• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is your garlic press coating flaking off too?

R
RachelNguyen
is anyone else having this problem? The coating on my garlic press is beginning to flake off. I am concerned because I sell a ton of these. (Just sold 5 to a friend for her holidays!)

Rachel

I had someone complaining about this at a recent show. I have not have this problem...so did not know how to answer.

mine is starting to.
i put it in the dishwasher. is it dishwasher safe?

I've had mine for over a year and it is flaking too. I never really thought much about it.

Yes, it is supposed to be dishwasher safe.

Mine is flaking too?? I have sold a bunch of these too! :(

Maybe there was a bad batch. I've had my kit one for over a year and my original one for abou 4 years and I put them in the dishwasher. No flaking. Call HO and see what is going on.

mine is also flaking

Mine is flaking as well, but I just assumed normal wear and tear. It hasn't effected its use, so I haven't worried about it. No flakes in my food or anything!

Last edited:
supergirljennie said:
Mine is flaking as well, but I just assumed normal wear and tear. It hasn't effected it's use, so I haven't worried about it. No flakes in my food or anything!

Same here, but what if the customers have this problem and think our product is cheaply made:( !

Mine is flaking and it's only a couple months old...

I have had mine since April and no problems. All of you should call HO to get a new one andmake sure they are aware of the problem.

1 year oldMy GP is right at one year old and I use mine A LOT and I haven't had a peeling problem - yet??

I hope this is not what i have to look forward to wiht mine. I rellay play this one up at my shows - I demo the GP & the CP at every show and sell to at least half of the group there.

It would be hard to explain to them why it is peeling. I would love to hear the response for HO on this subject. Has any one emailed them yet???

supergirljennie said:
Mine is flaking as well, but I just assumed normal wear and tear. It hasn't effected its use, so I haven't worried about it. No flakes in my food or anything!

Ditto here.
ALthough I just had a customer last week whose GP is 5 yrs old and is flaking and she wanted it replaced. I told he rit was out of warranty but sold her a new one at 15% off.

I didn't mind when it was flaking on the inside, but the other night I was demoing it to a crowd and a big piece of the coating came off right in front of everyone. It was pretty embarrassing, LOL.

I'll call HO tomorrow and let them know about the issue and see what they say. (Although in the past they always deny there is a problem.... we ALL have to let them know, I think.)

Thanks guys!

Mine was flaking. I got it replaced by HQ. Glad it had a 2 year guarantee!

Mine's flaking too. Hmmm...guess I should call HO too.

WowNot good. I have had mine for 5.5 years and not a problem. I bet you are all correct that there was a bad batch. And yes, if one or two people contact HO, they think your nuts but if everyone having the problem contacts them, they will know it is serious. We had that problem when we complained about the handles on the Woven selctions being funny and bending. After enough of us called, they put a stop sell on them and the manufacturer put in a better quality handle. SO THE MORE CALLS THE BETTER!

maybe we sould tell HO about this? what do you girls think?

I'm on the phone right now! On hold, of course, but nonetheless!

OK, I have a new garlic press on the way. I had received mine in my Starter Kit in February so no warranty problems!

little tip for the GP...I use my GP to make...cookie hair! Yep, just take little bits (about a small marble size) of sugar cookie dough, tinted to match the color of the hair, and press it through the GP to make hair for your "sugar cookie kids". My Grandmama told me this many years ago and now I see that puillsbury has a "tip" just like this for there gingerbread dough...I bet they stole it from her!! My Grandmama was one of the first contributors to the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Her Molases cookies are in the first edition!!:p

cp? citres press? I know I mispelled it :(
PCGINA said:
My GP is right at one year old and I use mine A LOT and I haven't had a peeling problem - yet??

I hope this is not what i have to look forward to wiht mine. I rellay play this one up at my shows - I demo the GP & the CP at every show and sell to at least half of the group there.

It would be hard to explain to them why it is peeling. I would love to hear the response for HO on this subject. Has any one emailed them yet???

cp ? citress press?

Citress doesn't look right :(

How cool is that??
thechefofnorthbend said:
I use my GP to make...cookie hair! Yep, just take little bits (about a small marble size) of sugar cookie dough, tinted to match the color of the hair, and press it through the GP to make hair for your "sugar cookie kids". My Grandmama told me this many years ago and now I see that puillsbury has a "tip" just like this for there gingerbread dough...I bet they stole it from her!! My Grandmama was one of the first contributors to the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Her Molases cookies are in the first edition!!:p

Your Grandma is famous!!!

pampered1224 said:
Not good. I have had mine for 5.5 years and not a problem. I bet you are all correct that there was a bad batch. And yes, if one or two people contact HO, they think your nuts but if everyone having the problem contacts them, they will know it is serious. We had that problem when we complained about the handles on the Woven selctions being funny and bending. After enough of us called, they put a stop sell on them and the manufacturer put in a better quality handle. SO THE MORE CALLS THE BETTER!
I have had one of mine for over a year and the other for at least 6 years and no problems with either of them. (fingers crossed)

thechefofnorthbend said:
I use my GP to make...cookie hair! Yep, just take little bits (about a small marble size) of sugar cookie dough, tinted to match the color of the hair, and press it through the GP to make hair for your "sugar cookie kids".

What a great idea. I'll be sharing that one a lot.

Next April get another one if yours is flaking. Everyone who wrote "mine is too" needs to call HO and let them know. If they get 2 calls, big deal. If they get 20, it is a BIG DEAL!

RachelNguyen said:
I didn't mind when it was flaking on the inside, but the other night I was demoing it to a crowd and a big piece of the coating came off right in front of everyone. It was pretty embarrassing, LOL.

I'll call HO tomorrow and let them know about the issue and see what they say. (Although in the past they always deny there is a problem.... we ALL have to let them know, I think.)

Thanks guys!

Oh no!!
Mine isn;t flaking LIKE THAT. I mean, the solver color is coming off, but not in big chunks!!

RachelNguyen said:

Thanks guys!

:eek:
Okay, my finish is flaked, or scratched or whatever, but I thought everyone was overreacting until I read this! It came off in a chunk? Wow!

My press has some missing coating and I didn't think it was bad, but I guess I should get it replaced to keep customer's thinking it is great.

My kids use the press for playdough hair. It's great.

I wouldn't call mine "flaking" although it is scratched up on the inside.

1. Why is the coating on my garlic press flaking off?

The coating on your garlic press may be flaking off due to wear and tear from frequent use or exposure to high heat. It could also be a sign of poor quality materials or manufacturing processes.

2. Is this a common problem with garlic presses?

Yes, it is a common problem with some garlic presses. Some lower quality presses may have a thin or poorly applied coating that is more likely to flake off over time.

3. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with their garlic press?

I cannot speak for others, but it is possible that other garlic press users have also experienced flaking off of the coating. It is important to do research and read reviews before purchasing a garlic press to avoid this issue.

4. Will the flaking coating affect the performance of my garlic press?

In most cases, the flaking coating should not affect the performance of your garlic press. However, it may be more difficult to clean and may not look as aesthetically pleasing. If the coating continues to flake off, it could potentially affect the functionality of the press.

5. What should I do if the coating on my garlic press is flaking off?

If the coating on your garlic press is flaking off, you can try contacting the manufacturer for a replacement or refund. You can also try using a different garlic press with a more durable coating. It is important to always properly clean and dry your garlic press after each use to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Kimbo
Replies