• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Use for Garlic Press: Crushing Dog Pills without Detection

In summary, a garlic press can be used for more than just crushing garlic. It can also be used to crush other herbs and spices, make fresh juice, and crush nuts or crackers. It can also be used for non-food items like crushing pills or small objects for arts and crafts. To clean a garlic press, rinse under hot water and remove any remaining debris. It is not designed for peeling garlic. Using a garlic press can save time and effort, ensure even crushing, and reduce mess and odor in the kitchen.
pamperedharriet
I just read Heloise in today's paper and someone wrote in that she uses her garlic press to crush her dog's pills as the dog won't take the pills mixed with food etc and using the garlic press the dog doesn't really know that the pill is in the food dish with its food. Heloise wrote back stating she does this too but to just check with your vet to make sure that the pill is ok to crush to get the benefit.

Thought I would share.

Cool! Thanks for sharing, Harriet.

I had heard this tip years ago and have shared it at shows but I have to say that I tried it with a couple of different pills and it didn't work but then they say you can also crush a bullion cube with the garlic press and I can't do that either.

Someone at work told me he used his to make guacamole. He said he cut up the avocado and put it through the press.
Seems like a lot of work to me, but he said it worked great!

You can put little balls of sugar cookie dough through the Garlic Press to make Santa's beard-hair for holiday cookies, too!

redsoxgirl said:
Someone at work told me he used his to make guacamole. He said he cut up the avocado and put it through the press.
Seems like a lot of work to me, but he said it worked great!

OMG! That IS a lot of work! I'd offer him the Mix n Mash instead.

What are some new uses for a garlic press?

A garlic press can be used for more than just crushing garlic. It can also be used to crush other herbs and spices, such as ginger or rosemary. It can also be used to make fresh ginger or garlic juice for recipes. Additionally, it can be used to crush nuts or crackers for toppings or breading.

Can a garlic press be used for anything other than food?

Yes, a garlic press can be used for non-food items as well. It can be used to crush pills or vitamins for easier consumption. It can also be used to crush small items like crayons or chalk for arts and crafts projects.

How do I clean a garlic press?

To clean a garlic press, first remove any large pieces of garlic or food debris. Then, rinse the press under hot water and use a small brush or toothpick to remove any remaining bits. You can also soak the press in hot soapy water for a few minutes before rinsing and drying thoroughly.

Can a garlic press be used for peeling garlic?

No, a garlic press is not designed for peeling garlic. It is meant for crushing already peeled cloves. To easily peel garlic, you can place the cloves in a metal bowl, cover with another bowl, and shake vigorously for a few seconds to separate the garlic from the peel.

What are the benefits of using a garlic press?

Using a garlic press can save time and effort in the kitchen. It also ensures that garlic is evenly crushed, which can enhance the flavor in dishes. Additionally, using a garlic press can reduce the mess and strong odor that often comes with manually crushing garlic cloves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Sonia_J
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • babywings76