• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Island Breeze Rum Cake Recipe Tips: Flipping and Filling Tricks

In summary, pre-cooking the cakes is a good idea to make them firmer and less fragile. To peel a mango, use a very sharp knife or a green santuko. A spoon can be used to peel a kiwi. If mangoes are unavailable, papaya and pineapple can be used as alternatives. It can be difficult to slice the cake after assembling it, so dicing the mango may help with this issue.
I love this recipe! I'm making it for my show tonight and on Monday. (I make the cake ahead of time and simply assemble it at the show. It still lets me demo all the tools except the pan...and they can see how cool the pans are by looking at the cake.)

<h2>1. How can I flip the thin cakes over for filling and decorating?</h2><p>One trick is to use two cake racks stacked on top of each other, with the cakes sandwiched in between. This allows you to easily flip the cakes without worrying about them breaking. Alternatively, you can also use a large spatula to carefully flip the cakes over.</p><h2>2. Do you have any tips for filling and decorating the cakes?</h2><p>To make the process easier, you can use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut off to fill the cakes with the frosting. This allows for more precision and less mess. For decorating, you can use a small offset spatula or a butter knife to spread the frosting evenly on the cakes.</p><h2>3. Can I use a regular peeler for the mangoes?</h2><p>Yes, a regular peeler can be used for peeling mangoes. Just make sure to use a sharp one and peel the mangoes carefully to avoid any accidents.</p><h2>4. Can I peel the fruit ahead of time?</h2><p>Yes, you can peel the fruit ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can save you time on the day of baking and make the process smoother.</p><h2>5. Is the new veggie peeler not recommended for peeling mangoes?</h2><p>The new veggie peeler can still be used for peeling mangoes, but it may not be as effective as a serrated peeler. If you are concerned about damaging the fruit, it is best to stick with a sharp, regular peeler.</p>

1. How can I flip the thin cakes over for filling and decorating?

One trick is to use two cake racks stacked on top of each other, with the cakes sandwiched in between. This allows you to easily flip the cakes without worrying about them breaking. Alternatively, you can also use a large spatula to carefully flip the cakes over.

2. Do you have any tips for filling and decorating the cakes?

To make the process easier, you can use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut off to fill the cakes with the frosting. This allows for more precision and less mess. For decorating, you can use a small offset spatula or a butter knife to spread the frosting evenly on the cakes.

3. Can I use a regular peeler for the mangoes?

Yes, a regular peeler can be used for peeling mangoes. Just make sure to use a sharp one and peel the mangoes carefully to avoid any accidents.

4. Can I peel the fruit ahead of time?

Yes, you can peel the fruit ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can save you time on the day of baking and make the process smoother.

5. Is the new veggie peeler not recommended for peeling mangoes?

The new veggie peeler can still be used for peeling mangoes, but it may not be as effective as a serrated peeler. If you are concerned about damaging the fruit, it is best to stick with a sharp, regular peeler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookingisfunagain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies