, 2008
How I wish PC had a diabetic cookbook! I think we could easily sell them, esp if it combined the 30-minute (excuse me, 29-minute) dinner concept!

While I was waiting for an Rx yesterday at CVS, I saw a Diabetic Living magazine (special edition) of diabetic crockpot recipes that could easily go in the DCB. It had suggestions of sides at the end, too.

carlajanes

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2011
I agree!! We need more diabetic friendly recipes. We finally caught up with the times and have vegetarian ones so maybe we are next :)

mgranich

Oct 5, 2011
Ironically enough I was diagnosed with Diabetes yesterday. I am trying to take this all in and figure out how to change my diet and get this under control. Anyone willing to share diabetic recipes please send to [email protected].

thanks!

Nov 11, 2011
I would love to have a few diabetic recipes as well. My host for February has a son that was recently diagnosed with diabetes and they are still learning how to change the families diet. This would be a great help for them. Thanks so [email protected]

ally44

Novice Member
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi Carla,
I would be interested in receiving some of your diabetic recipes. The host is look at a dessert but is flexible. Please email me at [email protected].

Thank you,

Debbie

Teresa LM

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2011
Listings of carbs go a long way for anyone that's diabetic. Most count carbs and have to adjust accordingly. I am a relatively new diabetic and I can tell you today that the Mini Brownie Pan Pineapple Upsidedown Cake recipe was a major No-No! I never looked at the carbs, etc. I'm still learning but at least most recipes have the carb counts but everyone is different.

Teresa LM

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2011
P.S., I didn't need to look. I knew. But, some days are just that way. I was just a bit surprised at how bad it really was. :O Yikes!

alidafrizzell

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2005
hi aimee...i am a diabetic and have tons o recipes :) what are you looking for?

Oh my goodness! Must be going around! I too have very recently been diagnosed and trying to learn! I think this might be a good request for PC! Cookbook with Diabetic's in mind! I too would LOVE any receipes tips and ideas! SO at a loss for even where to begin!
[email protected]

Apr 27, 2013
Hello - I am a new Independent Pampered Chef Consultant and one of my first cooking shows is for a diabetic. I am diabetic also. ISO recipes that we can fix for her show. Thanks so much!!!

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
From http://voices.yahoo.com/2-sugar-free-recipes-diabetics-1552845.html?cat=22

Strawberry Amaretto Puffs

1 package frozen puff pastry dough
1 package fresh or frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
Sugar substitute of your choice to preferred taste
1 package sugar free whipped topping
1 tsp amaretto flavoring
1 handful finely chopped almonds
Zest of one orange

Bake puff pastry according to manufacturer's directions and set aside until stone cold. Blend together amaretto flavoring, and whipped topping. Set aside in the fridge. Next, slice up your strawberries and add as much of your preferred sugar substitute as tastes best to you. Now comes the fun part. Cut a pastry puff in half. Add a dollop of the whipped cream mixture to the bottom half and then add a spoon of the berry mixture. Top with almonds and orange zest. Finish with the top half of the pastry puff and another dollop of whipped cream and smattering of strawberries if you so desire. Serve immediately so as to avoid the whipped cream melting.

Asian Orange Ginger Barbecue Sauce For Chicken

1 jar sugar free orange marmalade (Apricot also tastes good if you cannot find orange.)
1 bottle barbecue sauce (Any brand you like. Just make sure sugar and carbohydrates are low.)

1 tsp fresh grated ginger {With these three ingredients I diverge from the recipe a bit and
1 tsp fresh chopped chives add what I think tastes good!!}
1 tsp fresh chopped garlic

Enough soy sauce to make sauce slightly runny. (Optional.)
1 tsp Sesame seeds (Optional.)

Mix first five ingredients thoroughly. If the mixture is a bit too thick add some soy sauce to loosen it up a bit. The consistency of ketchup is good. I like to add sesame seeds but my daughter hates them in her food so the choice is up to you. After this is mixed brush it liberally over approximately one pound of chicken. Grill or bake as you normally would.

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
This recipe adapted from Pampered Chef “Delightful Desserts” using sugar free
ingredients.

Strawberries & Cream Cloud
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup strawberry preserves (use Smucker’s Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves)
1 ready prepared angel food cake (12 –13 ounces) (purchase sugar free
prepared angel food cake from Wal-Mart or other grocery outlet)
1 8-oz container vanilla low fat yogurt
¼ cup milk (use fat-free milk)
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix (use Jell-O sugar free vanilla pudding
mix)
2 8-oz containers Cool Whip (can use sugar free Cool Whip)
Mix sliced strawberries with the strawberry preserves. Set aside. Mix milk,
pudding, yogurt and about ½ of one container of the Cool Whip for the cream
layer. Set aside.
Slice cake in 1/8 portions. Slice horizontally, about 3 slices per piece.
To assemble: Line a 2 quart bowl with plastic wrap. Starting with cake pieces,
layer cake, strawberry mixture and cream mixture. Finish with cake pieces.
Place a plate large enough to cover bowl, flip cake onto plate.
Frost using remaining Cool Whip.
Can serve immediately, but better if chilled for 2-4 hours.

From http://www.mohave.edu/documents/Human_Resources/HealthyU/Recipes/Strawberry_Cake.pdf

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
Can someone please post the Diabetic Recipes for everyone? I'm sure our members would like that.
Thanks!

Apr 13, 2012
Hi Carla - Can you please send me some diabetic recipes too? Do you have any suggestions for a great demo? I have a show coming up with a diabetic crowd. Thanks in advance! :)

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
Is there a recipe file for diabetic recipes? I have a future host that wants me to send her a number of recipes to choose from for her show.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I'm a well-controlled diabetic. Many PC recipes are good for diabetics. Just look for recipes with little or no added sugar and no white bread or white rice. I don't think there's a file here for diabetes-friendly recipes.